View Poll Results: Rate this attraction AND indicate the maximum time you would be willing to wait

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ***** stars (Top Rating)

10 8.70%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction **** stars (Good)

40 34.78%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction *** stars (Neutral)

25 21.74%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ** stars (Didn't Like)

20 17.39%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction * star (Lowest Rating)

17 14.78%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 0 - 15 minutes

46 40.00%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 15 - 30 minues

31 26.96%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 30 - 45 minutes

16 13.91%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 45 - 60 minutes

10 8.70%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait over 60 minutes

4 3.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Cars Land: Luigi's Flying Tires — Information, photos and more

I think the novelty of it makes a lot more fun than it may actually be. I know I was super hyped just to be in there before everyone else lol.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Someone may have already posted this link, but I just found the less than positive review from the LA Times:

Review: Luigi's Flying Tires fail to live up to levitating legacy - latimes.com

• Thinking about doughnuts

I'm borrowing my review from another thread:

I rode Luigi's on June 14 during media day. I'd read somewhere on MiceChat that the best strategy was to go on Luigi's first and then go on over to Racers. So I avoided most of the line and got on in about 10 minutes. Which was one entire cycle.

When I was there the throughput was horrible because they had set up a tire in the corner for the media riders. On each cycle they had to get a tire into the corner, put the media people in it, and then shoot some video before starting the cycle. I doubt Luigi's has a lot of throughput normally but yesterday it was horrible. Without the media video being shot it would have gone quicker. But it would still be a slow loader.

I admit to having ridden the original flying saucers but I was young enough that my memories of it are pretty vague. The most important thing is to select a tire that's away from the pileup of tires which tends to be in the middle. That gives you a chance to get moving. Stay in the center of the tire and just lean a little. It's just like they show in the instructions. It gets going very easily if you do that.

If you're in a pile of tires then it's hard to get going because people are in your way. I didn't really get a good tire because most were already taken so I ended up with one in the pack. My plan was to try to get out of there and see how fast the tire would go. It took me a while to break out of the group. I had to bump a few people to escape. That was fun. I liked bumping them. And they liked being bumped. Once I got a little separation I saw an opening and managed to get away and then move across about two thirds of the playfield without being hit. I kept leaning the whole time so the tire just kept accelerating. There is no friction to speak of. I approve of this design. I was moving quickly by the time I got to the other side. Sadly there was noone there to pile into so I just hit a wall but even that was fun. Boing. Your tire can move quickly but has limited ability to steer or slow down. Once again, I approve. This thing looks like it could be lots of fun.

I can't help but think what I could have done if I could have ridden the next cycle and got to be in the tire I left in the far corner. I would have taken that tire the length of the playfield and straight into the group of tires at the other end. It would have been like a cue ball on a break with me as the cue ball. Fun! Try that on a ride where you just get to sit back and watch the show.

I rode Luigi's once and Racers eight times. But that was only because the line at Luigi's was absurdly long. Well, definitely longer than my patience lasts. If the line lengths were equal then I would have gone on Racers a few times and spent the rest of the time on Luigi's. Racers is an impressive ride but I think Luigi's is more repeatable. Racers is a dark ride and family thrill ride which you sit back and enjoy. Luigi's is a game that you can play. There's any number of things you can try. Or you can just bounce around a little and play with the beach balls. It works for both kinds of riders.

Between the bouncy Italian music, tires bouncing off of each other, and beach balls flying in every direction I think Luigi's captures a kind of silliness which definitely adds to the area. Plus it's also fun to watch. The local crowd which frequents the park will definitely figure it out in short order. I think it's a fun addition to the park. And quite a bit different from most of the other rides.

I hope that Luigi's will last for a very long time. It's not going to appeal to everyone. But it will have some people like me who really look forward to playing with this shiny new toy.

Oh, and I will definitely remember to step over the tire rather than trip on it. Which they told me in the instructions at least twice. And I think on the signs in the queue. And definitely on the no step sign they had on the tire itself. Yup.

• Tortilla Enthusiast

Does anybody know how child swap works for Tires? Do I need to get a paper pass from the CM at the entrance? Going in a few days and I can't find info for the Carsland rides.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Thumbs up Re: Cars Land: Luigi's Flying Tires — Information, photos and more

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    I'm borrowing my review from another thread:

Racers is an impressive ride but I think Luigi's is more repeatable. Racers is a dark ride and family thrill ride which you sit back and enjoy. Luigi's is a game that you can play. There's any number of things you can try. Or you can just bounce around a little and play with the beach balls. It works for both kinds of riders.

Between the bouncy Italian music, tires bouncing off of each other, and beach balls flying in every direction I think Luigi's captures a kind of silliness which definitely adds to the area. Plus it's also fun to watch. The local crowd which frequents the park will definitely figure it out in short order. I think it's a fun addition to the park. And quite a bit different from most of the other rides.

I hope that Luigi's will last for a very long time. It's not going to appeal to everyone. But it will have some people like me who really look forward to playing with this shiny new toy.

Oh, and I will definitely remember to step over the tire rather than trip on it. Which they told me in the instructions at least twice. And I think on the signs in the queue. And definitely on the no step sign they had on the tire itself. Yup.
    Choosing a tire that has a lot of space from other tires gives you a definite advantage to pick up speed. But Macro made a good point -- even if you choose one that is crowded with other tires around it -- look for an opening and go for it. When you are free of the pack then you have more space to fly. Woohoo!

I choose not to hit people most of the time. Instead I make it a game of how long I can keep dodging other tires (and beachballs)!

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Macro View Post
    Racers is an impressive ride but I think Luigi's is more repeatable. Racers is a dark ride and family thrill ride which you sit back and enjoy. Luigi's is a game that you can play.
    That's why I think this ride is going to be a success. The people in the videos look like they having lots of fun and the beach balls do make it more of a game. I think Disney will solve the long wait problem by expanding the ride and adding more capacity.

• Fireworks Finatic!

Walked buy the Flying Tires a couple times yesterday and everyone was having a blast. Looks like the tires really do move too. So just depends if you get caught in a corner or something. Did not wait in line, so I am sure that could have something to do with taking the fun away if you wait 2 hours for this.. But overall, I don't think this ride is as much as a failure as people make it out to be..

• Minion

The ride is pure fun. I can imagine people would be crabby about it if they weren't able to maneuver properly, but it wasn't a big challenge for me. I think people were just over-thinking things or trying too hard. I can imagine once there get to be more experienced riders, they'll make the ride more fun for other people by bumping around, passing balls, and helping each other out.

I agree with you Mary Ann ..I remember the flying saucer ride so this is a nostalgia thing for me too. My daughter and I had no problem getting it to go where we wanted (the trick being that everyone has to lean in the same direction!) And I waited an hour because at the moment it is a novelty. I enjoyed the ride, and I don't really agree with the negative buzz. Of course this attraction cannot compare to the RSR---but it is still fun and does not deserve all the negativity. They also work like bumper cars which is always a blast for the whole family! Of course I'm Italian, too and very fond of Luigi
    Last edited by jeannie2252; 06-18-2012 at 01:08 AM.

I waited in line for over 2 hours for Luigi's. We waited a little less than that for Racer's. Luigi's was more worth it to me.
    I believe my future must be brighter than my past. Without that belief, I'm just waiting to die.
    --> Zero to Hero Transformation

I just want to recommend that everyone go ride this attraction whenever they get the chance. Ride it at least once. Try to minimize your wait times so as not to waste any more time than necessary. I feel like this dud of a ride will be closed and replaced after this Summer. The que and building are wonderful, but soon another Carny-type ride will be inserted as the "Flying Tires" go the same way as the "Flying Saucers" into Yesterland. It is a complete dud.

My two cents.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

• Banned User

I see alot of positive reviews on here, but if you look at reviews on non-Disney fan sites, and if you look at posted comments below news articles about Carsland, the general concensus on those is that it is a pretty bad ride and not worth it. I have no idea, havent ridden it and will try it, but I dont know if I can realy trust a thread where some people think it is superior to RSR.

•   
    • Minion

I rate this 4 stars and I would wait 30-45 mins for it. we had a blast on it. And borrowing from one of the many luigi's threads that are on here here is my review.

So after riding it three times I can give an opinion here. I think this attraction is pretty fun. We got it moving pretty well and were able to get around and knock into our friends. Now that doesn't mean there isn't room for improvement of course.

Somehow they need to speed the line up. I would not wait or 45 mins for this thing and the line is consistently 100 mins or more. We did it at the beginning of the day and made it the first priority. The obvious solution of course is to make it bigger or build another. Now we all know that cost money of course and where and how to do it is a huge part

As mentioned numerous times the loading of people who need extra assistance this is simply flat out the wrong way to do it. They need to refine it to help speed up the process and make it safe.

Again I really enjoyed this attraction and hope they find a way to speed the line up somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I'm probably alone but I actually really enjoyed the attraction. My friend I was with did as well. We went on it first thing since there was no line yet and I went in with pretty low expectations. I thought the queue both indoors and out was quite beautiful. The ride itself...well I definitely saw people basically not moving but I was determined. I didn't bother myself with any beachballs and my friend and I really got the hang of it in moving it around and directing and we had quite a blast. Really got the tire moving. I thought it was fun but maybe I was just lucky enough to really get the hang of it.
    I agree---I really enjoyed this ride and was very surprized at Dusty's harsh negative review of this It was kind of like a soft bumper car ride. And people complaining about the wait times is just stupid--it is a new attraction so of course there will be interest and a longer wait. I waited longer in line when The Little Mermaid opened and I thought that ride was lame.. only interesting if you were under the age of five!

Just as I was getting in line for this tonight, a CM was changing the wait time on the sign from 90 minutes to 60 minutes. 70 minutes later, the ride broke down for probably a good half an hour. They finally got it running around 11:10 (10 minutes after park closing time) and we were in the second group to ride once it was operable again. I really enjoyed its uniqueness, but nearly two hours in line is too much. I definitely look forward to riding it again with a shorter line.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast