View Poll Results: Rate this attraction AND indicate the maximum time you would be willing to wait

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ***** stars (Top Rating)

10 8.70%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction **** stars (Good)

40 34.78%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction *** stars (Neutral)

25 21.74%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ** stars (Didn't Like)

20 17.39%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction * star (Lowest Rating)

17 14.78%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 0 - 15 minutes

46 40.00%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 15 - 30 minues

31 26.96%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 30 - 45 minutes

16 13.91%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 45 - 60 minutes

10 8.70%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait over 60 minutes

4 3.48%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Re: Cars Land: Luigi's Flying Tires — Information, photos and more

It looks really funny, and enjoyable when you get use to it. What could they do with the queues?, probably the main problem is the difficulty, and the many instructions that you may get to ride, maybe some screens could help it.

Did they reduce the number of beach balls? It seems like there are fewer now.

I went this past week with super low expectations and a strategy from reading the forum. Skipped the beach balls, found a tire out of the pack, and actually had a decent experience. Got it going quite well in a few directions and had a couple impacts. It can build speed, but it does take time. Wish it was about 15-30 seconds longer.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Did they reduce the number of beach balls? It seems like there are fewer now.
    I quickly eyeballed it and it seems about the same. Maybe some of the CMs took a couple out for a parade LOL. I don't know if they have a min. amount of beach balls in the arena at all times. I've seen CMs take one or two out just to pass back and forth to one another on the sidelines for fun.

Quote Originally Posted by sucho23 View Post
    I went this past week with super low expectations and a strategy from reading the forum. Skipped the beach balls, found a tire out of the pack, and actually had a decent experience. Got it going quite well in a few directions and had a couple impacts. It can build speed, but it does take time. Wish it was about 15-30 seconds longer.
    Glad you had fun at Luigi's!

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

This looks boring...

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by razza1987 View Post
    This looks boring...

It was ok with the beachballs now it just lacks a lot. The line is shorter now at least i guess that is something.

I was thinking if they ever went down the path of getting rid of the attraction maybe they could re-use the technology and have a autopia like attraction where you get in the tire and you float down the road and fly around a track. I am not sure how fast the tires can get up to but the autopia cars are what 2.5 MPH? It would be like a lazy river at a water park lol. The first obivous issue is what do do with traffic jams on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    It was ok with the beachballs now it just lacks a lot. The line is shorter now at least i guess that is something.

I was thinking if they ever went down the path of getting rid of the attraction maybe they could re-use the technology and have a autopia like attraction where you get in the tire and you float down the road and fly around a track. I am not sure how fast the tires can get up to but the autopia cars are what 2.5 MPH? It would be like a lazy river at a water park lol. The first obivous issue is what do do with traffic jams on the road.
    When I saw the original pictures without the video that is what I thought the tires were actually supposed to do lol

• Resident of the Caldera

Autopia cars run 7 miles per hour. You could never put the tires in any sort of tracked configuration because one person not understanding how to lean forward to get it moving would back up the entire ride.

I rode it for the first time a few weeks ago. There were no beachballs, but this was before they removed the 20 pound system for making the vehicles spin that was still beneath each one even though the control had been removed.

Rode three times on our trip, and each time got some good runs. What the ride offers is a unique floating feeling, but as I could tell from watching the videos, it completely lacks the buoyancy of the old saucers ride because of the weight of having two people in the vehicle, and the weight of the vehicle itself.

I'm sure WDI could have done more for the buoyancy with more powerful air compressors, but the lawyers might be responsible for the lack of bounce in the ride.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Eventhough I was in Anaheim for 6 days I never rode it. I watched the people on the ride for 15 minutes and everyone seemed bored and displeased with the ride once they got off.

So I felt it wasn't worth the 40 minutes wait.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

All Carsland and BVS threads have now been merged back into the main Disneyland Resort Forum.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

I voted neutral and that I'd wait up to 15 minutes, but I would like to say that 20 would be fine as well.

Honestly? The wait times are usually very long and the ride is very slow with minimal interaction and excitement. If you can actually get your tire to move, then it is fun, but usually it is rather easy to get stuck in one spot, which is a real bummer.

I can't help but remember that test footage with Lasseter flying around and having the time of his life and wonder, "Why didn't that come with the final product?" That's the ride I was excited to experience.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456