Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Re: Cars Land Dining Information, photos and more

Quote Originally Posted by AaronInCal View Post
    I just hope all these unique foods stay for many many years and they don't decide to go to generic theme park food to save money down the road. I still miss the criss-cut fries at Taste Pilots..
    A little off-topic, but when did Taste Pilots' Grill stop serving breakfast? I was there last week and they were serving burgers during breakfast hours. Flo's had a long line, I'm not a fan of the Pacific Wharf breakfast menu, and the pig cafe served regular Starbucks breakfast items so I decided to give the Cozy Cones a try. I was ready to try the bacon scramble cone, but then I saw that the verde scramble cone had queso fresco, which I love so I ordered that instead. I have to say it was a little disappointing. The salsa and queso are just added to the top of the cone so the first few bites were delicious, but the middle of the cone is just scrambled egg. Also, I don't think the cone itself went with the egg very well, although I imagine it is much tastier with chili. Here's an idea: how about pancake cones? Given how dead Taste Pilots' was during breakfast I wish they'd bring back the breakfast burritos and maybe even be the only counter service place to offer pancakes at DCA.

Quote Originally Posted by CritterCountryGirl View Post
    So it sounds like Flo's food is really good, but what are the portion sizes like? I like my meals kinda on the bigger side and some of the pictures I've seen make the meals look like they could be pretty small...especially the breakfast.
    As a guy that is still hungry after eating a flatbread at BPP or a skewer meal at PGG, I want to say that Flo's filled me up completely. I had the sirloin meal and shared an apple and cheddar pie with my sister. The only other counter service locations I can think of that fill me up as much as Flo's is Plaza Inn and French Market (although it depends on what you order at the French Market).

• Please pull the yellowtab

I finally got the chance to try Flo's Apple Cheddar Pie. I was very disappointed. I'm pretty sure it would have tasted amazing but I received a pie that had been sitting on the counter for awhile and then reheated. The apple filling was warm and tasty but the cheese topping had hardened and tasted like cardboard.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• Just this guy......

Finally at at Flo's this pass weekend and found the food to be really good. I'm glad that it's not just another hamburger joint.

I'm also glad with all the seating they have both indoor and outdoor.

• Sock Puppet

Ijust need to props and snaps to Micechat. The Carsland and BV St.Forum is the best!!

Eachthread geared toward Carsland information, Dining and photos and eachof the rides complete with maps and etc, that goes for the same asthe BV St. info-thread for entertainment, dining.. EVERYTHING!! andthe photos rock so nicely done! Best part is you don't need to be amember to view them. It's amazing all the work that went into doingthose threads! I am so very impressed with Micechat,

I'm very happy to see Cars Land continue to expand the wide range of dining options in the resort, beyond the standard theme park food. While I may not always like the options they provide, it's great to have QUALITY OPTIONS. WDW could learn alot from the DLR.

That being said, the only thing I tried due to long lines and picky kids was the Apple Freeze at the Cozy Cone Motel. Was not impressed. Foam didn't taste great and while I love Apple Juice/Cider, this was just a bit too much for me.

Heading to California Adventure after work! Have to try out all the new Cars Land beverages. Any favorites??

Dining at Flo's V8 Cafe TIP:

At Flo's V8 Cafe you can order the mac n' cheese from the kid's menu as a side dish. It's not written on the Lunch/Dinner menu. Just thought you guys should know. I got a serious craving of mac n' cheese while I was at DCA the other day and just asked the CM and he said no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by regphal View Post
    Heading to California Adventure after work! Have to try out all the new Cars Land beverages. Any favorites??
    I really like the milkshakes at Flo's V8 cafe. I plan on trying the other unique drinks soon.

Thanks 2ndStar2theRight! My friend got a milkshake and said it was amazing, took a sip and somehow even the simplest things are better at Disney. I found this website that had a list of all the other Cars Land drinks posted here - let me know which you try!!

I stopped in Flo's just to try the Mater's Iced Tea and when I saw it coming out of the tap then they used a generic whipped cream on top I was like darn I wasted my money...Then I took a sip I was amazed and will be stopping in for another next time I go for sure. Would love to try the Red Apples freeze too...Anyone try Doc's wild grape Tonic from Cone #5?

New souvenir Cars Land cups are now in stock when you purchase a root beer float at the Cozy Cone Motel. Also, I assume these are the same souvenir cups that Flo's V8 Cafe has been waiting on for their milkshakes.

Quote Originally Posted by my03yellowv View Post
    I stopped in Flo's just to try the Mater's Iced Tea and when I saw it coming out of the tap then they used a generic whipped cream on top I was like darn I wasted my money...Then I took a sip I was amazed and will be stopping in for another next time I go for sure. Would love to try the Red Apples freeze too...Anyone try Doc's wild grape Tonic from Cone #5?
    I really want to try all the new drinks; but Doc's Wild Grape tonic scares me. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by my03yellowv View Post
    Anyone try Doc's wild grape Tonic from Cone #5?
    Sprite with grape syrup. Very sweet. My least favorite of the cone drinks.

I like the Red Apple Freeze (the foam is almost sour). My favorite is the Pear. Love it. Basically Sprite with mojito mix syrup.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndStar2theRight View Post
    I finally got the chance to try Flo's Apple Cheddar Pie. I was very disappointed. I'm pretty sure it would have tasted amazing but I received a pie that had been sitting on the counter for awhile and then reheated. The apple filling was warm and tasty but the cheese topping had hardened and tasted like cardboard.
    Thank goodness! I thought I was the only one!

I am not picky about food. Seriously. a night out to eat for me usually consists of a cup o noodles at the 7 eleven. I'm not hard to please.

but this was easily the worst thing I have eaten in years. I was horrified. The cheese looked like something out of a spray can, and it was chewy, like gum. the crust was hard as a rock, and the apple filling had no taste at all. I'm still having nightmares.

I'm not turned off by Flo's completely, of course. I'm sure I'll go back and try something of the non-dessert variety. Or just order a soda and cop a squat outside.

The Cheddar Apple Pie was passable, as the shredded cheese on top wasn't very fresh. I was hoping they were going to put a slice of cheese on top.

Still, the portions for the turkey with the coca-cola bbq sauce was good. It was a pretty good meal overall. I just wish the Flo's V8 glasses were made of real glass, then I would have bought one.

At the Cozy cone, the dill popcorn was a bit more salty than dill, but Doc's Grape Tonic really seemed to take the edge off. I really liked the grape/Sprite mix. Red's Apple Freeze I didn't quite care for, nor Mater's iced tea at Flo's.

Yeah, I wasn't a big fan of Mater's tea either. Gold Peak green tea with the whipped fruity cream on top. If it was integrated or a frozen drink maybe but with the ice cubes in the tea it just didn't work for me.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

All Carsland and BVS threads have now been merged back into the main Disneyland Resort Forum.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234