• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Cars Land Shopping Information, photos and more

The New Disney California Adventure > Cars Land>Shopping

Here, you'll find information about the shopping available in Cars Land. This thread is a work in progress. We encourage you to check back as we add photos and reviews of the merchandise available. We also encourage you to leave your own photos and reviews below and let us know what your favorite new items are (along with price and description if you can).

[CENTER]

CLICK FOR LARGER VIEW

Radiator Springs Cruios
    Radiator Springs, "Cars" and Route 66-themed souvenirs. Automotive accessories. Pin trading and Vinylmation.

Sarge's Surplus Hut
    "Cars" toys, Cars Land logo apparel and Cars Land-themed collectibles.

Ramone's House of Body Art
    Exclusive "Champions Speed Shop" and "Low 'n' Slow Car Club" apparel lines, created specially for Cars Land. Plus, attraction merchandise as well as coffee mugs, shot glasses, car accessories and office supplies.

For more Cars Land coverage including photos, video and reviews be sure to check out
    |
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-08-2012 at 11:34 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Miss Marvel

Re: Cars Land Shopping Information, photos and more

For the annual passholder, or the person looking for UNIQUE merchandise, Ramone's is the place to be. Curios really is ideal for the pin trading/vinylmation crowd. And Sarge's Surplus is ideal for parents and their kids. It's filled mostly with toys and the like.

I would recommend going to Ramone's first if you are looking for that really special piece of merchandise to commerate your first trip to Radiator Springs.

I would recommend Sarge's Surplus if you are looking for that specific Cars toy for your collection or something for a special child in your life.

Sadly, unless you are a vinylmation or pin collector, any of the other stuff in Curio's can be found elsewhere. I would not recommend Radiator Spring's Curios.

I dropped a CHUNK of change in Ramone's and I'm POSITIVE many of you will too.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

Hi to all! Has anyone seen any new Cars diecast out at the Cars Land stores as of yet? Besides what's on the blog of course with the new RSR vehicles.. but were there a lot of Cars toys to choose from at Sarge's, and things you haven't seen in stores like Toys r Us and the like? I guess I should just wait a week, but we're so curious! My Dad really likes collecting Cars for his Grandson..

Also, love the little layout map up there! The cross road is fabulous..

(MaryAnn in Wndrlnd, I enjoy your name and picture you have going there! My daughter's name is Maryann, but I almost named her Alice. Couldn't decide. Then I remember "Now you see here, Mary Ann!" and all is good again.)
    FAT KIDS UNITE!
    (Anyone can be a Fat Kid! You love food?, you're in!)

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know.." "I know!"

Is Curios a true pin store or just a store that happens to have a lot of pins? DCA hasn't had a true pin store since PT Flea's closed. Given how busy Carsland will be this summer and how long the lines can get on new pin release days (not to mention the stampede to the pin store will be mixed in with the stampede to RSR), I don't know how great it would be to have DCA's main pin trading location here.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Is Curios a true pin store or just a store that happens to have a lot of pins? DCA hasn't had a true pin store since PT Flea's closed. Given how busy Carsland will be this summer and how long the lines can get on new pin release days (not to mention the stampede to the pin store will be mixed in with the stampede to RSR), I don't know how great it would be to have DCA's main pin trading location here.
    It's DCA's new main pin location. They even have the pin trading logo sign on the building but instead of Mickey, it had Stanley in the circle and said something to the extent of Official Radiator Springs Pin Trading.

• Miss Marvel

They are selling "Greetings from Radiator Springs" postcards that are stamped with "June 15, 2012, Grand Opening" on the back.

They want, with tax, about $4.00 per postcard. I thought that was highway robbery, or am I that outta touch? Mind you, there's no pricing on the display or on the card. I didn't know the price until I was checking out. o_O Maybe they know they're asking too much and don't want sticker shock?
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I like how each show sells different stuff. Curios got more unqiue, non Cars themed merchandise like Route 66 snowlobes and shirts. They seem to be more focused on novelty, knick knack gifts in the store...snowglobes, pins, vinyls, postcards, some shirts, car accessories. Most stuff is DCA and Cars themed. I mentioned to cashier that they should have the bumper stickers like in the movie and that are featured in theming of store and they said they've had many people request that. Hopefully soon. Adding the Radiator Springs postcard (I LOVE this and bought two) was a step in right direction. I LOVE the Radiator Springs Pin Trading sign with Stanley on it that is on the post supporting the porch.

Ramone's is all Low N Slow and Champion Speed Shop Car Clubs merchandise. Pretty unique stuff. They also have these neat 50's cars shelf things.

Sarge's is all Cars and Cars Land specific stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by MaryAnn in Wndrlnd View Post
    They are selling "Greetings from Radiator Springs" postcards that are stamped with "June 15, 2012, Grand Opening" on the back.

They want, with tax, about $4.00 per postcard. I thought that was highway robbery, or am I that outta touch? Mind you, there's no pricing on the display or on the card. I didn't know the price until I was checking out. o_O Maybe they know they're asking too much and don't want sticker shock?
    It's a commerative post card with postage cancellation. You can't mail it. They were sold during opening day; that's leftover stock.

• Miss Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    It's a commerative post card with postage cancellation. You can't mail it. They were sold during opening day; that's leftover stock.
    Well, if that's true, then the lady behind the counter lied to me. She told me that I could mail it (the cancellation/rubber stamp was UNDER the postage). So I did, from a Disneyland mailbox.

I'll have to see if my mom and sisters get their cards.

• Miss Marvel

Family got their postcards! They ARE mailable! Such a relief. Would have hated to see $12 go down the tubes.

On a more personal note, the mom and sisters loved them! Maybe it's because we are engulfed in the hype down here and don't realize how special some things are; my family thought it was so nice for me to think of them and they thought the first day stamp on it was REALLY neat. My mom said that it was nice to have a piece of Disneyland history even though they couldn't be there.

Okay. I'm over the $4 price tag. If they loved them that much, well worth the $12!

Yeah, the postcards thing was something I was hoping for as well. I found the Ornament Valley postcard at Oswald's on Buena Vista St! Picked one up, and mailed it to my Dad the next day. For some reason, a post card just seemed the coolest thing to do when visiting the Disney Mother Road!

Lizzie's definitely needed more non-Disney-character-related knick-knacks. I was hoping more for the kinds of things she was selling in the movie, including bumper stickers! There's lots of merchandising potential that the marketing people obviously didn't seem to think would sell. Plus, who wouldn't love an alarm clock like the kind Sally had in the Cozy Cone? You know, the ones with a little car popping out of its traffic cone and giving a 'beep-beep' alarm sound.

I was disappointed that the only apparel with the Cars Land logo were some hoodies, and some womens shirts tricked out with bling. I mean, no simple short-sleeves with the logo? Even so, did get the Racers t-shirt.

I did most of my shopping at Sarge's. Got the baby tractor die-cast, the mechanics set, and the music of Cars Land CD. However, when I went, I was sad to see that the 4 Racers die-cast vehicles were all gone. So...I drowned my sorrows by ordering the large Cone-shaped drink cup.

•   
      MiceChat Administrator
    • Working Late

Blog Entries

All Carsland and BVS threads have now been merged back into the main Disneyland Resort Forum.