View Poll Results: Rate this attraction AND indicate the maximum time you would be willing to wait

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ***** stars (Top Rating)

155 72.09%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction **** stars (Good)

44 20.47%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction *** stars (Neutral)

2 0.93%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ** stars (Didn't Like)

0 0%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction * star (Lowest Rating)

0 0%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 0 - 30 minutes

21 9.77%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 30 - 60 minues

79 36.74%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 60 - 90 minutes

60 27.91%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 90 - 120 minutes

20 9.30%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait over 120 minutes

29 13.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

• 2 shots on the rocks.

Re: Cars Land: Radiator Springs Racers Information, photos and more

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.
    36 more days!!!!

---------- Post added 06-17-2012 at 11:37 AM ----------

Curious if the graffitti on the rockwork has been removed?
    Still haven't got over the fact that people can be so disrespectful and ignorant. Like I said before..sucks.

Name:  Avfm7ZqCQAALz3W.jpg
Views: 1027
Size:  73.1 KB
    Last edited by doppio; 06-17-2012 at 10:45 AM.

• Future Cast Member

The wheelchair queue is the same as the fast pass queue?

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by ChessurInWonderland View Post
    The wheelchair queue is the same as the fast pass queue?
    From what I've seen the couple of times I've been on this amazing attraction, the regular queue is large enough to accommodate wheelchairs and was on my visits (many of the DCA queues are like this). I believe wheelchairs use fast pass queue if they have the Guest Assistance Card (which happened in front of me yesterday in line). I honestly don't know too much on the difference...my friend's mom is in one and it's been my only experience with a wheelchair in park. She doesn't have the card and does have to wait in regular queues in line is wide enough to accommodate the chairs.

• Banned User

Been on it twice so far, once at night (opening day) and once in the day (the 16th) and loved it both times!! Amazing attraction! DCA has a HUGE hit on its hands! My only issue is yes it does go a little too fast in the dark ride scenes but same time the more you ride it the more normal it feels I think as you just become famaliar with it all. In fact I thought Star Tours 2 originally felt too fast, now it feels just right riding it multiple times!

I love the outdoor race! I think they got it JUST right! Its NOT super fast, but its fast enough where you do get a great thrill especially the curves, dips and racing side by side!

And as someone who been on Test Track, Journey to the Center of the Earth and now this, the technology does seem to improve with every interation! This is nothing like TT other than the fact it takes place in cars and speeds at the end. The experience themselves are night and day!

Really enjoyed this ride. slightly dissapointed at how short the racing portion is though

Totally agree with you Dusty! This ride is awesome!!! Michelle and I went on Saturday and Sunday....wait times were 3 and 4 hours....we waited until they opened up the single rider line and only waited 45-50 minutes! And we still ended up in the same car both times...my only complaint? I personally would of liked a tad more race time!! Cars Land as a whole is just beautiful---especially at night with all the neon lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Wow, wow, wow! Imagineering really created something special with this attraction! Beautiful, detailed, great technology, wonderful music, animatronics which are inspired, and even a high speed finish.

This iPhone video is really just a tease. While it makes the attraction look fun, it is just a taste of the awesomeness that is RSR:

RSR is one of those rides that grew on me the more times I rode it. The first time, I was a bit underwhelmed and disappointed. The dark ride portion was amazing, the animatronics were incredible, but the racing portion was extremely short and it felt like I was driving around in my Mustang. I think a little something they could do to improve the race scene is have either car pull ahead for a stretch and have the trailing car roar up to neck and neck instead of having it that way for nearly the entire race. Otherwise, a great ride. Especially at night. With that said, I enjoyed Transformers more.
    Learn How To Lose Fat Without Dieting Ever Again! --> http://www.theantidietsecrets.com

I enjoyed it quite a bit but did anyone else have a hard time seeing through the windshield? I sat in the front left seat and ended up trying to look around/over the windshield the whole time because the view through it was very blurry. My wife rode separately and also felt this way, so I don't think I just happened to get a dirty windshield. It almost seemed to me as if there was some sort of pattern in the glass (or "glass") that didn't allow for clear viewing at the angle it's positioned.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Going tomorrow morning! But one question! Is it better to sit in the front or back? (sorry if the question has been asked already, trying to avoid spoilers!)

I was also expecting more. I thought a few of the character's voices were too low, the racing a little too slow and the whole thing was a little rushed. These are all minor complaints though, don't get me wrong.

I waited in line for 3.5 hours and could see myself waiting an hour or so for future rides, but I'm a spoiled AP

Has anyone made an updated ride layout map for RCR that shows where the various show elements are?

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Going tomorrow morning! But one question! Is it better to sit in the front or back? (sorry if the question has been asked already, trying to avoid spoilers!)
    It's best to sit in the back -- especially if you like to record on-ride videos. When you sit in the front row, the windshield's height and the eyes printed on it obstructs your view of the AAs/special effects. But really, there is no bad seat in the vehicle.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Mini Trip Report with RSR review (didn't know where else to put it, haha):

Arrived at the park at 8:45 AM. Parking structure wasn't crowded at all. Parked on the second floor with a spot maybe 20 steps away from the escalator. Never parked that close before! Instantly got on a tram and made way through the still-closed Downtown Disney. Hit DCA first ofcourse and gandered at the sights that were Buena Vista Street. BEAUTIFUL. I thought I was going to miss the old Sunshine Plaza but this is one of the best lands in DLR, PERIOD. I think I even like it more than Main Street. Something about that old Hollywood look that I think is just astonishing.

Kept going forward and saw the line for FP for RSR. Return time was for 7 PMish but I had to leave around 3, so I kept walking. I figured, "I'm here within the first hour, line should still be decent!" Made way into Carsland and stuff was already packed. Stores were packed, lines for food were packed -- just organized madness.

Something about Carsland doesn't resonate well with me. Maybe it's because I thought the first Cars was the most boring Pixar movie while Cars 2 is just a horrible movie in general -- but I don't think it's that. The place is just too BIG. That stretch of street felt forever long. Longer than Main Street even. The place is just so unreasonably big for the little they have to do there. And I hate the long stretch of road layout that branches off to the attractions. I get it's based off what we saw in the movie but this just doesn't work well for theme park design, in my opinion. How is it there's 2 MAJOR space taking attractions in Adventureland (JC and Indy), a mini show, a great sized merch store, a treehouse and an eatery in such a small footprint while Carsland is MASSIVE yet it barely contains the same amount of punch? That right off the bat I just didn't like but there was still the E-Ticket, so I wasn't going to judge the place just yet.

Or wait. Still not yet either. Line is 3 1/2 hours long. I already promised to myself if it were anything longer than 2 hours, just go with Single Rider. Kept that promise and here we go!!!! -- or not. Single Rider closed. I didn't know there were new rules with opening and closing the Single Rider line at certain intervals. Asked the CM by the entrance and they said to come back in 45 minutes. At this point, it was already 9:20ish, so we were destined to return at 10 AM.

Thought about going to Starbucks in BVS but remembered the line was MASSIVE LONG (it went down to pretty much nothing around 2 PM). All the lines to get food in Carsland were MASSIVE LONG, too (again, they all shrank down to ZERO PEOPLE IN LINE around 2 PM). So we just went to Pacific Wharf Cafe and got some breakfast. At 10, we returned to face our destiny! Single Rider still closed. WHAT THE!

Waited 10 minutes and VOILA! The chainlink... chain came down and we were let through. "We're first in, we're going to get on instantly!" ERRRRRGH! Pull the brakes. There's already a line of people waiting there, stopped just before the first bridge. I heard from this point it was about 45 minutes. Not so bad. Even if it were going to take 90 minutes, it would be way better than going into the what-now-turned-into-a-4-hour line. Time flew by rather quickly and we made it to the station. FINALLY!!! "We're now experiencing some technical difficulties." The entire queue groans. That must be the last thing you want to hear after waiting 4 hours. 15 minutes later, maintenance fixes the problem and we get on. NOTHING WILL STOP US NOW (seriously, if you're looking for irony any further, you'll be disappointed)!

I love the way all the cars take off at once and VROOM at the same time. The first part of this ride is honestly a time killer to make the ride length longer (not that I mind though, it was quite quaint). Zig zagging around some dirt and then revealing a waterfall (which everyone gasped at... I fail to see why that's so special) was pretty pointless in the scheme of things. Once we go inside the actual showroom, that's where the budget started to show! But they start things off with a dark ride trick that's been used since... well, the beginning of dark rides. Darkness then "OMG, LIGHTS, WE'RE GOING TO BE HIT!" Old trick that needs to be stopped or fun classic? A little bit of both for me. I remember that jeep in the ET Adventure at Universal would scare me EVERYTIME. This almost seemed predictable considering it's a car ride -- and they do it about FOUR times in the first half of the ride.

Unfortunately, I sat in the front row to the right and didn't get to see the full scale of things. Entire animatronics I wouldn't see until they were on the side of me. Outside, you can see through the wind sheild just fine. Inside is a very different story though. But LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS PLACE. This place is truly MASSIVE. Then I realized this is a recreation of the entire land in this ride. So basically if JUST the ride was built, Radiator Springs would've been represented and in a massive way. I now have an even bigger problem with the land I didn't even anticipate having before! It's in the park TWICE in the same spot! That's like going into the temple of Indy's queue only for your jeep to go back through the entrance of the temple, down into the bat caves, etc.. Or even worse, go through the taxi station queue to Monstropolis only to end up in a cab taking you through, again, the taxi station TO Monstropolis (I know, things got confusing there... back to the review).

I liked how it kept a decent speed throughout and would have nice surprises like stopping or lifting your car up just slightly. The story, or lack thereof, didn't do much for me though. Felt like way too simple of a ride for how massive it was. Which is why dark rides have their place in Fantasyland. Small little attractions that are quick and look inexpensive. However, this is an E-ticket dark ride and it almost seems like a waste of potential. Imagine what they could've done with this space and budget if they made a THRILL ride instead. Not the point though... and I know this sounds awfully negative so far but I promise in the end, I give it a positive grade.

Another thing I thought was weird was the size of some of the cars. They looked giant in comparison to the car we were in. I heard many reviews of how amazing the AAs were and I disagree. They were kinda simple to me. Cars with bumpers that move and pivot around on a platform. The Ursula AA was an impressive feat -- these were "eh" in comparison to how detailed and complex she is. BUT they do match the look they have in the films which is all I can ask for. Truly, this is the closest thing to living a Pixar movie at the resort. Does it make it a better ride? In my opinion, not really. Toy Story Midway Mania is twice as fun but this is certainly better than the snooze fest currently occupying the lagoon in Tomorrowland.

The race part was fun. I felt the speed was just right for it actually being an overblown dark ride with little thrills. The length was just fine too. It seemed like an even proportion of "wow, look at that" and "WHEEE!!!" Am I crazy in thinking the picture should be taken when you cross the finish line though? So all in all, it was worth the hour we waited in line. I'd be absolutely saddened if I waited 4 hours for a dark ride with a cool ending. But then again, NO RIDE is worth waiting for more than an hour, or more than 2 hours if it's brand new. The only ride that's ever matched my expectations after waiting HOURS for was Indy (4 long hours in those caves... it was worth it!). Second after that, I mistakenly waited 3 hours for Star Tours 2.0 -- the wait time said 90 minutes and we were barely going inside the extended queue building at the 90 minute mark so we figured we stay, even though we had been on the ride 3 times before -- but we were with many friends so it wasn't too bad. BACK TO MY RSR REVIEW!

But as I said, this is esentially a REALLY expensive looking dark ride. Imagine Indy just colorful, with more AAs and not bumpy. Which is essentially the Winnie the Pooh dark ride with better AAs, longer and much bigger. I wish the ride was MORE than what it is but it seems perfectly comfortable being what it is -- probably just another excuse to sell more Cars merchandise. Something about the attraction is missing some heart -- there seems to be no passion to tell its story because it doesn't have much of a story to begin with. It's very much "throw in as many Cars and familiar locations then race for thirty seconds." But am I complaining?

Yes and no. Yes for all the reasons I've listed above. No because I'm happy there's something new in the parks that's fun to ride. It's got eye candy and light thrills -- can't really hate that. It lives up to the Disney standard. I just personally don't think it was worth the money put into it or the hype being thrown into it that has people going crazy to see it and waiting 4 hours expecting the next Indy. So that's the general problem with the ride (and the land) -- it's too big for itself. If this would've JUST been RSR with no land and was labled "Cars Ride" instead of passing it off as something thrilling with the word "Racers" in it, I wouldn't have put the ride under such a microscope nitpicking the little things such as "some of the AAs seem to big in comparison to the scale of our car."

Go on it. Enjoy it. Get a Fastpass or do Single Rider if you can. And don't expect the next thrilling Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. That's all I can say!

So what else did I experience in DLR, you ask? By this time, it was 11:30 and I needed to do something quick to catch the 12 PM Instant Concert show so we did Little Mermaid, which always succeeds in being a short wait. There was maybe 30 people watching, so it felt very weird to be in this area with the fountains on and nobody caring to stop by. I figured there would be WAY more people to show up, considering people at Disneyland will show up for ANYTHING if it's on the map or on the show guide. The whole thing isn't really organized. There's nobody telling you where to stand or doing any crowd control. The show kinda just... happens. It's like a "flash-show." One second you're sitting in Paradise Park and the next, Goofy makes his way over and stands on a platform. I enjoyed the show and Goofy is VERY humerous. At the end, the fountains go WAY high and it RAINED on everyone watching. I've sat in the wet zone for WOC on four different occasions and never got that soaked. Don't know what that was about. No complaints, it was getting hot anyway. Oh wait, a complaint. It's only 5 minutes long and NOTHING else surprising happens. Oh well. I honestly don't see this lasting very long, especially considering I was there on DCAs most crowded day, smack dab in the middle of the day, and it went on with barely anybody noticing or caring to show up. If the other showings are this empty in attendance, I don't see this even lasting until the end of summer. But people should show up because its funny and kinda cute and a nice diversion.

Next up? I ran off to Matterhorn, obviously. Read there was a 90 minute wait but we figured, "let's try Single Rider again and see how it works out." Uh, VERY WELL actually. We literally walked on. In front of that entire line. It was awesome. But I felt dirty. Usually Single Rider has some line and so does FP. But we just strolled right in here.

First off, I hate the comfortability level in the new bobsleds. My feet and legs BARELY fit in that death trap and I'm only 5'8. Also, there wasn't much of a seat. We rode the Tomorrowland side to see how much of a difference the smoothness was. I sat in the middle seat in the front cart and it felt WAY smoother than it used to be. Before, I felt like I was going to die and like the train was going to derail. This felt MUCH safer but then again, the ride itself felt SLOWER in general. However, my girlfriend who was sitting behind me and who is fairly skinny, said her back was hitting the back of the seat repeatedly and that it was still rough. I don't know, maybe it just depends where you sit or how much you weigh or whatever weird things factor into this stuff.

Also, the new lighting going up the lift doesn't make much of a difference but the new lighting and sound trigger for Harold was greatly updated. He was much louder and much more surprising to see than before. I dug that and he scared me especially on his third appearance.

We traveled on to POTC and then decided to go back to DCA before it was time to leave. We got to RSR and the Single Rider line was closed again. It eventually opened but we figured it'd be about an hour and we had to leave soon, so we got out. But in that time, we decided to explore a bit more now that the merch stores and eateries were practically empty. We got some snacks at the cones, getting pretzal bites and Red's Frozen Apple drink thingy. I like the cheese for the pretzels, which is much better than the cold Ortega cheese they use now throughout the park. The bites themselves were a bit burnt looking but still chewy so I was fine with it. The drink was AMAZING though. If you like apple juice/cider and frozen drinks, this is a MUST try. Together, they both come out to $10 even.

As we were exiting, we caught the Trolley Boys show or whatever it's called. This is going to sound VERY harsh (and I feel bad saying it since I know someone in the show) but it combined everything I hate about bad musicals into less than 10 minutes. Maybe the show was longer but after Mickey's first song, I left because I couldn't take it anymore. VERY cheesy. I dislike it even more because it stops all the trolleys from running and causes parade-traffic jams. And for whatever reason, it seems like its ALWAYS on. URGH.

Ratings:
    Buena Vista Street = 10 out of 10 'A'+
    Cars Land = 6.2 out of 10 'D'-
    Radiator Springs Racers = 8.3 out of 10 'B'-
    Instant Concert = 7.0 out of 10 'C'-
    The "New" Matterhorn = STILL A CLASSIC
    Trolley Boys = UGGGGGGGGGGH

• Minion

I gave it a 5 top to bottom I love this attraction it captures the spirit of a Disney attraction in my mind. can't wait to go back!!

• Minion

RSR was such an amazing ride, I truly enjoyed it. The AA's were very fluid and the scenery was just spectacular. For the negatives, I felt that the dark ride portion needed to be longer with a few more scenes. I thought the race part was perfect though in terms of thrill and timing. Overall, I would give RSR an 9.5 out of 10 and I would be willing to wait an hour or less to ride in the future.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast