View Poll Results: Rate this attraction AND indicate the maximum time you would be willing to wait

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ***** stars (Top Rating)

155 72.09%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction **** stars (Good)

44 20.47%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction *** stars (Neutral)

2 0.93%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ** stars (Didn't Like)

0 0%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction * star (Lowest Rating)

0 0%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 0 - 30 minutes

21 9.77%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 30 - 60 minues

79 36.74%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 60 - 90 minutes

60 27.91%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 90 - 120 minutes

20 9.30%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait over 120 minutes

29 13.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Re: Cars Land: Radiator Springs Racers Information, photos and more

I really love Radiator Spring Racers. When we first heard the rides astronomical price tag I was expecting it to be a very different experience. I was expecting something where technology was thrown in your face (kinda like the new transformers ride) and it was going to be very fast paced. Instead we got something that is rooted in story telling and true disney magic! This ride is quintessential disney. It perfectly blends storytelling, amazingly impressive AAs, and light thrills that everybody in the family can enjoy! WDI did an amazing job and this shows what they can do when budget is not really an issue!

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Ratings:Buena Vista Street = 10 out of 10 'A'+Cars Land = 6.2 out of 10 'D'-Radiator Springs Racers = 8.3 out of 10 'B'-Instant Concert = 7.0 out of 10 'C'-The "New" Matterhorn = STILL A CLASSICTrolley Boys = UGGGGGGGGGGH
    Wait...you give Cars Land a D-!!! If that isn't harsh then I don't know what is. Just mindblowing

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by LandOFHappiness View Post
    Wait...you give Cars Land a D-!!! If that isn't harsh then I don't know what is. Just mindblowing
    Well I explained my reasons why in the review. I know a D- sounds bad but I just have to be completely honest. Adventureland feels like it has just the same amount of stuff to do in 20 times less the space. Carsland is just WAY too big for what seems like no good reason. I think about all the stuff we could have that space instead and it's just crazy they wasted it all on CARS. In my opinion, the RSR is a great addition to the attraction line up and that should've sufficed for everything Pixar's Cars related. Exit through the gift shop and maybe enjoy a meal but I don't see the justification in spacing everything out so much. Ofcourse, it's going to be madness the opening weeks and people need to fit, but what about after that? And if it is going to take up that much space, why do the flat rides need to be so wide? You could put 3 Dumbos in the space Maters or Luigi fills. That big space could've housed 3 or maybe even 4 E-ticket attractions instead of just 1 and 2 measly flat rides, too many merch shops and too many eateries. It's poorly designed, in my VERY HUMBLE OPINION. The more I think about it, the more I realize it's my least favorite land in both parks.

•   

Adventureland takes up 3/4 the amount of space Cars Land does, not 1/20th. The "flat rides" need to be physically large in order to have acceptable capacities, unless you want the ride itself to only last for 45 seconds. Or ditch the parts of the ride systems that make them so fun in the first place. Would you have preferred 3 more Dumbos? Minimally themed queues and spinning in a circle for a few minutes? What "E-ticket attractions" would you have placed there instead? You also listed a "great sized merch store" as a positive in Adventureland, so I'm not sure why you're saying merch space is a problem in Cars Land. What other parts of Cars Land do you think take up too much space?

Anyway, all I can say is, if this is your least favorite land in a resort that includes Mickey's Toontown, Paradise Pier, Hollywood Land, and Frontierland and Tomorrowland in their current states...well then you and I clearly have different reasons for visiting Disney theme parks!

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

I think it's the size and scope of Cars Land that make it so impressive to people...seeing the distant red rock peaks looming over the town or encompassing you as you come through the Pacific Wharf entrance. They could have just built RSR and then called it a day but I prefer the route they went...the route of total immersion. It would have been a HUGE let down to have such an impressive ride to only exit into a gift shop...that's so Star Tours. You exit RSR and you are still encapsulated in this fictional Route 66 town in the middle of the Southwestern desert. That is total immersion. You are in this world miles away from Anaheim. Imagine being able to get off Star Tours and still be in the world of Star Wars.

Cars Land is about the wide open vistas and landscapes of the desert...comparing it to Adventureland is apples and oranges. Adventureland is about creating the confines of the jungle...it needs to more closed off and secluded feeling...it's full of trees and creates a more "quaint" environment. Cars Land on the other hand is about creating the open vistas of the Southwestern deserts. It HAS to be large in order to be carried out effectively...if it wasn't large, you wouldn't get the sense that it's the desert and it come off more as Condor Flats which attempts to be a desert environment but has almost no elements, landscaping aside, that say it's the desert.

Hey my name is Alex and I just joined micechat and I'm pretty new at this I have a youtube channel dedicated to vloging at theme parks most the time. I went to cars land just recently here is the video please check it out and subscribe

I don't want too many spoilers since I've never ridden so I haven't read all of the pages. I was just wondering, if you get a fastpass, how long is that queue usually? We are getting early entry next week with our AP's so I'm wondering if we should wait in line or get fastpasses with our time.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I think it's the size and scope of Cars Land that make it so impressive to people...seeing the distant red rock peaks looming over the town or encompassing you as you come through the Pacific Wharf entrance. They could have just built RSR and then called it a day but I prefer the route they went...the route of total immersion. It would have been a HUGE let down to have such an impressive ride to only exit into a gift shop...that's so Star Tours. You exit RSR and you are still encapsulated in this fictional Route 66 town in the middle of the Southwestern desert. That is total immersion. You are in this world miles away from Anaheim. Imagine being able to get off Star Tours and still be in the world of Star Wars.

Cars Land is about the wide open vistas and landscapes of the desert...comparing it to Adventureland is apples and oranges. Adventureland is about creating the confines of the jungle...it needs to more closed off and secluded feeling...it's full of trees and creates a more "quaint" environment. Cars Land on the other hand is about creating the open vistas of the Southwestern deserts. It HAS to be large in order to be carried out effectively...if it wasn't large, you wouldn't get the sense that it's the desert and it come off more as Condor Flats which attempts to be a desert environment but has almost no elements, landscaping aside, that say it's the desert.
    So agree! Its just one bit immersive land! The only time I seen anything like this on that scale is Mysterious Island in TDS...and no surprise the guy who did the rock work for that also did it for this!

CL is on a huge scale and thats what creates the 'wow' factor for so many of us! DL has the west side of the park which combines Frontierland, NOS and Critter Country together to feel like we are somewhere else, but DCA has CL which does it in one blow! Walking through the wharf says it all. You are in another world, period.

So I went through and I watched the special features found on the blu-ray version of the first Cars movie. There was a deleted scene where Lightning runs into a car graveyard, and its in storyboard format. In the scene he almost has multiple head on collisions with these "dead" cars, which are all either in bushes or trees, and look very similar to the front of the car found at the top of the hill in RSR right after encountering Frank. I believe it could be a nod to that.

• Banned User

I never expected that some people would complain that Cars Land is too large. Remember the main complaint about Potter? The land is too small...

• Minion

Well Potter is a much bigger franchise with a much wider appeal then Cars, of course it deserves a bigger land than Cars. Cars will be forgotten in a few years, while Potter will live on like Star Wars, but hopefully not while being destroyed by its creator like Star Wars has been. There's a lot more that appeals to me in the smaller area of WWoHP than there is in the entirety of Cars Land. Cars Land looks to be one middle of the road E-Ticket with a couple of kiddy rides. WWoHP has the best ride ever combined with two great roller coasters, there is no comparison. Plus, Hogsmeade is such a better themed area than Radiator Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by brigeet View Post
    I was just wondering, if you get a fastpass, how long is that queue usually?
    I'm wondering the same thing. How long is the wait for RSR with FP?

Also, which is better seating in the RSR vehicles for seeing the AA's and effects: the front row of seats or second row?

• Just this guy......

It's weekend #3 - How are are the lines and crowds?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach View Post
    It's weekend #3 - How are are the lines and crowds?
    RSR still getting waits over 100 minutes

• Please pull the yellowtab

I've been keeping watch of RSR's stand by line all week. And each day has had a consistent 120+ minute wait.

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast