View Poll Results: Rate this attraction AND indicate the maximum time you would be willing to wait

Voters
215. You may not vote on this poll
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ***** stars (Top Rating)

155 72.09%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction **** stars (Good)

44 20.47%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction *** stars (Neutral)

2 0.93%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction ** stars (Didn't Like)

0 0%
  • Question 1: I rate this attraction * star (Lowest Rating)

0 0%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 0 - 30 minutes

21 9.77%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 30 - 60 minues

79 36.74%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 60 - 90 minutes

60 27.91%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait 90 - 120 minutes

20 9.30%
  • Question 2: I would be willing to wait over 120 minutes

29 13.49%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Cars Land: Radiator Springs Racers — Information, photos and more

The New Disney California Adventure > Cars Land > Radiator Springs Racers

The signature attraction of the new Cars Land is Radiator Springs Racers. There is no doubt this will be the hit attraction at the resort this summer and likely for years to come. This thread contains information about the attraction and will be updated throughout the week with additional photos, tips and reviews. We invite you to leave your review above and post your comments, thoughts and reviews below.

Attraction description:
    A scenic tour of Ornament Valley turns into a race for the Piston Cup as riders race through the mountain range, around Willy’s Butte and past Radiator Falls.

Attraction Stats
    Attraction storyline: Guests board cars for a scenic road trip meandering through the countryside of Ornament Valley. Guests will drive through the town of Radiator Springs, meeting Lightning McQueen, Mater, Sally, Luigi, Guido, Mack, Ramone and Doc Hudson along the way. The residents of Radiator Sprigns welcome you to the big race and help you along the way; except for Mater, who is known to recruit newcomers to participate in one of his favorite activities, tractor tipping. After a stop at Luigi’s Casa Della Tires or Ramone’s House of Body Art, guests and their cars get some final racing tips from Doc Hudson. When the race begins, racers split onto parallel tracks, zooming nose-to-nose through the desert landscape. Guests will never know who is going to win.

Ride Duration: Approximately 4 minutes.

Minimum Height Requirement:
    40 inches.

Disney's FASTPASS:
    Available. Disney's FASTPASS distribution for Radiator Springs Racer is temporarily located at the entrance to "A Bug's Land" for Cars Land's initial debut.

Single Rider Line:
    Available.

Ride Vehicles:
    Six-passenger covertable cars that come in eight colors, each with their own personality. Your ride vehicle's gender is determined by its color. Each ride vehicle will travel approximately 36,000 miles per year.

Attraction size: Covers nearly six acres, the largest attraction at Disneyland Resort.

Tips: Attraction is expected to obtain some of the longest lines in the Resort for many months or even years. We strongly suggest the use of FASTPASS (you may wish to make the FASTPASS for this attraction your first stop of the day so you don't miss out). You may also wish to take advantage of early morning magic hours offered by the Hotels of the Disneyland Resort. Please check with the concierge of your hotel for information on days and times. Annual Passholders can also register for Extra Magic Hour events running through August 2012. For more information, click here. If you are visiting Cars Land alone or if your party does not mind spliting up, Radiator Springs Racers does have a Single Rider option that can save you and your party a significant portion of time in line.

Photos:
    Click thumbnails for larger view. Photos may contain spoilers. Photos © Disney.

Complete Ride-Through Video — Contains spoilers!

For more Cars Land coverage including photos, video and reviews be sure to check out the coverage from the following columns all week long on MiceChat's front page:
    |
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-10-2012 at 12:22 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Miss Marvel

Re: Cars Land: Radiator Springs Racers — Information, photos and more

AMAZING. That's all it is. AMAZiNG from beginning to end. I will want to ride this EVERY TIME I go to the resort this summer.

If you want to multi-task, get some portable snacks from the cozy cone and eat in line. Great use of time.
    "If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise; what it is it wouldn't be, and what it wouldn't be, it would. You see? " - Alice

"If his brain's ran down, how can he talk?" - Jack Pumpkinhead
    "It happens to people all the time, Jack." - Dorothy

"It seems the words on my mug are right: 'It is hard to soar with Eagles when you work with Turkeys.'" - Sam the Eagle

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

Here are pics from our rides from Radiator Springs Racers

Initially the ride was down in the morning and guests were queued up in the outdoor switchback.

There are visual guides much like there are in a national park

Entering the archway to the ride guests are divided between regular queue, Disabled and Fastpass, and Single Rider

Along the way, signs tell the tale of how Stanely founded the town of Radiato Springs by discovering the bubbling water source among the caves.

While the queue walks us through the different structures of development of Radiator Springs. It IS detailed but guests are left to connect the dots with the history here.

And look who we ran into!

Tom Staggs and Bob Iger in the back seat.

MORE TO COME...

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 05:34 PM ----------

And now for the ride. It is wonderful.

The ride begins in the small enclave at the base of the mountain range. What was once a tourist trap ran by good ol Stanley is the beginning of your trip through Ornament Valley

The cars are just like Test Track, 2 rows of 3 seats each.

Each seat has stereo

Seatbelt check and we are good to go!

The wow moment

After entering the show building it is now night in Radiator Springs. We won't give too much away but you certainly make an entrance into the town. The sherif stops you and explains that it isn't time for the race. He hands you off to Mater who then invites you to go tractor tipping.

WHOA! Too fast!

LOOK OUT!

Look for Mater's silhouette in the moon

We enter the center of town and drive past many of the icons we recognize from our time outside the ride. But here the animatronics are alive and speak to your passing car.

After getting either painted at Ramone's Body Shop or a new set of tires at Luigi's we get ready to race.

LUIGI'S

RAMONE'S

AND YOU ARE OFF!!!

After crossing the finish line you are plunged into the beautiful Tail Light Caverns.

Just before unload, Mater and Lightning congratulate the two cars on a good race.

This ride is a lot of fun. From beginning to end it delights with great storytelling and characters. It features a very well paced scene structure that provides a beginning, a middle and an end to the attraction. While a little quick the first few times through, it does offer riders enough time to savor the scenes they are enjoying without becoming boring.

You will want to ride it over and over as it has all of the elements of a fun dark ride, while still having a few thrills to it. The animatronics are mesmerizing in their fluid movement and interaction with the car you ride in. My initial fears that it would be a little too short were quickly put to rest. I can't really find too much of a downside to this attraction aside from the queue.

I thought it was a blast.
    Last edited by Fishbulb; 06-10-2012 at 08:25 AM.
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals. ”
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Wow, wow, wow! Imagineering really created something special with this attraction! Beautiful, detailed, great technology, wonderful music, animatronics which are inspired, and even a high speed finish.

This iPhone video is really just a tease. While it makes the attraction look fun, it is just a taste of the awesomeness that is RSR:

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

This definitely became my new favorite attraction at the resort. The rockwork speaks for itself. The queue was great. Very atmospheric and detailed. The ride was amazing on every level. The music was great, especially in the beginning as you begin your tour of the Ornament Valley. The inside dark ride was way better than anything I had expected. The AA's, especially the ones with moving mouths, are fantastic and just wow. The inside is very detailed with huge show scenes which is great and I for one really loved the frantic pace inside. It's cool how it slows and speeds up inside. I only got Luigi's the two times I got to go on and that was a surprise to feel like the tires were being changed. The race...man that was fun! I couldn't stop cheering and screamin lol. It's so fun being in a side by side race and it has GREAT thrill...the accelerations, dips, and curves all add up perfectly and my first and second ride felt different on the race with the second one being a pit faster with more acceleration "punch". This ride is a full experience that is Disney on every level and really is awesome. Like I said, my new favorite attraction at the resort. I love it!

•     
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Orbital Pluto

Loved it, inside and out. If you are thinking, Test Track, get that thought out of your mind. The only thing RSR shares with the Florida ride, is the vehicles. This ride has heart and lots of fun interactions with the Cars characters. The slower portions of the outdoor areas are drop dead gorgeous with a musical score to match, and the race is the cherry on top! This will be a must-ride every time we are at the resort.
    "Not Carnegie, Vanderbilt, and Astor together could have
    raised money enough to buy a quarter share in my little dog."

— Ernest Thompson Seton

How many Maters are there after the sherif stopped you? It seems suspicious Mater disappear into the bushes briefly and reappear on the other side.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    How many Maters are there after the sherif stopped you? It seems suspicious Mater disappear into the bushes briefly and reappear on the other side.
    he's on a track, he backed up to go behind the bushes and the same one reappeared on the other side

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    This is an illusion. While it appears that there is just one Mater, there are actually two. The first one backs into the bush, and the 2nd one backs out of it. It allows for quicker scene reset and more cars on the track.
    Find us on Facebook:

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

And no what is awesome about that part, I noticed they make the bush leaves shake next to the car to really give the illusion that Mater is moving through the bushes.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

I think this attraction, as well as all of Carsland, is what happens when they don't cut any corners. From start to finish you can't help but be amazed by the theme and story telling of this attraction. It isn't rushed and the other thing that struck me was how smooth it was. I call this a once in a decade type of attraction because it's going to be a while before we see one this well done.

It seems that Iger and Staggs have rode this attraction multiple times so I hope that they see what type of product they can get with a good amount of money and great minds behind an idea.

When it comes to theme, thrills, story and innovation I'd have to say this one of the top (if not the best) attractions in DLR. Bravo and a great addition to the resort.
    Last edited by hollywood1939; 06-10-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• 1000th Happy Haunt

Can't wait to go on this when I go down for the Summer

Wow!!!! This looks crazy awesome!!!

Can't wait; I'll be there on Saturday!

I can't wait for my trip in August!!
    DL Trips: '86, '87, '88, '89, '91, '92, '93, '94, '95, '96, '97, '98, '99, '00, '01, '02, '03, '04, '05, '06, '07, '08, '09, '10, '11, '12, '13...

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hollywood1939 View Post
    I think this attractions, as well as all of Carsland, is what happens when they don't cut any corners. From start to finish you can't help but be amazed by the theme and story telling of this attraction. It isn't rushed and the other thing that struck me was how smooth it was. I call this a once in a decade type of attraction because it's going to be a while before we see one this well done.

It seems that Iger and Staggs have rode this attraction multiple times so I hope that they see what type of product they can get with a good amount of money and great minds behind an idea.

When it comes to theme, thrills, story and innovation I'd have to say this one of the top (if not the best) attractions in DLR. Bravo and a great addition to the resort.
    I mostly agree with you, Cars Land is stunning and should be a "Must See" this summer for everyone. But I think it's hard to justify that no corners were cut. The queues are all minimal, the sit down drive in movie restaurant was cut, and the land has just 3 attractions. I think that just one additional Fantasyland style simple dark ride would have been a much welcome addition. RSR is certainly one of the best attractions in the resort, but Mater's and Luigi's are minor rides that can easily be skipped.

Overall, Cars Land is a smash success that Disney and the fans can be proud of. Just seeing the main street in town and the mountain range is an attraction in itself. It is no Wizarding World, but it is the best thing to hit the Disneyland Resort in a very long time. Much to be excited about. I can't wait to go back and see it all again!
    Find us on Facebook:

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast