Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Re: DCA Improvements - Sunshine Plaza

Dca might not be, but the ca letters are, and a great photo op

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by Evan-500
    Dca might not be, but the ca letters are, and a great photo op
    I agree, I think the CALIFORNIA letters are one of the only "right" things about the entry to the park. I just wish they were a bit more stylized or inviting intstead of the dull gold tilework on them.

Regardless, I can't wait to see the construction walls go up in a next couple weeks... As nerdy as it may be to be excited about this, I can't help it - I live for this stuff !

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

^ I'm the same way! I love construction and things changing!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Actually the mosaic mountains and the Golden Gate Bridge are not that bad, there just needs to be some fountain and lush landscaping in the entry plaza to make it more inviting.

Forgive me if this has already been suggested

Simply move the CALIFORNIA letters into the park (DCA). That way we keep the letters, but guests have to pay full admission to climb and pose on them

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

lol...yea...put them into the Black dyed waters of paradice pier....or maybe that sunk in viewing area over there...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Regardless, I can't wait to see the construction walls go up in a next couple weeks... As nerdy as it may be to be excited about this, I can't help it - I live for this stuff !
    Woop! Woop! That is what I say...I can't wait to see work start and see them TEAR IT UP!

I agree, however, that the entrance needs landscaping. It looks so bare right now. It also needs to be built up a little more. The entrance is so flat, you would hardly know it's there. Disneyland however, has the train station built up so you can see it as well as the grass and flowers in front that invite you as you come closer. DCA just has big CALIFORNIA letters, some palm trees, plain, ugly, blue stucko buildings and a cheesy version of the Golden Gate bridge. You can also get a good view of sights in the park as well. I mean, you can slightly see the backside of Grizzly Peak, clearly the Soarin' building as well as the Millionare building right from the entrance.

As for the letters, put them behind Screamin' along Katella Avenue so people have an idea what is behind those green fences.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I think that a bunch of palm trees, banana trees and other lush tropical plants surrounding a rock waterfall fountain feature would work with the existing Golden Gate and mosaic mountains. However it sounds like Al is telling us the Golden Gate is going bye bye.

• șoș Tom șoș

^ I like the above idea, real plants always wins out in my mind!

I've been thinking the entire gate structure needs to come forward so that the entry plaza can be expanded to have larger berms that block the line of sight to the surrounding buildings.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

It is always a risk to talk about Disney rumors. The company changes ideas as designers and Managers move up and down their ladders of influence. However, here are some very interesting ideas that looked promising prior to the PIXAR buyout. Anything is on the table now. Expect a new Disney/PIXAR ride to have a larger budget as well.

- The parking lot behind Tower of Terror will soon close to make expansion room for a new PIXAR E Ticket attraction. Since the closing of this lot makes the Lion King loading area obsolete, room is now available for a Rock 'N Rollercoaster near Hollywood and Dine.
    - The Park will likely be re-themed (including name, perhaps something to do with Disney's America). It seems very likely that the park will eventually lose its letters. Although, I'm interested to see if the PIXAR folks might not want to make this a Disney Pixar Studios park.
    - The Esplanade is likely to get a fountain in place of the compass between the two parks as well as gardens and trees.
    - Much debate is going out about Paridise Pier. Most of the rides on the Route 66 side of PP are removable and easily sold. The removal phase could be completed quickly if so decided upon.

That's all I know for now. But from the folks that have sent info and have popped into meets to say hi, I hear that almost nothing is off the table. There is a huge commitment to make this park a critical and financial success.

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Dusty can you goose Al to give us another DCA update on Monday? Hehehe

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

He usually updates on Tuesday mornings. I think everyone is waiting to see how the dust settles on the Pixar news. There is so much left to learn about the changing of the guard and what plans will be revised or thrown out.

I suspect that every Imagineer with an idea is back in pitch mode. These could be VERY interesting times. Especially for DCA. Everything old it new again
    Find us on Facebook:

• The one, the only...

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    It is always a risk to talk about Disney rumors. The company changes ideas as designers and Managers move up and down their ladders of influence. However, here are some very interesting ideas that looked promising prior to the PIXAR buyout. Anything is on the table now. Expect a new Disney/PIXAR ride to have a larger budget as well.

- The parking lot behind Tower of Terror will soon close to make expansion room for a new PIXAR E Ticket attraction. Since the closing of this lot makes the Lion King loading area obsolete, room is now available for a Rock 'N Roller-coaster near Hollywood and Dine.
    - The Park will likely be re-themed (including name, perhaps something to do with Disney's America). It seems very likely that the park will eventually lose its letters. Although, I'm interested to see if the PIXAR folks might not want to make this a Disney Pixar Studios park.
    - The Esplanade is likely to get a fountain in place of the compass between the two parks as well as gardens and trees.
    - Much debate is going out about Paridise Pier. Most of the rides on the Route 66 side of PP are removable and easily sold. The removal phase could be completed quickly if so decided upon.

That's all I know for now. But from the folks that have sent info and have popped into meets to say hi, I hear that almost nothing is off the table. There is a huge commitment to make this park a critical and financial success.

-Dusty
    I think that the info is WONDERFUL! I believe that with work DCA can be a success! I can't wait to see used DCA rides on ebay! I love Rockin' Roller Coaster and always felt is was a perfect fit for a California theme. But now no California... Oh Well, it still is a great ride. I hope that they carry through with a "different time or different place" concept. Disney's America could be just a bland if there just weak imitations of things in the real world. I have hope though. Lasseter lives!
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

One question though, do we need the Lion King Tram loading area for a future tram to a Lion King Garage and Third theme park?

I know, I know, it'll be a cold day in Anaheim before they build a third park when the second park has so many many problems. But Eisner would never let that distant dream fade, he was stubborn that way.

I hope the new management doesn't sell the Stawberry Farm.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    One question though, do we need the Lion King Tram loading area for a future tram to a Lion King Garage and Third theme park?

I know, I know, it'll be a cold day in Anaheim before they build a third park when the second park has so many many problems. But Eisner would never let that distant dream fade, he was stubborn that way.

I hope the new management doesn't sell the Strawberry Farm.
    I see a far different plan for the 3rd park. The thought is that Florida has reached its max size for now. That leaves Disneyland as a growth opportunity. However, DCA is a stumbling block for those plans. That is why they are pushing so hard to fix this park.

As for the strawberry fields. I just have a feeling that Disney is going to try to swap the strawberry fields for the Point Anaheim land. This would make it much easier to make a connection to the expansion area. You can thank the new interpretation of Eminent Domain for that.
    Find us on Facebook:

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast