Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5121314151617 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Cool Re: DCA Improvements - Sunshine Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey

Anyways, I really should go see Golden Dreams again. I havent seen it since the park opened. Last time I was at DCA it wasn't even open.

Am I the only one who likes this movie? It's the only thing original in all of D.C.A.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

Re: DCA Improvements - Sunshine Plaza

Someone said that was on temporary hold, until the
    new head of Imagineering can review it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Am I the only one who likes this movie? It's the only thing original in all of D.C.A.
    No, "Golden Dreams" is one of the few true Disney attractions at the new park. Most of the people who complain about the presentation just do not understand the identity of the immortal Amazonian goddess, Queen Califia.

A pre-show (preferably with animatronics and innovative effects) explaining the relationship between California and the novel, The Exploits of Esplandian, would solve most of this problem.

The scene with the Chinese laborers needs to be reinstated. Weather-protection and seating needs to be added to the pre-show area. The exterior needs to be made more attractive; better signage and a countdown clock would help in this regard. And, finally, a name change is in order so that Walt Disney becomes more the central figure of the new park.

Taking the chorus of the theme song as inspiration, I would suggest something on the order of: "One Dream: The Dream of California". And, I would reconfigure the finale montage so that footage of Walt Disney appears whenever the chorus repeats the phrase, "one dream".

The venue itself deserves a name, like "The Palace of Queen Califia", and the area where the Christmas tree was positioned should have a coordinating name, such as "The Court of Queen Califia". A monumental statue depicting the goddess ruler would also be appropriate here since this space serves as the main juncture in the park's circle-eight layout.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist
    No, "Golden Dreams" is one of the few true Disney attractions at the new park. Most of the people who complain about the presentation just do not understand the identity of the immortal Amazonian goddess, Queen Califia.

A pre-show (preferably with animatronics and innovative effects) explaining the relationship between California and the novel, The Exploits of Esplandian, would solve most of this problem.

The scene with the Chinese laborers needs to be reinstated. Weather-protection and seating needs to be added to the pre-show area. The exterior needs to be made more attractive; better signage and a countdown clock would help in this regard. And, finally, a name change is in order so that Walt Disney becomes more the central figure of the new park.

Taking the chorus of the theme song as inspiration, I would suggest something on the order of: "One Dream: The Dream of California". And, I would reconfigure the finale montage so that footage of Walt Disney appears whenever the chorus repeats the phrase, "one dream".

The venue itself deserves a name, like "The Palace of Queen Califia", and the area where the Christmas tree was positioned should have a coordinating name, such as "The Court of Queen Califia". A monumental statue depicting the goddess ruler would also be appropriate here since this space serves as the main juncture in the park's circle-eight layout.
    Your ideas are truly great and would empasise "California" inside of Californa Adventure (imagine that!). However, if much redsigining and re-themeing, and re-hyping would be created about this attraction with a name change, monument, venue re-naming, etc. I would seriously want some upgrades to the show itself. In its current form, its simply a movie. I'd like to see an expansion of it into an American Adventure style attraction, or at least some in-theater special effects. Of course, no hokey "4D" effects like spraying water or poking seats, but some classy effects that get you into the show rather than just a movie.

Also, I like your name suggestion however, having "dream" twice in the name just isnt a good idea. Its redundant and sounds weird.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Point blank: Theming a park after THE STATE IT IS IN was a horrible idea. Sucks for those who live here and visit (we see it everyday). Sucks for out of town visitors (they are here to see the real thing).

Disney once was ahead of everyone in creativity and imagination. Time to try that again. Just might work out.

Entrance is boring - mini mall quality
    Fountain - no big deal, blahh
    Hollywood area - uninspired
    Lake - why? waste of space as is
    Bugs Life area - average rides at best
    Whoopie Goldberg - blahh
    Carnival games - ???? Make them free, well even then blahh
    etc...

That said, I do like the casual feel of the park, Soarin', and a few other things.

Start subtle retheme
    Bring back Country Bear Jamboree to DCA
    Replace Whoopie with new/old version of America Sings
    Replace carnival games with creative, one of a kind shops
    Point out to those about to enter DL: "We don't have anything in DCA as crappy as Innoventions"

I could say more, but my head hurts...

• No Longer The Candidate

The scene with the Chinese laborers needs to be reinstated.
    I haven't seen the movie in a couple of years and can't believe that this scene has been removed. That is like editing Bambi so the mother isn't shot. By showing the sacrifices that were made in creating this state, it made the movie something special instead of something that was just meant to make you feel good.

• șoș Tom șoș

The scene with the Chinese laborers needs to be reinstated.
    What are you talking about?!? I saw this like a month or two ago and its still the same cut as when it opened, including the Chinese laborers. I applaud Disney for doing something historic where they didn't suger coat it, this is by an excellent film even with Whoopie's presense.

Yes, the Chinese laborers scene is still in.

However, I think that maybe they should change the what seems to be a 10 minute ending collage of people, and instead like the "Disneyland:The First 50 years", have the pictures (or clips) of people fall into place which would be the flag of California. It seems that it runs a little long with the current ending.

I should have said that the original scene needs to be reinstated.

When the park first opened, the scene showed the explosion, and it gave the entire presentation a different tone.

• No Longer The Candidate

I think that the explosion was always implied.

• For You!

It's amazing how much you people are negative about things! First, I love the letters, my son has had his picture taken in the A every year. (his name starts with an A). Also, i love the bridge and the sunshine plaza. It's a great place to see characters and much easier to access them. I think the park is so neat, and it is such a contrast from DLR. I don't think it was poorly designed. Maybe you all just get to go to the park to often, and don't appreciate it for what it is. For those of us that only get to go once a year or less, I, for one, don't take any of it for granted.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Most of the people who complain about the presentation just do not understand the identity of the immortal Amazonian goddess, Queen Califia.
    Yes but does anything about Whoopie Goldberg scream Amazonian Goddess? Especially since in the legend Amazonians were supposed to be tall strong and strikingly beautiful...I don't see Whoopie as what I'd call an Oscar winning casting decision.

back to sunshine plaza...i think they should change the whole sun thing. it looks kinda tacky. plus they need way more carts on the island

• For You!

Socal - you said these things...

Entrance is boring - mini mall quality
    Fountain - no big deal, blahh
    Hollywood area - uninspired
    Lake - why? waste of space as is
    Bugs Life area - average rides at best
    Whoopie Goldberg - blahh
    Carnival games - ???? Make them free, well even then blahh
    etc...

Love the entrance - Fun and welcoming - love the Sunshine. running water anywhere is always nice.

Without the lake - there would be no Grizzly River Run.

Bug's Life - my kids love it. it's just for them. Especially the splash area.

The carnival games are fun - but yes, overpriced - but isn't everything at DCA and DLR?

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Wink Re: DCA Improvements - Sunshine Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by socal05
    Point blank: Theming a park after THE STATE IT IS IN was a horrible idea. Sucks for those who live here and visit (we see it everyday). Sucks for out of town visitors (they are here to see the real thing)...

Point out to those about to enter DL: "We don't have anything in DCA as crappy as Innoventions"

I could say more, but my head hurts...

OOH Great Idea ! ! !

Move Innoventions to DCA.