Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617

Re: DCA Improvements - Sunshine Plaza

Quote Originally Posted by Snakus
    The Entrance is a big problem - people see it and they don't want to go in.

Guest A: "I know what Disney is up to! I don't want to go look at fake California Landmarks when I can just go look at some real ones!"

Point being: people look at the entrance to DCA and feel like there being suckered even before they set foot in the park. - Start at the front, and you'll get more people through the gate. Disney can do better than a funny looking Golden Gate Bridge.

Just MHO, of course.
    You've got a point there. I remember visiting an amusement park in Shen-zen China where they had a fake Golden Gate bridge that was much more elaborate and better done than the one at DCA.

Although, the front entrance of DCA looks like a bad facade on a carnival ride, money and effort on more compelling rides would be a faster way to get people into the park. The long lines at Monsters, Inc. demonstrate this point. People aren't in the Hollywood Backlot area because they remolded it. If they could have used the Peter Pan ride system and more audio animatronics, etc on Monsters, the crowds for this ride would be massive. Wasting money on all the placemaking plus fixing the front entrance won't bring people in.

It's great to have atmosphere, but there are some serious problems with the rides and attractions that they put into DCA. The great rides like California Scream'n and Grizzly River Rapids are lost in a sea of mediocracy.

• Needs the smell of summer

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDisneyDad
    You've got a point there. I remember visiting an amusement park in Shen-zen China where they had a fake Golden Gate bridge that was much more elaborate and better done than the one at DCA.

Although, the front entrance of DCA looks like a bad facade on a carnival ride, money and effort on more compelling rides would be a faster way to get people into the park. The long lines at Monsters, Inc. demonstrate this point. People aren't in the Hollywood Backlot area because they remolded it. If they could have used the Peter Pan ride system and more audio animatronics, etc on Monsters, the crowds for this ride would be massive. Wasting money on all the placemaking plus fixing the front entrance won't bring people in.

It's great to have atmosphere, but there are some serious problems with the rides and attractions that they put into DCA. The great rides like California Scream'n and Grizzly River Rapids are lost in a sea of mediocracy.
    If I am not riding one of the three (maybe three and a half - and I havn't ridden monster's yet) good rides at DCA, I don't want to be there. Your right when you say:
    ...there are some serious problems with the rides and attractions that they put into DCA. The great rides like California Scream'n and Grizzly River Rapids are lost in a sea of mediocracy.
    ..but atmosphere is what a Disney park is about! I, personally, could go to Disneyland all day without riding a single ride. That is not true for DCA. Another E-ticket isn't really going to put Disney where they want to be with DCA. They need to turn it into a place where people want to be. I would only going to spend maybe 15 more minutes at DCA than I already do if they added another good ride.

• Banned User

Well in ways, I really enjoy the California theme a lot- the park does have a LOT more potential and it even has room to do so! Some of the rides I have heard of from mice chat for DCA sound amazing!

oh sorry, lol back to the entrance...

• Banned User

^And to add, I think DCA needs more benches, trees, buildings, and trashcans- lol yeah, check how many Disneyland has next time and you'll notice why it's so clean and pretty...trees can ADD A LOT of theme, magic, and charm.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They need a land based on SeaWorld and a land based on the San Diego Zoo. It's already got Knott's and Universal areas nailed.

• Lowering Expectations

^ You forgot Six Flags! *cough* PP *cough*
    Follow news-savvy @DLtoday on Twitter by clicking on the banner below:

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 714151617