Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• MiceChat Moderator
    • It's SisterP Time!

Blog Entries

Re: New Year's Eve Schedule:

Happy New Year's Anders!! Glad ya'll had such a great evening!

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Ooh, I wanna see vids of DCA's and DL's Excitement!

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• done

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    They did however at one point today restrict single-day and non-Resort Hotel multi-day tickets from access into Disneyland.
    That surprises me as the park never seemed busy enough for that to happen.

A friend got to Disneyland around 7:30pm and had no problem getting in.

• Captain Hooks 2nd Mate...

New Years at DL was amazing!!! my 3rd!!! a good time was had by all...

note to anyone who works at Disneyland... push the hat and horn distribution back to 9 o'clock like it was last year... giving them out that early was a BAD IDEA!!!
    least reputation points on MiceChat!!!

• done

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatUter
    note to anyone who works at Disneyland... push the hat and horn distribution back to 9 o'clock like it was last year... giving them out that early was a BAD IDEA!!!
    Actually, I disagree. I think passing them out early is a good idea. By 9pm, many people are already in position waiting for the fireworks, and then after that, many people are watching Fantasmic or staking out their spots for midnight. They then have to go and get hats and horns at that point? We liked getting them early so we wouldn't have to concern ourselves with going and getting them later.

• Captain Hooks 2nd Mate...

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    Actually, I disagree. I think passing them out early is a good idea. By 9pm, many people are already in position waiting for the fireworks, and then after that, many people are watching Fantasmic or staking out their spots for midnight. They then have to go and get hats and horns at that point? We liked getting them early so we wouldn't have to concern ourselves with going and getting them later.
    the only problem is the horns really get annoying, to both guests and cast members... we were in line for Casey Jr and the cast members were complaining about how they had to listen to the horns for the next 7 hours... not fair for them...
    least reputation points on MiceChat!!!

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Quote Originally Posted by cstephens
    That surprises me as the park never seemed busy enough for that to happen.

A friend got to Disneyland around 7:30pm and had no problem getting in.
    Uhhh... notice I said "at one point today". I also posted that they lifted the restricted access and I believe I posted that at around... 5:30pm-ish.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• done

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatUter
    the only problem is the horns really get annoying, to both guests and cast members... we were in line for Casey Jr and the cast members were complaining about how they had to listen to the horns for the next 7 hours... not fair for them...
    Well, fair really isn't the issue, I think. CMs have to put up with a lot as part of their job, but it's also their job. Yeah, it can be annoying - there were some people by us when we were in Fantasyland where they weren't just blowing their horns but blowing into them as hard and for as long as they could. But having the horns available at all is going to be annoying for someone, so the only other choice is not to have them, but then others will complain about not getting any.

It's one night a year.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnt Toast
    Uhhh... notice I said "at one point today". I also posted that they lifted the restricted access and I believe I posted that at around... 5:30pm-ish.
    And notice I said that the park never seemed busy enough ("at any point" would be implied, at least as far as I see) for them to have any kind of restriction. Maybe they decided to impose the restrictions earlier than normal, or maybe the throngs of people all just happened to be where I wasn't. I posted my experience, so I don't see where the dispute is.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123