• Banned User

12/29 DL hits capacity at 11:00

Yep I was on my way out the door when my friends called me from Disneyland and said the gates had been shut at around 11:00 and even the parking garage had been filled up. I thought I could go anyway to DCA to ride Monsters and Screamin' but if the parking was a mess as well, forget it.

• Waiting 4 DCA Demolition

Re: 12/29 DL hits capacity at 11:00

Wow, I almost went today too, and I was gonna pay the $30.00 fee, glad I didn't end up going.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

• Man O Lantern

Wow. We were there last year this week and the weather was bad, so Disneyland was dead, especially Wednesday. That was our best day....we walked on many of the rides...we'd been so ready for un-manageable crowds that we were pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the week.

But...man....11 a.m. That's craziness. Glad I'm not there this year! Hope you're able to go another day soon and enjoy.

• Wonderful World

wow that sux my friend is there right now I wonder if he got in
    I'm back MiceChat

• :)

Yea my sister just called me from the park and said it was crazy...HMM..RAIN PLEASE RAIN

I had actually heard 10:30 was when ticket sales were stopped. I got there at 5pm and all signs said that Disneyland was full, so we went to DCA first, and were able to get into DL by 7:30 with no problem.

• ...TWO BITS!

A friend of mine said he arrived at the parking lot around 7:30AM that day (12-29-05) He went that day cause he was going to go on New Year's Eve. I told him it was gonna be crowded. More crowded because of the 50th. Tickets have been denied and the park reached capacity before. I have him all the warnings, yet he decided to go on the 29th instead because of the rain storms on New Year's. He saw the electronic sign saying Disneyland is busy and to plan their day. They were given the handout about tips about Disneyland being busy. He just thought it was going to just be busy. That there was no warning tickets would be sold out. He didn't have that in his head. Then he waited an hour for tickets and they said they were sold out. He was really upset and kept saying how Disney is evil. He saw a single mom with her 3 kids trying to get in Disneyland. When they couldn't give her tickets, she cried for 30 minutes. They're from the east coast and their plane leaves tomorrow. The ticket booth attendent continously suggested to visit DCA. They mom, still upset, agreed. My friend says they pushed her to buy DCA tickets. I don't believe that. Then my friend went on saying how Disney didn't tell the hundreds of other people that Disneyland tickets would be selling out. I told him before to get tickets earlier. Don't try to buy them at or past the opening hour.

Just goes to show you need to plan better. Phone ahead to see if there are any special events coming. And if tickets are still avaliable.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I flew into Anaheim this same week and saw for ourselves that Disneyland was, indeed, very crowded for our entire time there.

ORGOCH: Well, ain't I the one who went 'n told ya's we shoulda left Orwen at home?! She makes a place look crowded all on her own!

ORWEN: I heard that old biddy!! And I'm going to cast a spell to make you have to visit DCA 100 times this New Year of 2006! That ought to teach you a lesson or two about what happens to sisters with bad manners!

ORDDU: Actually, it seems there may be hope for DCA, yet! The new Monsters Inc. ride is just one baby step in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    A friend of mine said he arrived at the parking lot around 7:30AM that day (12-29-05) He went that day cause he was going to go on New Year's Eve. I told him it was gonna be crowded. More crowded because of the 50th. Tickets have been denied and the park reached capacity before. I have him all the warnings, yet he decided to go on the 29th instead because of the rain storms on New Year's. He saw the electronic sign saying Disneyland is busy and to plan their day. They were given the handout about tips about Disneyland being busy. He just thought it was going to just be busy. That there was no warning tickets would be sold out. He didn't have that in his head. Then he waited an hour for tickets and they said they were sold out. He was really upset and kept saying how Disney is evil. He saw a single mom with her 3 kids trying to get in Disneyland. When they couldn't give her tickets, she cried for 30 minutes. They're from the east coast and their plane leaves tomorrow. The ticket booth attendent continously suggested to visit DCA. They mom, still upset, agreed. My friend says they pushed her to buy DCA tickets. I don't believe that. Then my friend went on saying how Disney didn't tell the hundreds of other people that Disneyland tickets would be selling out. I told him before to get tickets earlier. Don't try to buy them at or past the opening hour.

Just goes to show you need to plan better. Phone ahead to see if there are any special events coming. And if tickets are still avaliable.
    Your friend did not get there at 7:30 AM. My girlfriend and I arrived in the parking lot around 9ish, waited forever for a tram (parked in Timon), waded through the 9/11 search tents, then stood in a 10 minute line for tickets. The lines to get in were not too bad, except our ticket machine broke when we were 4 people away and instead of doing damage control, we sat there for another 15 minutes waiting and afraid to get in another line in fear that the machine be fixed after we leave.

Anyway, we left the park around 12:30 for DCA and asked the lady stamping hands if we would be able to get back into the park and she told us that the park wasn't to capacity and it should be fine. So I'm dubious to people whose friends claimed the park was full at 11 or at 7:30 considering I was there that day and while the park was extremely crowded, we never saw anyone being turned away, even when we came back from DCA at 8.

• Mmm....Codfish

I was there that day

I wasnt planning on going to disneyland anyway but i saw the sign that said it full.