Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Say no to screens

Re: Trip Report - Buena Vista Street and CarsLand & Photos from Radiator Springs Race

Thanks

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Re: Trip Report - Buena Vista Street and CarsLand & Photos from Radiator Springs Race

Quote Originally Posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
    Any POV of RSR will likely be pulled by Disney as soon as they get word. It's worth just waiting until the 15th.
    Maybe....but after it gets up once...thats ALL it takes....then people like me could download the video....get pictures, music...and of course the video and re upload it by then the people who want to know what the ride will be like will know.....

It sucks but really its a battle they will lose if someone puts a video up

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Dirton View Post
    It's amazing when money isn't the overall dictator what disney is able to accomplish. I hope this sets the bar for future resort expansions especially tomorrowland and hopefully the long awaited frontierland expansions.
    I've often said that budget and will are the only limiting factors.
    When the WDC feels the need, they pull out all the stops, and they have the talented people in place to create something amazing. When they decide to be cheap, they tie the hands of the Imagineers, and they disappoint all of us. It's a shame that they can't be bothered to reach for greatness every time, especially considering that they have the vast resources to do so...and they would benefit the most by creating amazing attractions rather than mediocrities. It seems that they make a decision based on the most cynical, sharp pencil calculation, rather than out of a sense of pride and desire to be the best.

Let's hope Universal keeps pushing Disney; God help us theme park fans if they sink into bloated complacency again...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfann121 View Post
    I've often said that budget and will are the only limiting factors.
    When the WDC feels the need, they pull out all the stops, and they have the talented people in place to create something amazing. When they decide to be cheap, they tie the hands of the Imagineers, and they disappoint all of us. It's a shame that they can't be bothered to reach for greatness every time, especially considering that they have the vast resources to do so...and they would benefit the most by creating amazing attractions rather than mediocrities. It seems that they make a decision based on the most cynical, sharp pencil calculation, rather than out of a sense of pride and desire to be the best.
    Thats how we got DCA 1.0 in the first place!

Let's hope Universal keeps pushing Disney; God help us theme park fans if they sink into bloated complacency again...
    I think with Harry Potter, Disney feel they got them on the ropes and I have a feeling they will try hard to fight them. CL is one way but I have a feeling Avengers and Marvel in general will be another!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    As for the no pictures/no reviews rule as I been saying its utterly futile!
    You're right, but not for reasons you might think. The rule is futile because there are way to many people going to the previews who lack respect and integrity. That includes whomever took the photos in the OP. I personally find it rather sad that some of my fellow CM's have so little integrity that they're willing to disregard the "no photos" rule. When I came to the CL Preview, I adhered to the rule, and instructed my Guests they must likewise adhere to the rule. This isn't rocket science.

Think about it. When you to go to DLR, and are paying $87 to get through the gate, don't you think that, for that price, you shoudl at lest get CM's who have integrity? I hope that any CM who took photos and shared them ends up leaving DLR. For every one of them, there are lots of other people willing to take their job who will be more than happy to adhere to the rules.

• Minion

Thanks for the review the more I see pics about Carsland Disney approved or not it's getting more exciting I cant wait! not one bad thing I've seen in the pictures yet

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

Step into the Magic
    Watch the stories come alive
    Step into the Magic
    Every color shines so bright
    Step into the Magic!!!!

-Disneyland Forever Fireworks

• Sock Puppet

The good news is, from here on out, pics are allowed. In fact, I work this afternoon, and if I see you taking a photo, I'll probably stop you and ask if you'd like to be in the picture.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Carthay View Post
    there are way to many people going to the previews who lack respect and integrity. That includes whomever took the photos in the OP.

Even though I knew about the "no pictures" rule, I didn't take pictures because I wanted to enjoy the new land myself, not by seeing it through a digital camera screen! Plus, I figured there would be plenty of time for taking pictures this summer when the stand-by line is four hours long (which I have no intent to wait in now that I've ridden RSR and eaten at Flo's). And once it's open to the public, literally minutes after, the internet will have so many pictures from so many angles you'll swear you were actually there, anyway.
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Curiouser

I'm SO excited for Cars Land, especially Flo's cafe! I love her Thanks for sharing, these are awesome pictures!

• Resident of the Caldera

Video of Radiator Springs Racers here:
    POV of Radiator Springs Racers in Cars Land - AP Preview - YouTube
    Note that the cm only instructions "no flash photography or video lighting." Video okay!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12