• I am not a Krusty Krab

The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Holiday Effect Thread

sorry i couldnt come up with a better name LOL

ok so from 2003 til about 2007 Oogie Boogie in Haunted Mansion Holiday was used from an old Animatronic from Country Bear Playhouse, what happened to him after 2007 and what character was he by the way

another is the 2001 soundtrack, why was it changed, i thought it was pretty cool

lets see how long we can get this post to last haha

and for the creators of the original HM Thread, i apologize if i offended any of you by using the name

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Maybe not forgotten but ever changing, would be the gingerbread house on the center of the table in the dining room. I look for it every year. Quite a great effect in my book

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Unnatural and dreadful

Re: The Long-Forgotten Haunted Mansion Holiday Effect Thread

Oogie Boogie was still there in AA form last time I visited (2011 season). As far as I know, the talk about him re-using Big Al's frame has no solid evidence: some websites claim so but no 'insider' interview or source has shown up that I can recall. It might be, but there's no proof or initial source I've come across.

I do miss the original holiday carol arrangement music for the ride, it was vastly better (and more subtle and creepy) than the repeated Elfman film score arrangements to me anyway. But there was demand for the movie score to make an appearance among many fans, is why the change was made.
    when the spooks have a midnight jamboree....

• Just good enough

The gingerbread house/smell is always a pleasant treat when riding HMH.

I always love seeing the man-eating wreath along with the new stretching room paintings when the blacklight takes over.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by RegionsBeyond View Post
    Oogie Boogie was still there in AA form last time I visited (2011 season). As far as I know, the talk about him re-using Big Al's frame has no solid evidence: some websites claim so but no 'insider' interview or source has shown up that I can recall. It might be, but there's no proof or initial source I've come across.
    oh i know he's still there, i just heard a CM say they got a new AA for him and wanted to see if the experts can elaborate

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• I'm a Lutheran

One thing lost are the "scarols" that played in the queue from 2002 until one year when they just disappeared and were replaced by the Phantom Manor music box music. Large scrolls of stylized-paper were hung on the lampposts and trees with lyrics for the songs so guests could sing along while waiting in a presumably large line. While the scarols were kind of...cute? They were taken out for various reasons. Whenever I bring up the topic I usually receive the same answer: complaints. Although this may not have come from official mouths at Disneyland, I seriously believe this the most out of any other reason presented. Why?

Sacrilegious.

Apparently people complained that the songs were sacrilegious. The lyrics were very clever but listening to them now really kind of gives me chills...these lyrics are basically the love children of Alien Encounter and Snow White's Scary Adventures. Some of the songs had rather gruesome content! One unused song entitled "We Three Dracs" ("We Three Kings") sung about three vampires coming to drink different types of blood, particularly guests' blood. One of the songs mentioned God too. One or two of the scarols were rewritten carols usually sang in churches around Christmas which may have sparked some of the complaining. Having experienced seeing and hearing the scarols myself, I admit to not even really recognizing them or the lyrics until years later when they were gone. I remember hearing the "13 Days of Christmas" playing and my dad making some comment about them...I think he said they were stupid, lol.

Also...this may just be a dream or some faded childhood memory but...when I first rode Haunted Mansion Holiday in 2001 (sometime in November or December), I distinctively recall the black and white photographs in the Corridor of Doors being replaced by stylized sketches of characters from Nightmare Before Christmas. Is that true? Every video I've seen says otherwise, but I've never truly tried to start a conversation about it with anyone.

Did these illustrations really exist in the Corridor of Doors? Am I losing my mind? Or does HMH finally have its alternatives to the infamous Hatbox Ghost?
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    One thing lost are the "scarols" that played in the queue from 2002 until one year when they just disappeared and were replaced by the Phantom Manor music box music. Large scrolls of stylized-paper were hung on the lampposts and trees with lyrics for the songs so guests could sing along while waiting in a presumably large line. While the scarols were kind of...cute? They were taken out for various reasons. Whenever I bring up the topic I usually receive the same answer: complaints. Although this may not have come from official mouths at Disneyland, I seriously believe this the most out of any other reason presented. Why?

Sacrilegious.

Apparently people complained that the songs were sacrilegious. The lyrics were very clever but listening to them now really kind of gives me chills...these lyrics are basically the love children of Alien Encounter and Snow White's Scary Adventures. Some of the songs had rather gruesome content! One unused song entitled "We Three Dracs" ("We Three Kings") sung about three vampires coming to drink different types of blood, particularly guests' blood. One of the songs mentioned God too. One or two of the scarols were rewritten carols usually sang in churches around Christmas which may have sparked some of the complaining. Having experienced seeing and hearing the scarols myself, I admit to not even really recognizing them or the lyrics until years later when they were gone. I remember hearing the "13 Days of Christmas" playing and my dad making some comment about them...I think he said they were stupid, lol.

Also...this may just be a dream or some faded childhood memory but...when I first rode Haunted Mansion Holiday in 2001 (sometime in November or December), I distinctively recall the black and white photographs in the Corridor of Doors being replaced by stylized sketches of characters from Nightmare Before Christmas. Is that true? Every video I've seen says otherwise, but I've never truly tried to start a conversation about it with anyone.

Did these illustrations really exist in the Corridor of Doors? Am I losing my mind? Or does HMH finally have its alternatives to the infamous Hatbox Ghost?
    When the HMH first premiered it premiered with the PM music box, then they did the scarols, then a mix of the scarols with the PM music box, and now its back to just the PM music box. The Music box is better in my opinion and gives an overall melancholy feel.
    Jeff Wayne

• I'm a Lutheran

Oh yes I was aware of the PM music box featured by itself in 2001. I remember it fully...because HMH used to terrify me as a child, I will always remember that haunting tune...it's still perfectly clear in my ears.
    "Y'all come back now, ya hear?"

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post

Sacrilegious.

anywhere i can find the lyrics to these scarrols?

• I am not a Krusty Krab

does anyone know why oogie boogie was cut out of the hurry back part near the exit?