Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• :)

Rain Expected in Anaheim Sunday!

YAYYYY.....so long tourists on your high rude xmas spirits hopefully it rains and the park is empty :]

• Vehicle rotating backward

Re: Rain Expected in Anaheim Sunday!

? Did I read that right? Are we suggesting tourists are rude, and APs are not?

• Sock Puppet

It better not rain, I want to see the USC band on the 1st and the Texas band on the second. Damned timing for rain.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TENORDRUMMER
    It better not rain, I want to see the USC band on the 1st and the Texas band on the second. Damned timing for rain.
    I think the bands will play regardless.

I see rain forecast for Sat-Sun-Mon. As usual, the game day will be sunny, though by kickoff it will be dark.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• ļoļ Tom ļoļ

Used to think that rain would keep the non locals away and it started getting dark yesterday and drizzeled and no one flinched...the tourists are getting ballsy, someone get the whip and keep them at bay!

Quote Originally Posted by ah schucks
    Used to think that rain would keep the non locals away and it started getting dark yesterday and drizzeled and no one flinched...the tourists are getting ballsy, someone get the whip and keep them at bay!
    The rain seperates the whimps from the APers...

I visited the park on Superbowl Sunday last year. It was raining for a good portion of the morning. A lot of people said this would be an empty day because everyone would stay at home to watch the game. Of course, reverse psychology prevailed. The park was fairly crowded for a non-50th, non-holiday, off-seasoned Sunday. I'd expect the same if it rains on Sunday...

• Padawan

L.A.-- But I'd rather be on Brokeback Mountain

But it's on Saturday, New Year's Eve that we need some thunderstorms to flush the tourists away!
    --Jonathan

• ļoļ Tom ļoļ

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain

I visited the park on Superbowl Sunday last year. It was raining for a good portion of the morning. A lot of people said this would be an empty day because everyone would stay at home to watch the game. Of course, reverse psychology prevailed. The park was fairly crowded for a non-50th, non-holiday, off-seasoned Sunday. I'd expect the same if it rains on Sunday...
    Oh its true- everybody suggests taking a day off work to go on a Tuesday and its always crowded cause everyone always overthinks it.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain

No, the word got around (at internet speed) that Super Bowl Sunday was uncrowded. Too many people found out and, well, there you go.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM BGI
    But it's on Saturday, New Year's Eve that we need some thunderstorms to flush the tourists away!
    But it's on Saturday, New Year's Eve that we need TDA to do what OLC does -- make it a hard-ticket event -- to flush the AP'ers away!

It sounds to me as if you locals think of DL as your own little park and that anyone who travels a great distance and spends a h...of a lot more money than you do in a week than you spend in a year are the reason the park is crowded.Get real! DL would much prefer the long distance,on property tourist than the no spend local!

• Rock Star Minion

Sounds to me as if you generalize too much. Please read my posts, so you understand where I'm coming from -- metaphorically, of course.

• See you there!

It is really unfortunate that some locals and APíers blame all the crowds, problems and experiences that can be had at Disneyland on tourists. It is also very unfortunate that some non-locals and tourists blame locals and APíers for all the crowds, problems and bad experiences that can be had at Disneyland. Local or tourist, we're all to blame for the crowds at Disneyland, but so what? Just go, have a good time.

Disneyland is a marvelous place, and we all enjoy it very much, else we would not be participating in MiceChat and going to Disneyland every chance we get. Yeah, maybe itís not fair that locals can go whenever they like because they live here. But maybe thatís one of the reasons they live here. I enjoy Disneyland very much, Iíve been going for 50 years, yep, I was there opening year. Not opening day, but I went my first time in 1955.

I have been to Disneyland when the park seemed empty, Iíve been there when it was so crowded that in order to get from place to place you had to get in a flow of people and hope they went close to where you wanted to go. Sometimes they did, sometimes I wound up not knowing how I got where I got. Sometimes when I got somewhere it took me a while to figure out just where I was, because I was expecting to be somewhere else. The most confused was one New Years Eve. Wow, talk about a crowd, and that was in either 1998 or 1999, not even for 2000 or 2001 (depending on which start of the new millennium you celebrate), but what the heck, so it was crowded, I knew it was going to be crowded going in, so I just made the best of it.

Yeah, it really hurts me to see folks getting at each other and pointing the finger at each other because after all, itís their fault (who ever they are) that the park is too this or too that, or too whatever.

Disneyland is going to be extra crowded at least the rest this new year (2006), no way around it. Pointing fingers at each other is not going to help, it is just going to get people upset with each other, to what end?

Yeah, I remember back in the early 1990ís how the park would almost empty in October, 15,000 people max on some Sundays. My son and I use to ride and ride and ride, because there were no lines, many days Space Mountain was a ďwalk onĒ, all day. In fact he got me on Space Mountain 12 times one day when the park was very uncrowded. We even rode six times in about an hour (walking all the way around to the line) because there was no line (I needed a break to recover from the last ride).

Well, those days are gone! I donít think we will ever be able to do something like that again. Oh, well, now we do something new at Disneyland, we enjoy it the way it is. Several years ago (early 2000ís) I used to enjoy the rainy days because it less crowded. All that has changed. I donít think rainy days ever kept tourists away, they are on vacation, if they donít go to Disneyland when they are there, (rain or shine) their vacation $$ís are kind of up in smoke (or melted by the rain).

I feel that we as MiceChatters, locals, APíers, non-locals, and tourists need to realize that we all feel some entitlement to Disneyland. Why? Because we all really like the place, we like going there, we remember the old days, we long for the old days, we just long for less crowds. Well, thatís not going to happen! So why donít we just enjoy Disneyland and try to be civil to each other.

Just MHO, YMMV.

CU@DL

Andy

• I'm your huckleberry.

Right on Andy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesnít make anything anymore, but thatís not exactly true. Weíre the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• pronounced, Casey Jr. 1

Noooo!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast