Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Buena Vista Street: Red Car Trolley — Information, photos and more

The New Disney California Adventure > Buena Vista Street > Red Car Trolley

Plying the streets of Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Land, the Red Car Trolley takes guests on a leisurely trip through time into the Los Angeles that Walt Disney knew in the early 1920s and into his Hollywood of the 1930s.

Attraction description:
    Board one of two Red Car Trolleys for a leisurely tour of Buena Vista Street and Hollywood Land.

Attraction Stats
    Attraction storyline: Inspired by, and lovingly modeled on the historic Pacific Electric Railway system which operated in Southern California from 1901 through 1961, the Red Car Trolley runs through Buena Vista Street and into Hollywood Land, making multiple stops until it arrives at the Hollywood Tower Hotel. The red cars are modeled on two Pacific Electric Railway designs, representing different eras of the system’s history. The attraction evokes the original Red Car line with large windows all the way around the cars, a distinctive single headlight in the center of the front panel, and even overhead “catenary” electrical lines.

Minimum Height Requirement: None.

Disney's FASTPASS: Not available.

Ride Vehicles: Two, 21-passenger electric-powered trolleys modeled after the historic Pacific Electric Railway system.

Route Stops: The Red Car Trolley makes four stops: Buena Vista Plaza, near Mortimer's Market; Carthay Circle, adjacent to the Carthay Circle Theater; Hollywood Boulvard, near Disney Animation; and Hollywood Tower Hotel, next to the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.

Tips: This attraction is expected to be popular when Buena Vista Street debuts on June 15. Take advantage of the attraction's multiple stops where wait times to board may be shorter.

Photos:
    Click thumbnails for larger view. Photos may contain spoilers. Photos © Disney.

Video:
    Take a ride down Buena Vista Street in our video from June 9:

For more Buena Vista Street coverage including photos, video and reviews be sure to check out the coverage from the following columns all week long on MiceChat's front page:
    |
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-10-2012 at 12:41 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Re: Buena Vista Street: Red Car Trolley — Information, photos and more

Photos from the Red Car Trolley:

Aboard the Red Car:

Ads for Buena Vista Street shops and restaurants

Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-10-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Beautiful photos Andy!

I'm crazy about Buena Vista Street and think the Red Cars look great. While they weren't moving due to the construction walls, they sure do help set the mood of the street!

I really hope they work well in crowded conditions, because I'd hate to see them go away.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

grate photos andy i loved the deaties in bruia vista street
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

In the video above I see that there is a CM that walks in front of the trolley. Is this going to be permanent or is it just during the previews?

•   
    • TDS and TDL FUN times

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurnClyde View Post
    In the video above I see that there is a CM that walks in front of the trolley. Is this going to be permanent or is it just during the previews?
    On Main street this is fairly common during a busy day with the Horse-Drawn Street Cars. Perhaps they are just practicing for opening day

In-cre-di-ble!!!...What a change for California Adventure's entrance!

If you can dream it, you can Do it - Walt Disney

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Loved the Red Cars so much! The ToT poster showing the hotel without the huge tower, which is presumably an add on it seems now, was great layering story that tied and connected the park together.

•   
    • Chicago Gal

Blog Entries

Amazing photos. Come January, I'll get to photograph it for myself.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    Loved the Red Cars so much! The ToT poster showing the hotel without the huge tower, which is presumably an add on it seems now, was great layering story that tied and connected the park together.
    The poster is showing the hotel from the side, so technically it's still there. I don't know if anyone noticed but the mortimer's market advertisement background is the same as the old ITTBAB mural. Love the ads and everything else, can't wait to see it in person

• I am not a Krusty Krab

wow. i like it better than the horsedrawn streetcars

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Sock Puppet

I know its blasphemy but I think Buena Vista Street is more immersive than Main Street at Disneyland. On Main Street the castle always reminds you that your not on a 'turn of the century' street, I feel your much more 'immersed' into the scene on BVS.

I know its not 'cool' to put anything at DCA above anything at DL, but yea I just did. Sorry guys ;P

• Quality not quantity

How crowded are the Red Cars now that they have been running for awhile?

How often do they run? Are they in service all day? At night? How long does a ride from one end to the other last?

Inquiring minds want to know...
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect."

-Mark Twain

• Dave

Blog Entries

This is one of those rides I am really looking forward to for our March trip. Any comment on how they are working and any concern about them closeing?

---------- Post added 08-30-2012 at 10:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by NineteenTwenty8 View Post
    I know its blasphemy but I think Buena Vista Street is more immersive than Main Street at Disneyland. On Main Street the castle always reminds you that your not on a 'turn of the century' street, I feel your much more 'immersed' into the scene on BVS.

I know its not 'cool' to put anything at DCA above anything at DL, but yea I just did. Sorry guys ;P
    So it sounds like you would give Buana Vista Street and the Red Cars two thumbs up?
    Dave

I rode both Red Cars over a period of a few days when I went to the Destination D event.

It felt like there was a narrow window of operations when both were running along the trolley tracks. Entertainment throughout the day would sometimes slow the operations of the cars, and when Mickey and the newsboys came around, the 623 trolley was the only one out for their presentation.

Around the afternoon one day, I finally got to ride the 717, which I wanted to so eagerly, since the trolley in Who Framed Roger Rabbit was patterned after that car style. The only thing missing was a smarmy conductor not taking my check ("What do I look like, a bank?").

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast