Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    103

    Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    Good Morning

    I don't go till this evening but the question of are cameras allowed at paid AP previews Carsland has been answered completely... and it s a YES. Pictures are popping up all over twitter and cast members have not stopped anyone from using a camera/ Expect full trip reports and pictures by the end of the day!!!

  2. #2

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    Very good news! Thanks for letting us know!

  3. #3

    • Sock Puppet
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Anaheim
    Posts
    48

    Re: Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    Enjoy your visit. I'll be at CL as well off and on working. If I see you taking a picture, I'm likely to stop you and ask if you're like to be in it.

  4. #4

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,110

    Re: Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    I guess they have been getting a lot of questions about this because when you check in at the ticket booth they give you an information flyer that spells it out.

    ---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 09:38 PM ----------

    To quote:

    Photos
    The standard Disneyland Resort policy relating to photography in our parks will be in place during this event. Guests attending this event can take photos, but professional cameras or equipment will not be permitted.


    Hairy Baby!

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Anaheim, California
    Posts
    14

    Re: Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    I guess they have been getting a lot of questions about this because when you check in at the ticket booth they give you an information flyer that spells it out.

    ---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 09:38 PM ----------

    To quote:

    Photos
    The standard Disneyland Resort policy relating to photography in our parks will be in place during this event. Guests attending this event can take photos, but professional cameras or equipment will not be permitted.
    I just LOVE this double standard.

    Cast members and other Disney employees get to preview the land and rides, then get chastised for having cell phones out during the preview. We get constant reminders that we could lose our jobs if we photograph and post pictures or video.

    Then the AP's get to go in (paying of course) and VOILA' photos are OK.

    Maybe it's because there's money in it for Disney?
    It couldn't be that we are any closer to the opening. Just a 2 day difference in time.

    Just another example of how AP's are treated differently.

  6. #6

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    12.5 minutes from Disneyland
    Posts
    14,009
    Blog Entries
    9

    Re: Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    Quote Originally Posted by d que blog View Post
    I just LOVE this double standard.

    Cast members and other Disney employees get to preview the land and rides, then get chastised for having cell phones out during the preview. We get constant reminders that we could lose our jobs if we photograph and post pictures or video.

    Then the AP's get to go in (paying of course) and VOILA' photos are OK.

    Maybe it's because there's money in it for Disney?
    It couldn't be that we are any closer to the opening. Just a 2 day difference in time.

    Just another example of how AP's are treated differently.
    I understand the desire to want to keep the lid on things until the opening, but I agree it doesn't seem fair to the Cast Members. I wonder if part of the reason that the APs were allowed to photograph is that nothing was said in the initial advertisements about not taking photos. Maybe the initial intent was to continue the ban until the press event on the 14th, but they had to give up on it after realizing that multitudes of AP holders were coming with cameras expecting to take photos.

  7. #7

    • backwards driver
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    107

    Re: Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I wonder if part of the reason that the APs were allowed to photograph is that nothing was said in the initial advertisements about not taking photos. Maybe the initial intent was to continue the ban until the press event on the 14th
    That makes sense to me. If they tried to impose the ban after even one person had already purchased they would have been in for trouble. Frankly i think they would have been up against consumer laws if they had tried to pull that off because it was not advertised with the limitations in place.

    Still I feel for the cast members but on the bright side at least they got to see it and didn't have to pay

  8. #8

    • Nerd
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Posts
    2,364

    Re: Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    I went to the CM preview on Thursday and was NOT allowed to bring my camera because they didn't want any info or pics leaking out until opening day....Now EVERYONE is posting photos and reviews all over social media a day later - BEFORE - the grand opening. All I wanted to do was photograph some neon signs, Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa (crying) oh well. Now I'll have to go again. At least I got to ride all the rides and see how beautiful the new park looks. First Class work on this 5 year project.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror



    Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

  9. #9

    • Lost in Wonderland
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    452

    Re: Question Answered - Cameras ARE allowed at AP PAID Carsland Previews

    Well, by not allowing photos at the Cast Member Previews, it gave them 3 additional days to get things closer to completion, particularly in Buena Vista Street. Five and Dime wasn't even open for the Cast Member Previews. Also, they probably regarded the Disneyland Cast Member Previews as part of the week long Company previews, which included the earlier Imagineer and Burbank Employee events. So it allowed them more than a week to finish things up.

Similar Threads

  1. [Question] Now how large are TDS and TDL - question on FP and walking distances
    By doodbug in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-24-2011, 01:11 AM
  2. [Question] are 2 auditions back to back allowed??
    By cbellsoup in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-21-2010, 02:49 PM
  3. D23 World of Color paid admission previews?
    By dland_lover in forum D23 - Disney Twenty Three
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 07:09 PM
  4. [Question] Are Lanyards with Pins allowed on Carry-ons?
    By zyka850 in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 12:31 AM
  5. [Question] Are Photopass Shares Allowed Here
    By huizarst in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-28-2009, 08:59 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •