• I am number 4 of 999

I see a lot of topics about Cars Land, but not so much about Buena Vista Street.

YES, I've been fortunate enough to walk through Buena Vista Street during previews, but what I wanted to bring up can be seen over the walls:

Elias & Co doesn't have quite the grand glass enclosure at the main entrance that is depicted in the concept art, which is a little disappointing for me, as I was really looking forward to what that was going to look like. Actually, it's not really illustrated specifically enough to know if it was supposed to be clear glass or mirrored, but I guess that the reflections from the sun would have caused issues? Also, the art shows a more open area, but with the trees and the Storytellers statue and the Carthay, I wonder if they didn't want the facade to compete. As that area is a whole bunch of gorgeous right now!!

Any other "over the walls" opinions?

Name:  347563620-19103149.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  36.2 KB
    Name:  IMG9775-L.jpg
Views: 398
Size:  166.5 KB
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• Sock Puppet

Re: I see a lot of topics about Cars Land, but not so much about Buena Vista Street.

I know most of the hype is for Carsland but I think Buena Vista Street is equally as exciting. Its going to be DCA's Main Street and I definitely think they have done a great job. They have done a great job with the Carthay inside and out from what I have seen. I am a little disappointed with how some of the concepts did not come quite true, but I am happy to see at least one reference to Oswald with the Gas Station. I know Disney's legacy officially started with a mouse but the inspiration came from a rabbit.

• Disneyland Man

Re: I see a lot of topics about Cars Land, but not so much about Buena Vista Street.

I think it is the truly transformative part of this huge resort remodel project. Even behind walls it lends great charm to an area in much need of it. The previous space I would rush through to avoid. Now, I already linger to enjoy the revealed environments.

"Disneyland is a work of love. We didn't go into Disneyland just with the idea of making money."
    - - Walt Disney

• The Lucky Rabbit

I agree. The new entrance is truly transformative and I think is much more inviting then the old entry way into Sunshine Plaza. I am glad that a lot of the old entries elements are being recycled in different areas of California, but in the end I think that Buena Vista Street really helps welcome people more, similarly to Main Street in Disneyland.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• The Happiest Cynic

I saw it myself today - it isn't particularly closed to finished yet, which is why there's likely little talk about it. The storefronts look nice, but most of them are closed, and the ones that are open aren't offering much in the way of unique items - it's mostly standard DCA stuff, with a few little things I hadn't seen here and there (there are a bunch of Partners items in there, for example, although notably the statue is not up). It felt like walking in on something that was kinda-sorta 2/3rds the way finished and not really ready for visitors yet. Much more of a "preview" than Cars Land. It also doesn't help that half of the drama of that scene is spoiled by the walls still being up; you can't see the Carthay from the beginning, just as if there were walls up at the end of Main Street and you couldn't see the castle. I spent about 15 minutes, said "hey, this sure seems like it's a big improvement on what was here before, can't wait to see it when it's actually alive and ready" and took off.

What exactly are people supposed to say? It's the same "Main Street" that you see at MGM, Magic Kingdom, The international Disneys or a few yards away at Disneyland.

Personally, I find it to be another case of "pretty to look at, not interesting enough to remember" because there's nothing fresh or exciting about it other than it being new. This seems to be a trend because Disney is intent on creating lands that nobody ever asked to go to. (Up next... Avatar -yawn- Land)

Buena Vista street is cute but it definitely won't have any impact on trying to get people to be more interested in DCA which is unfortunate.
    Last edited by Anonymouse; 06-10-2012 at 10:20 AM.

• Shablagoo!

Here is some video from Buena Vista Street. They allowed Pacific Northwest MouseMeet to film and post it online.

PNW Mouse Meet recorded live on 6/10/12 at 10:48 AM PDT, Recorded live from United States, California, Anaheim on my iPad on 6/10/12 at 10:48 AM PDT PNWMMD...

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

They are both great...but one has 3 rides (one being an E ticket) so of course it will get covered more, I can't wait to see both.

• I am number 4 of 999

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouse View Post
    Personally, I find it to be another case of "pretty to look at, not interesting enough to remember" because there's nothing fresh or exciting about it other than it being new.
    Now, I am going to assume by your use of the phrase, "personally, I find it to be" that you've been through the area during one of the previews and you are able to form an opinion based on the fact that you have seen and touched and smelled and listened to the area "personally", yes?
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".