With the announcement of Nintendo Land last week, it got me thinking about Nintendo and Disney partnering to produce a theme park. Nintendo obviously has enough endearing characters and franchises to fill a theme park and Disney has the experience necessary to design and execute it.
Here are some of my ideas for lands:
- I originally wanted Peach's castle to be the park icon, but I have a better idea (see below).
- Death Mountain and Lake Hylia would be perfect landmarks.
- You could really theme an entire park to just Hyrule if you wanted to.
- Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero theming
- More Hyrule! This could be the park's entrance with the castle as the centerpiece. Thematically, this would make more sense than Main Street's castle.
So do you guys think Nintendo Land is Nintendo taking baby steps into the world of theme parks and finally acknowledging the demand for such a concept? Do you think Disney and Nintendo would be a good team?
One can only dream, but I don't see Nintendo Land evolving into a real theme park any time soon.