Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo Land

Nintendo Land

With the announcement of Nintendo Land last week, it got me thinking about Nintendo and Disney partnering to produce a theme park. Nintendo obviously has enough endearing characters and franchises to fill a theme park and Disney has the experience necessary to design and execute it.

Here are some of my ideas for lands:

Mushroom Kingdom
    - I originally wanted Peach's castle to be the park icon, but I have a better idea (see below).

Hyrule
    - Death Mountain and Lake Hylia would be perfect landmarks.
    - You could really theme an entire park to just Hyrule if you wanted to.

Outerspace
    - Metroid, Star Fox, and F-Zero theming

Pokemon Land

Castle Town
    - More Hyrule! This could be the park's entrance with the castle as the centerpiece. Thematically, this would make more sense than Main Street's castle.

So do you guys think Nintendo Land is Nintendo taking baby steps into the world of theme parks and finally acknowledging the demand for such a concept? Do you think Disney and Nintendo would be a good team?

One can only dream, but I don't see Nintendo Land evolving into a real theme park any time soon.

• Musical Fireman

Re: Nintendo Land

Very interesting friend, VERY INTERESTING I love Mario and other classic Nintendo games. However I see really one problem... THE RIGHTS I'm sure Disney had to drive a pretty hard bargain for Marvel especially with how Stan Lee thinks of his characters he is ALMOST like Walt when it comes to this. I have to think that Disney would have to pull some pretty good strings to convince Nintendo to add to the parks.

That being said how about a virtual reality Mario Kart I would LOVE to be able to actually be in a race.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• I'm a Lutheran

This is an idea that I've had in the back of my head ever since I was about 8-years-old and above, although I pictured it as a stand-alone theme park and not a combination between Nintendo and Disney.

Such ideas I had included a boat ride through and around the park that led through Kongo Jungle (encountering Donkey Kong and friends), going through a dark tunnel that led into Brinstar Depths with a chance encounter with a massive animatronic Kraid, and an F-Zero track surrounding the canal. Other ideas included a seagull-spinner ride similar to Dumbo in the Hyrule area, a massive Game Stop superstore, a Pokemon Land featuring a Pokemon Center, and so on so forth. I don't remember much of anything else though...
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• keh!

A Hyrule kingdom WOULD be awesome : )

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

I feel like I live in Nintendo land at home already.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    This is an idea that I've had in the back of my head ever since I was about 8-years-old and above, although I pictured it as a stand-alone theme park and not a combination between Nintendo and Disney.

Such ideas I had included a boat ride through and around the park that led through Kongo Jungle (encountering Donkey Kong and friends), going through a dark tunnel that led into Brinstar Depths with a chance encounter with a massive animatronic Kraid, and an F-Zero track surrounding the canal. Other ideas included a seagull-spinner ride similar to Dumbo in the Hyrule area, a massive Game Stop superstore, a Pokemon Land featuring a Pokemon Center, and so on so forth. I don't remember much of anything else though...
    Great ideas! My idea is that it WOULD be a standalone theme park, but simply built and executed by Disney since Nintendo doesn't have the know-how to build this.

I would LOVE a Nintendo theme park, but not partnered with Disney. Yes, Disney has the knowledge and experience with theme parks, but I would like to see a new and fresh perspective from others.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by wave789 View Post
    Great ideas! My idea is that it WOULD be a standalone theme park, but simply built and executed by Disney since Nintendo doesn't have the know-how to build this.
    If a cartoonist could build a park, I'm sure that video game designers can do the same.

A Nintendo theme park would be a dream's dream come true. If it was done, I don't think a land themed to all of Hyrule would be done. Hyrule is huge, however, theming the LoZ land to just Castle Town can be just right, like IoA's Hosgmeade.

I can't see it ever being done. Nintendo does not seem to have as much money as Disney does, to spend billions on a project of that scale. (Disney is far beyond just animated films). Someone should pop the idea into Miyamoto's head regardless. If not a real theme park, perhaps Nintendo can create a video game based where it has its own theme park.
    ~things are looking mighty satisfactual~

This would be excellent as one of the sections of an "Islands of Adventure" style third gate: Nintendoland, Marvel, Star Wars, etc.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^that's what I was thinking.....as much as I love Marvel and Nintendo...if they get full lands....I want them at a new park so they have the land to have at least 2-3 E ticket rides in each land...

A few rides I'd love to see....

Mario Kart - A Crazy Mouse Coaster Ride, were you drive around the mushroom kingdom

Pokemon 3D - Finally see Pokemon in 3D in a new show....using a real set along with 3D screens, Holograms and effects. Can you catch them all

Metroid 3D - a Ride that combines Toy Story/M&B the ride into one...fight along side Samus and try to get the high school

The Legend of Zelda: Coaster in Time - A Roller Coaster that uses both screens/real sets and effects (such as smell, wind, water and fire) to have you fly threw some of the toughest dungeons from Ocarina of Time

Star Fox - This would be a room filled with MANY Arwings (the space ships in the game) Each person pilots there own ship and you fight against waves of enemies as a team (on select weekend nights tournaments to see who's the best)

• Tokyo Disney Sea Cast

Umm...to be honest why is this post in a Disneyland forum?? I mean great concept but shouldn't it be posted in other sections?
    Tokyo Disneyland Crew!

Currently working at:: Journey to the Center of the Earth!

oriental land company (the real owners of toyko disneyland/disneysea) would be really good partners. they run an excellent ship, their parks are among the best of all disney parks. also they are in japan and nintendoland would have to be in the tokyo metro. the park would have potential for rivaling disney's though for sheer theme, the number of classic nintendo games would give them plenty of high caliber lands and themed rides - mario, zelda, metroid, mariokart, smash, f-zero, etc.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
    Umm...to be honest why is this post in a Disneyland forum?? I mean great concept but shouldn't it be posted in other sections?
    Good point
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• I'm a Lutheran

Maybe this can be part of a third gate?

And Disney and Nintendo do seem to have somewhat of a little connection...

Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast