october trip HELP

Ok well on the 30th of September to the 6th of October I am leading a5 day 6 nights family outing to Disneyland hear is the group:
    Me 35 many trips to Disneyland
    My wife 34 3 trips to Disneyland
    My little girl 4 first trips to Disneyland
    My boy 3 first trip to Disneyland
    My mom 53 many trips to Disneyland (not as many as me thou)
    My dad 59 many trips to Disneyland (not as many as me thou) (big kid when he gets there)
    My sister 31 many trips to Disneyland (not as many as me thou)
    My brother in law 31 unknown # trips to Disneyland
    My mother in law 63 1 trip to Disneyland in 1965
    My father in law 65 first trip to Disneyland
    As you can see we have a big difference in people in our group help any advice would be a big help any at all we are staying at the stay bridge suites will probably be using the A.R.T a lot we also want to do the trick or treat party so any help is great i need all the help i can get for my sanity

Re: october trip HELP

Quote Originally Posted by mousedaddy View Post
    Ok well on the 30th of September to the 6th of October I am leading a5 day 6 nights family outing to Disneyland hear is the group:
    Me 35 many trips to Disneyland
    My wife 34 3 trips to Disneyland
    My little girl 4 first trips to Disneyland
    My boy 3 first trip to Disneyland
    My mom 53 many trips to Disneyland (not as many as me thou)
    My dad 59 many trips to Disneyland (not as many as me thou) (big kid when he gets there)
    My sister 31 many trips to Disneyland (not as many as me thou)
    My brother in law 31 unknown # trips to Disneyland
    My mother in law 63 1 trip to Disneyland in 1965
    My father in law 65 first trip to Disneyland
    As you can see we have a big difference in people in our group help any advice would be a big help any at all we are staying at the stay bridge suites will probably be using the A.R.T a lot we also want to do the trick or treat party so any help is great i need all the help i can get for my sanity
    Not sure what kind of info you're looking for. Looks like you have your accomodations and transportation worked out.

You might want to break up into 2 groups at times just to keep things more manageable. Especially if the parks are really busy. Some of you might be more into things like Space Mountain, rather than the Tea Cups.

And of course with the little kids, you might want to take a mid-day break and nap or enjoy the pool, weather allowing. It will still be pretty warm in early October, I'm guessing.

And with grammas and grandpas along, maybe you'll have built in babysitters if some of you want to do a couple late nights.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

• Bring back the Keelboats!

Yeah, sounds like you need to break the group up some. For those who haven't been much, put those with some veterans of the Park. They will have a better time with someone who knows the Park well. Every time I have been the "guide," I have had a blast showing them different things they might have missed!

Don't stress it trying to plan every little thing. Sometimes it works better playing it by ear and enjoying the days. You have a bit of time there, so everyone should be able to see what they would like!

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Dreaming of next trip

If you are going to go to the Halloween party make sure you get the party tickets before you leave. Last year we met some people who had driven down to buy tickets for that day only to find out that they had been sold out.
    With a large group try not to plan out every detail keep it to one or two times a day when everyone gathers for the event.
    Most importantly, go with the flow and have a great time.

• Banned User

Choose a weekday for the H'ween event (I noticed that you will be there on a Friday - I would skip that event due to the popularity).

I called Disneyland and the CM said to check online for the event tix on or shortly after July 1st. She had no other info (like price this year, etc.)

Weather in SoCal in late Sept or early Oct is usually fairly warm during the day and mild to chilly at night. In one day you can experience an entire range of temps. However, it can be downright hot or cold too. Pack well for these unknowns. Some of SoCal's biggest temperature extremes happen in the early fall. It tends to be quite dry tho, so the chance of rain is much less than in the winter.

Also, according to some resources, the Santa Ana winds will kick up pretty big this year... obviously they cannot be predicted to-the-day this far out, but they can be predicted to a degree like the El Nino and La Nina events. This can bring a whole host of issues (from fireworks being cancelled to very smoggy/smokey conditions from brush fires in the hills). There really is no planning for this, however most Santa Ana weather events will not last the duration of your entire trip... your number of days at the resort are helpful in this regard!

Hope this helps. I myself will be there in late Sept if all goes according to plan. 18 months since my last visit!
    Last edited by JMazz; 06-09-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: spelling, etc! as always!

• Miste2blue

I'm going to chime in from a different perspective....Since it seems to me that you've planned this trip with the intent of that all of you are going together, I'm going to guess that you really don't want to break up into separate groups. My family & I have done this for many years and there's always a little arguing, but overall, I think we all get to do what we want.

I would definitely suggest the Halloween Party (assuming that it's happening this year) during one of the week days....this will allow the grandparents to get to see the grandchildren in their prime (trick or treating) & will allow them to rest a little while the kids & parents are in line to get candy.

As for the other days, I would suggest splitting up your days into Early Mornings (in the park) & then schedule in a break in the middle of the day where the kids can take a nap or go to the pool & then head back into the park later in the evening for the fireworks & World of Color....

Definitely pick a place to meet back up in each park in case anyone in your party gets tired & wants to go back to the room to rest. There are inevitably some rides that the grandparents are not going to want to ride....so schedule those between the other rides that they will & want to ride & that will give everyone plenty of rest periods (both kids & adults).

That's just one person's opinion......hope that helps!

Misty