Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Man it is hot in Cars Land

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can barely work in costume in that heat! Lol
    Theres nothing like wearing a few layers of fine Disney polyester in humid 100 degree heat. It's an interesting experience. You should try it sometime!
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by m4444m44 View Post
    It's LA. It's rarely above 80 degrees and even in the summer temps in the 60s are normal. I don't think shade is such a need down here that it need interrupt with the design.
    No, Anaheim's average temperature in August is 86, and daily summer temps above 100 are common (the record high was 108 in 2004). On the "Carsland Concrete Griddle" it'll regularly get well above 100.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

Fortunately SoCal rarely gets humidity like you see on the East Coast so using hand held misters will be pretty effective. Or just go to Cars Land after riding GRR.

• Bring back the Keelboats!

This surprised me. That was one of the concerns with DCA first opened that the trees were so young there was no shade or relief. It kinda amazes me that the newest land would be so open like that--no matter what part of the country it represents.

Hidden Mickey - Historical fiction about Walt that mixes action and mystery with time travel and fantasy! Tweens to adults will enjoy these novels. And now, three gamebooks to play in Disneyland, DCA and WDW Magic Kingdom!

Check out my six action/adventure novels about Walt's lost diary and his epic quest. Visit my blog page!

Sometimes Dead Men DO Tell Tales!

• Banned User

It's LA. It's rarely above 80 degrees and even in the summer temps in the 60s are normal. I don't think shade is such a need down here that it need interrupt with the design.
    LOL are you kidding me? Its above 80 in December some years! I mean no its not Sahara Africa or South East Asia, but it can get up there, ESPECIALLY in the summers! That said, the point is to recreate a dessert so yeah its going to not be completely shaded. And they added hundreds of trees as well, so in time there will be more shade.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Theres nothing like wearing a few layers of fine Disney polyester in humid 100 degree heat. It's an interesting experience. You should try it sometime!
    not the costume im referring to lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Which "LA" are you referring to? It's FREQUENTLY in the 90's from July all the way through October. We had the hottest day on record just a couple of years ago, and Anaheim topped out somewhere between 106-108. It was 112 at my house and we're just a bit East of the park.

RARELY above 80 degrees? I think you meant "Often." Just not during May Gray or June gloom.

And temps in the 60's during the Summer are generally unheard of in Anaheim. When the temperatures reach into the high 80's and 90's later this Summer, Carsland is going to get pretty warm.
    Last edited by Mac Daddy; 06-10-2012 at 06:01 AM.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

could be worst. we could be in humid, rainy, sunny, bi polar weather florida lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

It is cooler near Luigi's while in the outdoor queue or where the attraction bumps along Cross Street. As long as the ride is running, the air blown from the floor gives a slight breeze around the area.

RSR once past the Rusty bridge is mostly shaded and have large fans within the couple of buildings you hit before making it onto the main show building.

->arthur

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Disneytwins View Post
    Universal Hollywood does a great job at re-creating the heat minus the desert theming. The place has no shade at all.
    what the heck? that place has lots of shade plus every queue has cold mist spraying all over the place.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Magic Mountain does that too with the mist

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Hmmm...I kind of thought the opposite on my visit. I was surprised at the number of full grown trees. The rest area between Sarge's and Flo's had a nice group of shade trees, Fillmore's was quite shaded as well as Mater's, there's a nice tall shade tree outside Lizzie's with some behind it, lots of great desert trees on the road bordering Racers and for the most part, the queue for Racer's is shaded under bridges, between rock work, or in buildings. I guess I could see it being hot on the main drag but honestly when it's hot, it's going to be hot everywhere regardless of the fact.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Ohh come July....it will feel like a dessert. When i went to Disneyland for the 55th Ceremony...it was HOT, people were sweating on Main Street pretty bad...

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    Ohh come July....it will feel like a dessert. When i went to Disneyland for the 55th Ceremony...it was HOT, people were sweating on Main Street pretty bad...
    i thought those were tears youre right it was extremely hot that day!

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by TheSwami View Post
    I don't think you live here - it is not "rarely above 80" in the summer. There's no shade and this are is all hot concrete and reflective white. It's a problem.
    I certainly do live here. The daily mean in August - the hottest month - is 75.3 degrees. Like I said - rarely above 80.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast