Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Man it is hot in Cars Land

There is a lovely shaded rest area with multiple benches over by the bathrooms. Really nice rest area.

• formerly very helpful

---------- Post added 06-10-2012 at 07:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by m4444m44 View Post
    It's LA. It's rarely above 80 degrees and even in the summer temps in the 60s are normal. I don't think shade is such a need down here that it need interrupt with the design.
    I think he means celsius.

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

I certainly do live here. The daily mean in August - the hottest month - is 75.3 degrees. Like I said - rarely above 80.
    Don't know where you are getting your info from but according to Weather.com the average temps for Anaheim in August is 89 degrees:

Aug 89F 65F 77F 0.01 in. 102F (1998) 53F (2002)

I would hardly call that "rarely above 80".
    No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?

• I am not a Krusty Krab

I certainly do live here. The daily mean in August - the hottest month - is 75.3 degrees. Like I said - rarely above 80.
    unless youre in the mountains its never below 80 in august

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Not sure if you are messing with us on purpose or not. Check this link:

Average Weather for Anaheim, CA - Temperature and Precipitation

National weather service states the average for Anaheim during August is 89 degrees.

Where are you getting your information?

• I am not a Krusty Krab

he's getting it from the ice age when it was below 70 in the OC and LA

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Resident of the Caldera

Quite a while back, as we watched the moutain range being built, there was a discussion here about the wisdom of building an enormous concrete "bowl" that was going to get full sun and not a lot of air circulation, and what that would mean in the hotter months of the summer.

We thought WDI knew something we didn't. Ha! When I get there in August I fully expect to feel like an egg frying on the sidewalk, akin to the feeling you often have in Las Vegas.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• ThinkingOfMermaidLagoons

Well this just confirms my strategy for Cars Land... first thing early morning, come back when the neon lights go on... It will be our evening party time instead of that Mad T thingy thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

Which "LA" are you referring to? It's FREQUENTLY in the 90's from July all the way through October. We had the hottest day on record just a couple of years ago, and Anaheim topped out somewhere between 106-108. It was 112 at my house and we're just a bit East of the park.

RARELY above 80 degrees? I think you meant "Often." Just not during May Gray or June gloom.

And temps in the 60's during the Summer are generally unheard of in Anaheim. When the temperatures reach into the high 80's and 90's later this Summer, Carsland is going to get pretty warm.
    We were there in May for a couple weeks and there were a few days it was in the 80's. This pacific northwesterner was grateful for the shade and covered lines in disneyland.
    [Half awake] How many cups of sugar does it take to get to the moon?

Like Manhattan, where the concrete absorbs the heat and keeps it hot at night, all that concrete in CarsLand may do the same thing. We'll just have to wait and see.

• backwards driver

Disneyland regularly calls code 90's in the summer. Which means that the temp is over 90 degrees. There may be some variance in the avg temp in Anaheim as a city, versus the temp in Disneyland as a park. To me it makes sense that the temp inside the parks is naturally going to run hotter than the rest of the city because you've got that "concrete griddle" as another poster put it, that just seems to amplify the heat.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Quote Originally Posted by Fukai View Post
    Quite a while back, as we watched the moutain range being built, there was a discussion here about the wisdom of building an enormous concrete "bowl" that was going to get full sun and not a lot of air circulation, and what that would mean in the hotter months of the summer.

We thought WDI knew something we didn't. Ha! When I get there in August I fully expect to feel like an egg frying on the sidewalk, akin to the feeling you often have in Las Vegas.
    I was thinking about that yesterday but as the sun set, you could definitely feel the breeze throughout the land and it actually got quite chilly. Definitely didn't have a lack of air circulation.

• Banned User

I remember waiting in a monster 45+ minute line for Roger's Rabbit's Car Toon Spin when Toontown opened . . . there were tiny trees and not a lot of shade, and it really bugged me that they'd open a land without any shade.

I think I'll usually go to Carsland in the evening/morning as the main walkway down Radiator Springs doesn't have trees shading it. There's also a concrete walkway around Paradise Pier that also doesn't have any shade and feels like it gets so much hotter than anything in Disneyland. Paradise Park doesn't have much shade, and I don't think that any sane person would walk around there when the temps start pushing 100.

Main Street also doesn't have much shade (on the main walkway to the castle), but there are awnings along the stores, and you can usually walk down to the castle through the stores. And the rest of Disneyland has "shade islands" hanging over the major walkways where you can at least get intermitent shade as you walk around. As the trees grow in, hopefully Carsland should get a lot more of these shady spots, making it easier to just walk around.

---------- Post added 06-10-2012 at 04:41 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalFan View Post
    I was thinking about that yesterday but as the sun set, you could definitely feel the breeze throughout the land and it actually got quite chilly. Definitely didn't have a lack of air circulation.
    The jungle cruise is supposedly a couple of degrees warmer than the rest of Disneyland, probably because water stores heat and because all of the vegetation overhead keeps the heat in. Concrete sort of reflects heat, but you'd probably have to be pretty close to the concrete to get an increase in temperature, like maybe a couple degrees. For the guests in Carsland, I doubt that the Cadillac range has much effect on temperature. The big stuff is preventing the sun from hitting you and heating you up, IMHO.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 06-10-2012 at 08:51 AM.

Animal Kingdom is by far the hottest park at Walt Disney World. Too much vegetation and humidity.

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries
    People here can debate anything...even when talking about the weather. :+)
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast