Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Re: Man it is hot in Cars Land

Quote Originally Posted by Ron W View Post
    At the 45 min. mark, the RSR queue was mostly in the shade. It started at the bridges, went through the old buildings, and then into the caverns, with just a few sunny gaps. If the line is over 1 hr. I would suggest a wide brimmed hat, a cold drink, and maybe one of those misters because the rest of the queue will be pretty much in the hot sun.

---------- Post added 06-09-2012 at 09:05 PM ----------

They also had CMs working the queue selling drinks and popcorn.
    Mater and Luigi are covered queue's as well. All three rides have very nice queues, much better than the pier area rides.

• "I Break Things"

What you're saying is that in Carsland the family that sits together sticks together!
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"

• backwards driver

Quote Originally Posted by techskip View Post
    What you're saying is that in Carsland the family that sits together sticks together!
    Ha Ha thats great!

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by m4444m44 View Post
    It's LA. It's rarely above 80 degrees and even in the summer temps in the 60s are normal. I don't think shade is such a need down here that it need interrupt with the design.
    Maybe you stay along the coast? The beach temps in the summer time there are usually in the upper 60s - mid 70s. Anaheim and other inland areas are normally 10-20 degrees warmer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    I've been at DL and DCA in killer heat, near 110 degrees with humidity...it'll be interesting to see a very crowded Cars Land in such a summer environment.
    Heat waves this high don't happen often. And when they do they rarely last more than 2 or 3 days.

• formerly very helpful

Quote Originally Posted by Radiobarry View Post
    People here can debate anything...even when talking about the weather. :+)

That is so NOT true!! We don't debate anything! We always agree!

(Do you see what I did here? )

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post

Which "LA" are you referring to? It's FREQUENTLY in the 90's from July all the way through October. We had the hottest day on record just a couple of years ago, and Anaheim topped out somewhere between 106-108. It was 112 at my house and we're just a bit East of the park.

RARELY above 80 degrees? I think you meant "Often." Just not during May Gray or June gloom.

And temps in the 60's during the Summer are generally unheard of in Anaheim. When the temperatures reach into the high 80's and 90's later this Summer, Carsland is going to get pretty warm.
    I was there it was 113 degrees on Sep 27th 2010!

Aren't they supposed to have a fire truck hosing people down when the place opens for real? Yeah, that'll work. Does Flo's V8 have a separate beer line? That's usually my suggestion for cooling down (or warming up - I forget which).
    Writing about all things Disney, a couple of paragraphs at a time

http://disneylandtraveler.blogspot.com/

75,000+ page views and counting.

Quote Originally Posted by m4444m44 View Post
    It's LA. It's rarely above 80 degrees and even in the summer temps in the 60s are normal. I don't think shade is such a need down here that it need interrupt with the design.

False. I'm an LA native, the heat and sun here are the horrible in summer. 60s? You must be thinking of San Francisco.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Aren't they supposed to have a fire truck hosing people down when the place opens for real? Yeah, that'll work. Does Flo's V8 have a separate beer line? That's usually my suggestion for cooling down (or warming up - I forget which).
    Red the fire truck hangs out in the area towards bug's land. His hose spits out every few seconds with a similar stream to that of the water spouts found at bug's land water park.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

rather have the constant 80+ heat than all the rain and humidity that Walt Disney World gets

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    ... check out the land in the morning hours, and don't go back until sunset.
    Your post seemed ironic with your avatar lolol

Anywho, I understand the whole shade issue... That's why there's so many stores to go inside and *shop* (or eat) lolol It's all a ploy for increased shopping!
    Because Bert Said So!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneylandTraveler View Post
    Does Flo's V8 have a separate beer line?
    Unfortunately not.

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    the point is to recreate a dessert so yeah its going to not be completely shaded. And they added hundreds of trees as well, so in time there will be more shade.
    They did add tree's. This was one of the few things in theming that actually breaks from the actual movie. If you watch closely in the movie there were no tree lined streets in Radiator Springs. Lassiter made sure that that would be fixed for the park, and trees were added.

Keep in mind that when Disneyland opened it's trees were not fully grown, and look at it now. So, give it time!

Be sure to visit D Que Blog for more videos, photos and fun.

• Minion

Florida has a humility level that hire then disneyland hummity and go carsland eraily in the monrning before the sun comes and go back later day when the su goes down then its not bad ive been to were i live its gets up to 100 diaereses
    I have a problem with dyslexia, but if you will please bear with me, I would love to participate in the conversations here at MiceChat. Thanks for your understanding! - Matthttp://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo[URL=http://www.youtube.com/user/MrDisneylandfan4ever?feature=mhumfeature=mhum#p/u"]http://www.youtube.com/user/matt4mickey123?feature=mhum#p/u[/U- Mattșoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șoș șo[disneyland repctive of the wedsday show dca eathen brithday 282 by mickeyfan4ever1234, on Flickr

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by litoljon View Post
    Red the fire truck hangs out in the area towards bug's land. His hose spits out every few seconds with a similar stream to that of the water spouts found at bug's land water park.
    There will be an interactive show with Red that brings a kid from the audience to help water the plants, then the whole audience starts to get wet.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast