Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Re: Man it is hot in Cars Land

Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    There will be an interactive show with Red that brings a kid from the audience to help water the plants, then the whole audience starts to get wet.
    Red must just been hanging out under the shade during AP previews. Perhaps he also thought it was a bit hot out there to perform.

The strip of road isn't that long and there seems to be plenty of shady spots. It's really the main road that will be hotter than normal but then again, you're in a desert. Everything else seems to have shade and more trees than a desert would have imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    No, Anaheim's average temperature in August is 86, and daily summer temps above 100 are common (the record high was 108 in 2004). On the "Carsland Concrete Griddle" it'll regularly get well above 100.
    You're reaching.

• Minion

I'd predict that Carsland will be hugely popular in the evenings once the sun goes down, but on hot days, people may stick to shady areas of Disneyland. Intellicast.com lists these as the average high temperatures for Anaheim... June: 79. July: 84. August: 86. September: 85. October: 80. These are the averages, and thus they show an average high temperature of 84.8 for the period of June through October. The record highs, on the other hand, are 104 on June 27, 1990. 107 on July 22 and 23, 2006. 102 on August 12, 1994 and August 30, 1998. 108 on September 5, 2004 and September 30, 1999. (108 being the highest temperature recorded in Anaheim, at least according to Intellicast.com.) Even 101 as late as October 20, 1999. And what temperature was it on July 17, 1955?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Just got back from the AP preview. On breezy, cool days when we have the marine layer, like today, Carsland will be very comfortable. When it finally heats up this Summer, there are places to duck out of the heat, and most of the ride queues are covered. I think if the stand by line for the racers is 2 hours, quite a bit of that longer queue may well be out in the heat, but that's what the fast pass machines will be for. I think the warmest spot will be in front of Flo's and if you linger in that area you will indeed fry. The thing to keep in mind is that you are only a short walk from everywhere else in the park, and if it gets too hot, walk over and get a sundae from Ghiradelli's or a beverage from one of the Pacific Wharf eateries. You don't HAVE to stand in line in the sun at the Cozy Cone. There is PLENTY of shade just steps away at the wharf if you can't find room at flo's, etc.

Either way, it WILL get hot this Summer and it will be up to us to find spots to keep cool once Carsland's shady spots are taken. Just remember that Carsland is pretty much surrounded by shady spots from Bugsland all the way out to the pier.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
    You're reaching.
    With extra long arms.

I'm not sure how this strip of asphalt is any better than Cars Land's?

• Minion

Pavement and rock work create a microclimate that is hotter than the surrounding shady areas. Carsland appears to have a lot of light-colored surfaces which will reflect light and heat, so not only do you have the ambient temperature of Anaheim, but also the direct sunlight and the reflected light/heat of the surfaces - adding up to a lot of heat sources on a hot summer or fall day. Add the Santa Ana winds of the fall and it will truly feel like a desert there. Just hope they fertilize and water those trees like mad to get them to grow like crazy...

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    With extra long arms.

I'm not sure how this strip of asphalt is any better than Cars Land's?
    Not to mention MS is longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    Pavement and rock work create a microclimate that is hotter than the surrounding shady areas. Carsland appears to have a lot of light-colored surfaces which will reflect light and heat, so not only do you have the ambient temperature of Anaheim, but also the direct sunlight and the reflected light/heat of the surfaces - adding up to a lot of heat sources on a hot summer or fall day. Add the Santa Ana winds of the fall and it will truly feel like a desert there. Just hope they fertilize and water those trees like mad to get them to grow like crazy...
    Mission accomplished!

I don't doubt the planned show with Red the firetruck will be put to good use, then. I wouldn't expect 100% of Cars Land to be open during those previews. They know how quickly word spreads on the Internet and how much we as Disney park fans would be analyzing the expansion even before it officially opened Gotta keep some things a surprise for when they're going to be really appreciated.

•   
    • Minion

I'm sure it's been mentioned but when it's hot at DLR it's hot doesn't matter which land you are in. Even in the shade it isn't much better. It's a desert theme what do people want redwood tress lol Will be perfect right after you go on GRR

I am sure if we all take a deep breath it will be ok. Go enjoy the new land I will be there when it's hot, cold, windy, rainy whatever! If you really hate it then go to a bugs land next door plenty of shade there!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345