Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Goofy

Re: Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco21 View Post
    Replacing ALL the backlit star pictures in the queue with LCD screens that portray a space station (like the screens for star tours) and replacing the current screens with higher quality LCD ones would benefit the ride year round. Also add in a hand animatronic that reaches out to grab you (the projection one has the space around the hand also lit which detracts from the thrill). Redo the loading station video to include video footage of the last crew to travel into the galaxy before they dissapeared (think Appollo 18) and a commander explaining that your mission is to discover what happened to them. Also add some props showing the remains of the this crews ship (with giant claw marks on it) out on the roof of Captain EO.
    i like that one

• I can't stand you.

Definitely adding some eerie transmissions would add more to the "Haunted" vibe I mean I love the ride how it is I always look forward to GG but little effects could have a huge impact on the general theme of the ride. Like the tv monitors being "interrupted" and going static or the lights flickering.

I second the idea of something being done with the outside queue though, I don't know what but something is missing..sorry Im not trying to sound selfish I'll gladly take GG how it is though too

Well, the scary lights and sound are a big addition to the outside on the roof of Space Mountain, thats actually the best part. I am more concerned with how the inside is identical to the normal version. The big screen in the load area does go blank with "lost contact" or whatever, but they could to A LOT more with that, and with little cost. Add some new voice overs and make the lights flicker and fade now then ala Indiana Jones., power disruption, or stuff along those lines. Make a big difference, so simple, not expensive and would fit the whole theme.

Agree with everyone's thoughts on the queue. I LOVE the projections outside along with the accompanying music. But, the queue itself is pretty much the same. The changes discussed would be great, but I always thought the loading station as a whole could be darkened. Would definitely add more in the scary department.

• Minion

If GG was intended to be scary or at least to spook you, It didn't. The problem is, part of the experience of watching a scary movie is the suspense of not seeing the actual monster and not knowing what to expect; the unknown.

In GG there is no set up in the queue, except for the warning signs with the Ghouls face on it! Way to give it up Disney!

• I am number 4 of 999

The queue and ride vehicles don't change because you're not supposed to KNOW that the rocket is going to alter course and the ghost is going to attack you! I would be really surprised to know if the average every day park guest even realizes that there's something wrong with the screen in the loading station. Now obviously the outside has to have signs because Disney doesn't want to mislead people into thinking they're going to be riding Space Mountain, but I DO NOT think the queue needs to change.

Which means they can spend whatever budget they approve on the projections!! (Those I believe need a little help...)
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

I'm also a Ghost Galaxy fan. Though I think it could do a much better job of setting up the story in the queue.

My suggestions are simple and would make a big difference:

- add red siren lights and emergency notification sounds in the indoor portion of the queue.
    - make announcements in the queue warning all staff that to practice extreme caution and that ships have gone missing.
    - make announcements calling on emergency research vessel crews to report to the launch bay immediately.
    - as your rocket prepares to launch, you should hear a spiel that emplores you to find out what is going on and to be careful, something dreadful is out there in space.

That's really it. They just need to set up the story while you are waiting in queue. It doesn't have to cost Disney nearly anything and would really enhance the tension and fun.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Parking Lot > DCA

I agree with Dusty. If they can add a little more story to the queue it would be awesome. Other than that I don't really have any complaints. I like the GG overlay because it's something different for a while. It's nice to mix it up every so often.

Of they could find a way with all the fans in there to have projection effects you pass through--like the ghost tries to grab you--that would be fun.

Unfortumately it'll look like the branch/rats in Indiana Jones.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I'm also a Ghost Galaxy fan. Though I think it could do a much better job of setting up the story in the queue.

My suggestions are simple and would make a big difference:

- add red siren lights and emergency notification sounds in the indoor portion of the queue.
    - make announcements in the queue warning all staff that to practice extreme caution and that ships have gone missing.
    - make announcements calling on emergency research vessel crews to report to the launch bay immediately.
    - as your rocket prepares to launch, you should hear a spiel that emplores you to find out what is going on and to be careful, something dreadful is out there in space.

That's really it. They just need to set up the story while you are waiting in queue. It doesn't have to cost Disney nearly anything and would really enhance the tension and fun.
    yet again Dusty amazes us and makes us wonder why he isnt an imagineer

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

So, I am a totally lame teenager who hates haunted houses, corn mazes, anything of the like. Do you think Ghost Galaxy would scare me? Or would it just be a little creepiness, that I can still enjoy? I'm a little worried honestly :/

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    So, I am a totally lame teenager who hates haunted houses, corn mazes, anything of the like. Do you think Ghost Galaxy would scare me? Or would it just be a little creepiness, that I can still enjoy? I'm a little worried honestly :/
    if youre afraid of that ghost galaxy might make you wet yourself lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by theworldneedscolor View Post
    Do you like space mountain? If space mountain in general doesn't bother you I would give it a shot. It is a bit loud though. I don't find the attraction remotely scary as GG but it is a neat experience.

• Splash On In

Not a fan and also avoid Space Mountain during the month of October. Apart from the exterior effects, the ride effects are ugly and uninspired and the music ear-piercingly AWFUL. Not opposed to a Halloween overlay, but this one sucks. It was born in Hong Kong Disneyland so not really surprised, please leave it in that garbage heap.

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    Do you like space mountain? If space mountain in general doesn't bother you I would give it a shot. It is a bit loud though. I don't find the attraction remotely scary as GG but it is a neat experience.
    Thanks fo your input! Space Mountain is one of my favorite rides, so I think I'm just gonna have to toughin up and give it a shot. :P

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast