Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Future Imagineer! =D

Re: Cars Land Thoughts?

Loved the architecture of Cars Land! It all felt real and awesome

RSR was a good ride! We went to the 1-5 AP preview, we got in about 12:45 and were off RSR by 1:05. I was impressed. Good job, Disney! However, I do feel they need to turn up some of the volume in the dark ride portion. Some of the things were getting muffled together and I have perfect hearing.

Flew over to Luigi's and stood in line for 10 minutes! It was a fun ride for a 10 minute wait, but never more than that. Later in the day the wait was an hour!!! No thank you.

We then went over to Mater's and were on and off in maybe 10 minutes, I think less. Again, a fun ride for a super super short wait or if you have little kids.

Most of all, I loved the architecture and the feel of the land. Oh yeah, and the cast member costumes!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I loved it. This is a true Disney quality land and will be an anchor that DCA sorely needed. Radiator Springs Racers... among the TOP of all Disney attractions world wide.

Luigi's... is fun. I'll do it as often as I'm able to... as long as the line is 30 minutes or less. Tip for the ladies... don't ride this if you're wearing a skirt. You won't know what your legs are doing while you're leaning from side to side.

Mater's has more thrill than I expected and is simple well-themed fun. It basically makes Francis Lady Bug Boogie even more pointless though.

Food... all is great. Love it.

Overall... fantastic land. Would have loved for another attraction though... at least a D-Ticket.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

I am a little confused about the time line of Carsland. I read a while back that Carsland takes place between both movies. Does this still hold true? I thought it was before Cars2 since Doc was still around town.

Then I was looking at photos from Luigi's Flying Tires queue and found a photo of the Hudson Hornet Piston Cup, a photo from Cars2 with Lightning and his entire pit crew with allinol and the WGP race. I then saw a poster of Max Schnell, WGP Porto Corsa poster with Francesco, a Tokyo poster with Tordoroki.

Just really confused. Anyone shed some light on this or know who they can ask to get a response?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Herc View Post
    I am a little confused about the time line of Carsland. I read a while back that Carsland takes place between both movies. Does this still hold true? I thought it was before Cars2 since Doc was still around town.

Then I was looking at photos from Luigi's Flying Tires queue and found a photo of the Hudson Hornet Piston Cup, a photo from Cars2 with Lightning and his entire pit crew with allinol and the WGP race. I then saw a poster of Max Schnell, WGP Porto Corsa poster with Francesco, a Tokyo poster with Tordoroki.

Just really confused. Anyone shed some light on this or know who they can ask to get a response?
    It's just inconsistent, the Imagineers said they just wanted to have Doc on the ride, but make the land keep up with the movies more. They have said RSR is set after the first movie while the town is set after the second movie.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    It's just inconsistent, the Imagineers said they just wanted to have Doc on the ride, but make the land keep up with the movies more. They have said RSR is set after the first movie while the town is set after the second movie.
    I've only seen the second movie once, but I vaguely recall there being some sort of statue or memorial for Doc. They should add that to Carsland.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    I've only seen the second movie once, but I vaguely recall there being some sort of statue or memorial for Doc. They should add that to Carsland.
    I don't think they would want to do that because it would confuse people even further. I personally wish that CARS 2 had nothing to do with Doc Hudson. Send him off to see the world or something. But killing the character is now a big headache logistically in the land.

• Minion

I didn't ride it but based on the videos. I think they could of improved on the projected eyes. it's obviously projected.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DannyLand View Post
    I didn't ride it but based on the videos. I think they could of improved on the projected eyes. it's obviously projected.
    It's not the eyes that needs adjusting. They look fine while you're on the ride. It's the projected mouths that don't always look right.

RSR - Awesome and the queue is probably one of the most comfortable at any Disney park (lots of shade and fans to keep people cool), although the overflow queue looks like it'll be pretty uncomfortable on a hot day. I was a little disappointed by the Tail Light Caverns since they looked really cool in the concept art, but in practice the area they are in is just too bright even at night.
    Mater's Junkyard Jamboree - Fun and well-themed, but nothing special. I think Francis' Ladybug Boogie might actually be slightly more thrilling. I place this in the same category as the teacups and Silly Symphonies Swings: worth a ride if the line is short, but not a must-ride.
    Luigi's - Pretty fun and nice queue. I liked it more than MJJ. The slow load time ruins an otherwise decent little ride. Plus the area where you have to gather around the CM to hear directions on how to control your tire is annoying since people use the opportunity to jump up a couple spots in line. The process for loading and unloading a guest that requires special assistance does look very dangerous for the CMs though.
    Mater's Petting Zoo - Not really an "attraction" but it made me LOL.

Flo's - My new favorite non-sit down place at either park! Finally a place at DCA for a more filling, hearty meal (think DL's Plaza Inn). The apple-cheddar pie was a nice surprise.
    Cones - A mess of lines. They should consider getting rid of the popcorn cone and adding an extra chili cone since those seem to be the most popular. They can set up a popcorn cart in the area with the flavored popcorn since one of the main draws of popcorn is seeing and smelling it as it pops, which can't do when it's being made in a cone.
    Fillmore's - A pretty nice set up, although I wish Disney would realize that healthy snacks can mean more than prepackaged fruit and pickles.

Sarge's - Yes, the toys there are kind of generic, but I can see a Cars fan going crazy over this store. Hopefully they'll add more variety here in the future.
    Curios - I actually understand why they would carry generic Disney Parks merchandise here: it is supposed to be the new primary pin/vinyl store for DCA so the focus is on the pins. Personally, I don't think it is a good location for a pin store.
    Ramone's - Lots of Carsland specific stuff in here, but nothing really caught my eye. Too much of the stuff is aimed at males. My sister wanted a souvenir, but couldn't find anything she wanted. I also wanted a souvenir, but a lot of the stuff was inspired by lowrider/car club culture which looks great, but isn't something that would fit my style. Too bad they couldn't have had some of the anime inspired art from the Tokyo portion of Cars 2. They had some of that stuff in the Luigi's queue and people were pointing at it and saying how cute it looked.

I entered from Bug's Land the first time and I actually liked how you get a slow reveal of the land instead of seeing the most impressive stuff first if you came the other way.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by clippers6 View Post
    Sarge's - Yes, the toys there are kind of generic, but I can see a Cars fan going crazy over this store. Hopefully they'll add more variety here in the future.

I'm gonna go ahead and disagree with ya right there. This is where you buy the exclusive CARS LAND vehicles, exclusive to this park.

Radiator Springs Racers (four colors) as well as Mater's Junkyard Jamboree vehicles.

Disneyland has long been ignored in getting specific merchandise. If and when we got something attraction related, it would always be the Walt Disney World version with a "Disneyland" slapped on the box. NOT THE CASE HERE. These cars, in scale with the Mattel CARS you can buy at any TARGET are exclusive to Disney California Adventure and far from generic.

I didn't see any of the exclusive toys while I was there, although admittedly I didn't get to look around for very long so maybe I missed them or they pulled them off the shelves. I have seen the toys they posted on Disney Parks Blog: the die-cast RSR cars, the baby tractors, and the Flying Tire. I actually wouldn't mind getting some of those, but I didn't see them during the previews. I did see lots of the Disney Parks exclusive Cars with the characters wearing mouse ears and Goofy hats, but those aren't Carsland exclusive.

Personally, I don't mind having a large toy store with a ton of Cars stuff in Carsland, even if some of the toys are the same ones you can get at Target. I've actually been looking for a Guido (my favorite character) toy so I'll be in there once Carsland opens to see if they have one whether he's Carsland exclusive or not. If they ever release a Cars monorail toy, I'll be first in line.

Went to the AP preview last night and here are my thoughts.

The Rides:

Radiator Springs Racers - Amazing, absolutely amazing from start to finish. Only waited about 5-10 minutes for our first ride at 6pm AP preview and was not disappointed in any way. Unfortunately, it broke down just after we got off and didn't come back up for roughly 3 hours. We then did single rider 2 times with 10 and 30 minute waits. Got to experience both Luigi's and Ramone's before the race started...both were very cool. Easily in the top 5 rides in the resort.

Luigi's - Pretty disappointed with this. Only waited about 5 minutes for our first and only ride and it just didn't do anything for me. Figured out how to get it moving for the most part but even when I did, it was still pretty boring. Not a ride I'd wait more than 10-15 minutes to ride.

Mater's - Better than Luigi's but still nothing fantastic. Theming is great but the ride is just your standard "whip" ride. They do need to put some padding on the sides of the seats. My youngest slid around a bit and said it hurt hitting the sides. My kids did love it so as an attraction that the whole family can ride, it's scores well. It's just not my cup of tea.

Food:

Didn't get a chance to try anything even with the short lines. Very interesting mix at Flo's and the Cozy Cone and a welcome addition to the resort as a whole. Definitely not your typical them park food which could be challenging for people trying to find a burger or something more simple. Can't see our family eating much here with the two picky eaters we've got but the wife and I would try when on our own.

Merchandise:
    Alot of Carsland merch, just nothing that screamed for me to buy. I did like the sweatshirst with the attraction posters on the back but wasn't willing to $hell out the ca$h. Beyond that, the typical Disney parks merchandise (Pins, Vinyl, etc.)

Overall:
    The most immersive area I've ever experienced in any Disney park. Beautiful in every way and really shows what Disney does best and in some cases has forgotten to do recently. One suggestion, enter Radiator Springs through the Pacific Warf versus the main street in RS. You truly get a sense of how amazing and giant the area is once you go under that arch. Completely jaw dropping. Disney has it it out of the park from the perpspective of an immersive environment but 2 of the 3 rides just didn't resonate with me. Does that make them bad, no...just not my cup of tea.

We also got to spend a couple of hours on Buena Vista Street and was blow away again. Truly beautiful. I can't wait to experience it with crowds (ala main street), no walls and the Red Car Trolley running. And don't miss they hand dipped Ice Cream Bars...they are fantastic. Still need to try the handmade marshmallows though...saving that for our trip next week.

While not perfect, these changes have truly made DCA a worthy partner to DL and gone a long way to making the resort a destination for vacationers...heck, you may need a week to be able to ride RSR more than a couple of times if the crowds materialize as many suspect they will.

• The Lucky Rabbit

I think that Carsland design is absolutely hypnotic and they hit it out of the park with that. RSR was fun and the animatronics was fantastic. I know in another post some people were complaining about not being able to pick up speed in the Flying Tires, I actually had the opposite problem of not being able to slow down. Mater's was fun and I think they have a good variety of different foods which will definitely motivate more people into this area of the park. Overall a good experience so far.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

• Minion

Practically ever since Carsland was announced, I've been posting on this site, must have been 10 times by now, that they should have moved Autopia over to the new Carsland. What better application for Autopia could there possibly be? They could have made the cars electric, styled each car individually to a character from the films, and had the cars talk to you, saying funny things as you drive. They should have designed Autopia into the infrastructure of Carsland from the beginning, winding it around and intertwining with the other attractions, passing close by the other attractions, shops and restaurants, similar to how it intertwines with the PeopleMover and Monorail tracks and skirts the submarine lagoon. How fun would it be to walk around Carsland, and everywhere you look, there are CARS in motion, driven by happy guests? Kids would be begging their parents to go on them. With a long track, a lot of cars and many loading spots they could have moved a lot of guests per hour. And a junior Autopia for the little ones. What should you see when you're in Carsland? CARS! This would be a revival of the classic Disneyland style of building an immersive realm, then giving the guest a choice of several ways to enjoy it. Rivers of America once had 5 different watercraft. Nature's Wonderland once had 4 ways to see it. Casey Jr. and Canal Boats share the same real estate. Tomorrowland once had Autopia, Monorail, PeopleMover, Motor Boats and Submarines all in the same general area. The land itself is an immersive attraction and they give you different ways to enjoy it. And waving to people on other attractions was part of the fun. They should have continued this tradition with Carsland by integrating Autopia into it. And this would have been the best thing to ever happen to Autopia - giving it a whole new lease on life at age 57. They should have integrated Autopia into the design of Carsland from the very beginning. It would have made the land full of life and motion in every corner. But did they listen to their customers? No, they listened to Chevron.

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Luigi's... is fun. I'll do it as often as I'm able to... as long as the line is 30 minutes or less. Tip for the ladies... don't ride this if you're wearing a skirt. You won't know what your legs are doing while you're leaning from side to side.
    My interest in this attraction is much higher than it was previously

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast