Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Cars Land Thoughts?

^^
    Personally feels like that would be a step backwards. Take a brand new, amazingly immersive land and put in an attraction that is as you say 57 years old, regardless of whether you are using electric cars versus gas. Once RSR was built, you had the "Cars" or driving component and another set of Cars would have been a bit redundant IMO.

They have taken such a big step forward with this land that an Autopia Cars attraction would have truly diminished what they have created here. I can only imagine what the uproar would be if they would have transplanted a new version of Autopia into DCA versus all new attractions. It would be Carsmageddon.

We went yesterday too. It is like a move everyone makes a bigger deal out of it then what it is. You listen to everyone and going into it you think your going to see better then what you are thinking. That is why I don't listen but the rides are fun. I was and still think it was fun and they did a great job on it. The kids loved it. As for the Luigis I didn't find it hard to controll it. As some did and I was thinking oh great that is going to be me and my 1 year old little girl not moving but it went well. One thing I did find dumb was the balls on the ride a lot of people were having trouble trying to get a ball since you can't stand up and get a ball. Any one else have that problem? But I respect what you are saying and hey everyone feels different.

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 05:07 PM ----------

BTW does anyone know what they where filming for? My son was laugh yesterday and they put the camera right in his face as he was laughing at the cars go by.

• Minion

No, Autopia is perfect for Carsland because it brings the element of fun. Kids don't care about scenery, theming or cute signs. Kids like activity. Autopia doesn't have $350 million worth of fancy rock work or clever signs, yet it has lasted for 57 years because it's FUN for kids. To have Autopia winding through Carsland would make the place truly fun instead of just pretty to look at. You want activity, you want motion and life, you want fun and involvement. You want people to write to their friends, "We had so much fun there" instead of what we're reading, "It's so impressive..." bla bla bla. A two-way track where you pass by other guests driving cars the other direction, that winds in and around the other attractions and even around eating areas. Maybe even some puddles, tumbleweeds, rough spots in the road or other hazards typical of desert driving. This type of activity and invovlement is what creates the immersiveness. Otherwise it's just all show.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ChurroMan View Post
    My interest in this attraction is much higher than it was previously

Dang it, I just made the line for this longer.

As for the Autopia, that's an aged Disneyland classic that regardless of upgrades have failed to attract guests of all ages who don't have little kids. BUT, it remains popular. It also hasn't been upgraded to the standards guests are expecting from a place like "tomorrowland". Hong Kong's autopia cars are electric. Why aren't Disneyland's?

Now... looking at how nicely themed CARS LAND is, imagine if you were able to drive your own electric car that has a personality and driving through lush turrain and atmosphere? Wouldn't that be the ULTIMATE draw? It would cover a huge foot print of course but it would also make too much sense. Pixar would also need to create their own set of Electric Car characters which would obviously sell their own merchandise.

Now... if you're still against that, picture Tomorrowland freed up with that space to build something truly E-Ticket worthy. Something totally futuristic, science fiction... something that really belongs there.

Autopia in Cars Land makes sense. But I understand the argument against it. It's one of Walt's originals. But you know what... it's changed so much that it's far from what Walt pictured it as anyhow.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• Minion

I want them to make a new land with an oceanic theme, from the submarines north to Small World, including both. That would mean getting Autopia out of there, though I'd be fine with the Monorail and PeopleMover tracks remaining. I'm sure if they just plan got rid of Autopia without reopening it somewhere else, there would be an uproar. Although I haven't ridden Autopia in at least 20 years, I understand its popularity with kids and its status as an original iconic Disneyland attraction. But it really has no theme and is not futuristic and doesn't really belong in Tomorrowland any more. I would have no problem with moving it over to Carsland, which would be a ready-made theme for it... to have the cars as characters from the film and even talk to you, making funny remarks when something happens like if you bang into the side of the track, and so forth. However that I think it's too late to move it now, because if they were going to, they should have smoothly, seamlessly integrated it into the design of Carsland in the first place. So that it would look like it was there all along. Adding it now would probably be ugly with a pasted-on look. So they blew it by not including Autopia in the design of Carsland.

• keh!

I don't think they blew it at all by not including Autopia and Cars Land. I prefer Cars Land how it is now than if it were to have Autopia. It is definitely a step backwards if they were to close it at Disneyland and bring it to DCA. Just take the entire thing out and don't replace it. It needs to go. Just because it would conveniently make sense in Cars Land doesn't mean it must be done.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123