Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Cars Land Thoughts?

Just got back from the Ap preview and I have a feeling that I will get shot down but Disney kind of missed the mark on the Land. 3 Rides Maters , Racers and Luigis. Maters was fund but the ride duration is way way to short once the ride really gets moving it ends. Racers LOVED IT the inside could have been a little slower other than that a GREAT Ride. Luigis I have a feeling this ride wont last past a year way to hard and breaks down alot and boring no matter which direction we turned the Tire Did not MOVE who ever approved this ride needs to go back to the drawing board and re think that one. I have a real concern for the Dinning of the Land how are they going to handle the crowds of daily operation when they could not even handle this small amount of people. The food lines did not move and were unorganized plan and simple. For this land to thrive with 3 rides like these I really hope the have more in the pipeline because they are going to need it when people are dissapointed about waiting so long for this.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: Cars Land Thoughts?

remember that the previews were a test for the CMs so it may be different in the coming weeks

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

True about the CMs hope they do but opening day is not far away and a ride like Luigis should never make this far to be a final product they dropped the ball on that one.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

maybe they wont next time

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

They nedd another ride soon for that land like a history AA show about route 66 through the eyes of the town I dont know if that would work but they need something else.

• No Disassemble!

I also feel that radiator springs racers could have been more slow inside the show building. I thought that I'd be disappointed by the racing speed but i wasn't and it was all because the exterior was absolutely hypnotic. I actually thought that i was going faster than i was. Say what people may about the technical shortcomings of RSR but I salute the people that designed, constructed, painted, and planted that attraction.

Mater's and Luigi's were meh. They will be great attractions once their lines go down to 5 minutes regularly.

Flo's is a much needed sit down restaurant for that quadrant of the park and the food isn't half bad either. Sarg's seemed to be most meaningful of the shops while the others all seemed to sell the same items + a handful of specialty things. Filmore's was a little bare looking to me but then again it's just a glorified fruit cart. Cozy cones were well themed but I didn't try the food.

Overall I give Carsland an A-. To me theming matters and Carsland has plenty of it, it's the kind of place I don't mind just walking around in, day or night. Rradiator Springs Racers is a fantastic ride and will be great one after they tweak it to satisfactory customer pleasing levels. So why the minus? There are no rides that you can take babies on.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by WDW FAN 88 View Post
    Just got back from the Ap preview and I have a feeling that I will get shot down but Disney kind of missed the mark on the Land. 3 Rides Maters , Racers and Luigis. Maters was fund but the ride duration is way way to short once the ride really gets moving it ends. Racers LOVED IT the inside could have been a little slower other than that a GREAT Ride. Luigis I have a feeling this ride wont last past a year way to hard and breaks down alot and boring no matter which direction we turned the Tire Did not MOVE who ever approved this ride needs to go back to the drawing board and re think that one. I have a real concern for the Dinning of the Land how are they going to handle the crowds of daily operation when they could not even handle this small amount of people. The food lines did not move and were unorganized plan and simple. For this land to thrive with 3 rides like these I really hope the have more in the pipeline because they are going to need it when people are dissapointed about waiting so long for this.
    Just rode all three rides tonight with the family.

Mater, perfect length, good ride, quick loading times, so quick lines. This will be a hit since its fun, and lines will move quickly.

Luigi, ride much better than expected. Both my wife with a daughter and myself and other daughter were screaming across the floor. Learned on my first try to lean, but not to far. If u start to feel yourself bottom out, you lean a bit less. Also, best to lean in the direction you are already moving just a bit. Problem with the ride is loading times are very slow and expect lines to always be over 1 hour.

RSR, was good. Kids loved, wife loved, me, just good, not great. 2nd time a bit better than first since expectations weren't so high. Will always FP and the view is amazing.

Cars Land in general is great. Easily the best land now in DCA.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

To be fair......most money went into making the land look AMAZING and the big E ticket...the other rides are kinda...fillers and are small enough that while are not the best will make kids/some parents happy

As for the Food lines...yeah they need to pick it up...30 mins for food? Crazy

Also remember there are rumors of a D ticket type attraction coming one day to the land (a coaster similar to the Dwarfs Mine Carts) and the cool Drive in Theater. New Orleans only opened with ONE new ride (though an amazing one at that) and besides that had just a few shops...sometimes you need to give it time to grow

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Amazing!

The rockwork speaks for itself (extremely impressive), great landscaping, fun music in the background music, hyper themed and detailed. They've really captured the essence of Route 66 culture in this land. The food was delicious! Flo's had that wonderful 50's/60's diner look with great Motown hits on playing throughout and the Cozy Cone thoroughly captured the Route 66 kitsch to a tee! Fillmore's was also really fun and the stores were all great themed. Mater's packs quite a punch with great theming, fun/catchy toe tappin music, and a real thrill on it. Luigi's was better than i expected. I caught on quick and really had nice control of the tire so it was very fun for me. RSR...really a perfect ride. The queue is amazingly detailed and very atmospheric. The ride itself has a wonderful music score, breathtaking views, huge detailed sets with some of the best AA's I've ever seen (they really made me go WOW), a great balance of relaxing and frantic pace before the race, great characters and story, and the thrilling race that packs quite a punch. Nothing beats being in that side by side race around the rock work with the accelerations, dips, and banked turns all packing quite a punch. Then there's the beautiful cavern with the Taillight Caverns, pictographs, and stone structures. This definitely has become my new favorite attraction at the resort and is an all around great attraction. It hits it on every level.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

they should move Autopia there

• The Monkey's Uncle

Just returned from Sun 8-12pm preview.

(All construction walls still up) Buena Vista Street - Impressive and immersive detail and really sets the tone when you first enter the park. Red Trolley was parked and as we all flooded in to this section during this mornings preview. Didn't see (or missed) the new Walt n Mickey statue at the entrance. It really will make you forget what once was the entrance area... you will see the money spent on detail. My expectations have been the money spent didn't necessarily mean spending it on an attraction rather balancing it with the DETAILS. 98% of everyone entering this morning made a b-line to end of BV street (near Carthay circle) so that they could continue onto RSR. I was included and unfortunately didn't have the time to circle back through BVS when leaving.

We were all slowly walked behind the BVS walls out around the fountain and up the normal parade route (const walls still up around perimeter of Carsland) past Ghiridellis (sp) entering Carsland through the rock archway end of the land. Entering from this side was by far visually better than entering near the intended entrance near Blue Sky cellar. The view of the rockwork is breathtaking. The scale of the everything is more than I expected. Short walk and we were at the intersection of Luigis, Flos and Ramon's Shop. Headed to RSR and waited approx 25 mins with one ride stoppage during the wait. They announced the stoppage and restored the cycle in about 10mins.

RSR

Ride was impressive. Easy going during the first part of the attraction and then it picks up. NOTE: MiceChatters with little ones should ask for the front or seat the child on the side of the vehicle if sitting in the back row. They will not be able to see much of the interior animatronics in the center seat...rather they will get a view as you somewhat quickly pass by the scene.

Rode it twice entering both Luigi and Ramone scenes before racing other vehicle. Both scenes are entertaining. Won one race, lost on the second ride. Watched other vehicles finish after I exited and Left and right tracks can win. Its not always right or left.

Would I wait an hour to hour 1/2 to ride... Yes.

Luigis

Wait sign posted was 30 mins but we entered the queue and stopped where the MIRROR is in the show room and our wait was more like 45 to 1hr. Cast Members acknowledged the slow riders per hour capacity at 400 or less. As indicated by other posts, load and unload is slow, made even slower when disabled guests (no disrespect intended..just observation) have to be loaded /unloaded in a special loading bay. (CMs have to manually push a tire over, open a special gate, lower platform and help guest) Repeat routine to remove guest after ride cycle is over.

Again... CMs go overboard (in a positive way) to try to get all riders to understand how to control the tire before you board.

Ride was FUN for myself, wife and child. We were able get the tire going with ease and picked up about 3 beach balls during the cycle. Would I wait another 1hour to do it again..... no. 15-30mins yes.

Maters Junkyard Jamboree

5 mins wait. Theming is fun but ride seemed short. There are 3 ride tables that your vehicle transitions over during the ride cycle. We made across all three only maybe 1 - 1 1/2 times and then the ride ended. As reported by others... ride capacity is about 1400 guests per hour. The special rare music track "Dad Gum" (sp) cycles in about every 9 or more ride cycles... (According to CM working). I didn't hear it.

Cone Motel.

Crazy amount of theming. Everything is "coney". Great!! Bought the 16oz cone cup of soda / 32oz also available.. Everyone was holding one of these. This will be a hot seller. Was not impressed by Lighting popcorn container.

Sarges Surplus Hut / Curio Store (Sorry if not referenced correctly)
    Merchandise.... nice. Theming is detailed.

Ramones Store

Nice merchandise... though they have already outgrown the measly space they were given. They couldn't handle the small amount of people in there and it looked like a going out of business sale at "Zody's". (Yes... I said Zody's....all you old timers..chuckle if you remember). The cash wrap queue was all over and going out the door.

Overall... I think they did a great job and the land will have legs to stand on...though I think Luigi's tires will run out tread and go flat quicker than they thought.

I'm pretty sure the restaurants were slow because they were only running to serve a smaller group of people. Once it opens, I'm pretty sure they will be running full throttle.
    DisneyTwins
    Since May 2003

• 10 Year Annual Passholder

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    they should move Autopia there
    This.

^Art by me!^
    Check out my
    Flickr page for a selection of my Disneyland Resort photography (and more)! {new photos 9.13.14}
    You can purchase a selection of my photos as well as clothing and stickers designed by me at my RedBubble page.
    Visit my
    Tumblr blog for another way to view and share my photos.
    Radiator Springs Racers ride count: 19

• Banned User

People keep saying to move the Autopia there, but um, there is no freakin room for that size of a ride from what I can see. I know they have land back there behind TOT, but I rathere see something NEW there frankly and again I dont know how much room they would have for the Autopia there anyway.

Keep Autopia where it is because the reality is it would never get moved anyway and it would feel a bit redundant to have two car rides in the area. I know Autopia is different obviously but it would still feel redundant. That said, it would be fun to make a car attraction to explore other parts of RSR and even the caverns they hinted to in RSR! But there are other ways to do that though.

• I am number 4 of 999

Thoughts:

Radiator Springs Racers: During the show scene, music is playing in your car while the dialogue is coming from the characters, making it hard to hear what they're saying/follow the story. Obviously, I get the gist, but I would actually like to HEAR it, and be able to follow along with the intended story. Also, the Doc Hudson animatronic scares the bejeezus out of me. Do not ask me why, it just does. Everything else is STELLAR! I am seriously going to ride this ride over and over and over until my nose bleeds.

Mater's Junkyard Jamboree: Fun! Too short. Maybe once the crowds die down, they will cycle through two songs, instead of one.

Luigi's Flying Tires: I let Mice Chat get the best of me, and didn't ride it based on feedback.

Ramone's and Curios: TINY. I haven't seen anyone mention the snowglobe from Knick Knack on the shelf at Curios, but I think that's AWESOME! I pretty much just went right in and right out of Ramone's. Nothing that I wanted to buy, and did I mention TINY??

Sarge's: BIG. I do not see myself buying anything there. More Mater and Lightning McQueen merchandise than you can shake a stick at.

Flo's: LOVE the music. Food was OK. Unfortunately, thinly sliced meat such as what they are serving gets ice cold fairly quickly...also, I can't remember exactly, but I think my mashed potatoes had beef gravy by default, when I ordered turkey as a main course and I HATE that.

Cozy Cone: the decor is OUTSTANDING!! I can't see eating the food there, past trying the bread cones once just to say I have. It's odd to me to have a permanent structure to serve churros and popcorn, but that's me.

Entering through the Pacific Warf: AMAZING!
    Exiting through Bug's Land: not... amazing... at all

The land as a whole is gorgeous and SO FUN! Definitely not deserving of old Disney's California Adventure, but a worthwhile addition to NEW Disney California Adventure! (I like to refer to them as "BC" "before Cars Land" and "AC" "after Cars Land".)
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast