Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Buena Vista Street Dining — Information, photos and more

The New Disney California Adventure > Buena Vista Street > Dining

Below, you'll find information about the dining available in Buena Vista Street. We encourage you to leave your photos, comments and reviews below. Let us know what you like most and what to avoid. You're thoughts and tips will help others plan their Disney vacations.

Carthay Circle Restaurant
    Buena Vista Street's premier dining location.

Restaurant storyline: The Carthay Circle Theatre, home of the world premiere of “Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs” in 1937 is the landmark building that serves as the inspiration for the spectacular Carthay Circle Theatre that anchors Buena Vista Street. This new landmark for Disney California Adventure Park becomes one of the premier dining locations at Disneyland Resort, the Carthay Circle Restaurant and Lounge. The upstairs Carthay Circle Restaurantand downstairs Carthay Circle Lounge recall the grandeur of the original theater’s 1920s Spanish Revival architecture with custom tiles, plaster arches, custom woodwork and other historic touches. The cuisine is the star of this production with artisan ingredients, locally sourced produce and seafood and meats from throughout Southern California.

Executive Chef: Andrew Sutton

Restaurant Manager: Joy Cushing

Hours: 11 a.m.-10 p.m. daily

Service: Table service. Reservations highly recommended.

Dining Area: 200-seat indoor dining room. 56-seat outdoor terrace.

"World of Color" Offer: Each guest who orders an appetizer and entrée or an entrée and dessert will receive complimentary, center-stage viewing for the “World of Color” nighttime, water spectacular. Lunch guests and guests who have dinner before 7 p.m. will receive tickets to the first “World of Color” show; guess who dine after 7 p.m. will receive tickets to the second show.

Summer Lunch Menu
    Starters Designed to share
    Signature Fire Cracker Duck Wings with Soy, Lime, and Sriracha Chili Sauce 12
    Crispy Gorditas topped with Portobello Mushrooms, Poblano Chili, Queso Fresco, and Pepitas 11
    Grilled Grape Leaves stuffed with Chenel Goal Cheese served with Roasted Garlic and Kalamata Olive-Red Bell Pepper Vinaigrette 13
    Halibut Ceviche with Avocado, Tomatillo-Cilantro Essence, and Crisp Plantain Chips 15
    Ginger Grilled Pork Satay with Green Papaya Slaw and Mango Raita 16
    Summer Seasonal Soup California Grilled Corn and Tomato Broth with Smoked Chicken 10
    Carthay House Biscuits stuffed with White Cheddar, Bacon, and Jalapeno served with Apricot Honey Butter 8

Salads
    Simple Green Salad Warm Brie and Apricot Conserve 11
    Heirloom Tomato Salad Wild Arugula, Parmesan Dressing, and Lemon Olive Oil Sorbet 12
    A New Take on “Liver and Onions" Baby Red and Green Romaine, Savory Fried Chicken Livers, and Lacquered Bacon 16
    Strawberry-Lemon Roasted Organic Chicken Salad Jicama, Haricot Verts, Upland Cress, and Buttermilk-Lemon Vinaigrette 18
    Grilled Angus Flank Steak Cobb Salad Mine Shaft Blue Cheese, Bacon, Avocado, and Arugula with Cabernet Essence 22

Noodles
    Udon Noodle Bowl Red Thai Curry Broth, Shrimp and Mussels, Shiitake Mushrooms, Bok Choy, Daikon, Mint, Cashews, and fresh Coriander 19
    Cavatelli Pasta with a Tuscan-style Braised Lamb Sun-dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Grana Padana in a Rich Lamb Jus 20
    Pappardelle Pasta with House-made Chicken Meatballs Tear Drop Tomatoes, fresh Basil, and Yellow Tomato Essence 18
    Market Pasta Chef's Seasonal selection. Market Price

Fins and Shells
    Sustainable Seafood
    Sauteed Northern Halibut Relish of Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Caperberry, and Orange 34
    Grilled Jamaican Jerked King Fish Tropical Salsa of Pineapple, Mango, Black Beans, and Lime 32
    Sierra Golden Trout Hot Almond-Apricot Couscous and Lemon Chimichurri 32
    Bacon-wrapped Shrimp on Summer Roasted Corn, Grilled Zucchini, and Basil Salsa 26

Sandwiches and Meats
    8 oz. Angus Burger Tillamook Cheddar Cheese, Black Pepper Bacon, and Grilled Onions served with French Fries and House-made Pickles22
    Korean Pulled Pork Sandwich Kimchi, Sriracha Mayo, Sunny Side Egg, and Micro Cilantro 18
    Kobe Beef Cheek Sliders Whipped Horseradish Sour Cream, Red Bell Pepper Marmalade, and Crispy Onions 19
    Grilled Lamb Rolitini Baby Artichokes, Leeks, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Green Olives, and Roasted Garlic Cloves 27
    Pan-roasted Veal Medallions Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches, Haricot Verts, and Roasted Almond Vinaigrette 35

Summer Dinner Menu
    Starters Designed to share
    Signature Fire Cracker Duck Wings with Soy, Lime, and Sriracha Chili Sauce 12
    Crispy Gorditas topped with Portobello Mushrooms, Poblano Chili, Queso Fresco, and Pepitas 11
    Grilled Grape Leaves stuffed with Chenel Goal Cheese served with Roasted Garlic and Kalamata Olive-Red Bell Pepper Vinaigrette 13
    Halibut Ceviche with Avocado, Tomatillo-Cilantro Essence, and Crisp Plantain Chips 15
    Ginger Grilled Pork Satay with Green Papaya Slaw and Mango Raita 16
    Summer Seasonal Soup California Grilled Corn and Tomato Broth with Smoked Chicken 10
    Carthay House Biscuits stuffed with White Cheddar, Bacon, and Jalapeno served with Apricot Honey Butter 8

Garden Salads
    Simple Green Salad Warm Brie and Apricot Conserve 11
    Heirloom Tomato Salad Wild Arugula, Parmesan Dressing, and Lemon Olive Oil Sorbet 12
    Summer Watermelon Salad Cucumber, Gypsy Peppers, Lime Mascarpone, and Honey Sherry Vinaigrette 12
    Strawberry-Lemon Roasted Organic Chicken Salad Jicama, Haricot Verts, Upland Cress, and Buttermilk-Lemon Vinaigrette 18

Noodles
    Udon Noodle Bowl Red Thai Curry Broth, Shrimp and Mussels, Shiitake Mushrooms, Bok Choy, Daikon, Mint, Cashews, and fresh Coriander 19
    Cavatelli Pasta with a Tuscan-style Braised Lamb Sun-dried Tomatoes, Spinach, and Grana Padana in a Rich Lamb Jus 20
    Pappardelle Pasta with House-made Chicken Meatballs Tear Drop Tomatoes, fresh Basil, and Yellow Tomato Essence 18
    Market Pasta Chef's Seasonal selection. Market Price

Fins and Shells
    Sustainable Seafood
    Sauteed Northern Halibut Relish of Roasted Red Bell Pepper, Caperberry, and Orange 34
    Grilled Jamaican Jerked King Fish Tropical Salsa of Pineapple, Mango, Black Beans, and Lime 32
    Sierra Golden Trout Hot Almond-Apricot Couscous and Lemon Chimichurri 32
    Bacon-wrapped Shrimp on Summer Roasted Corn, Grilled Zucchini, and Basil Salsa 26
    The Weekly Bulletin: Blue Belizean Lemon Fish with Braised Fennel, Asparagus, and Sungold Tomato Essence 34

Meats
    Grilled Quail stuffed with Prosciutto Wrapped Peaches, Peach Salsa, Haricot Verts, and Rasted Almond Vinaigrette 29
    Santa Monica Braised Pork Pot Roast Sour Cream Smashed Potatoes, Cipollini Onions, and Bing Cherry-Orange Vinaigrette 31
    Grilled Rib-eye Sauteed Mushrooms and Gremolata of Red Flame Grapes, Blue Cheese, Red Onion, and Parsley 41
    Colorado Rack of Lamb Fried Zucchini Blossom, Fennel Puree, and Summer Succotash 38
    8 oz. Angus Burger Tillamook Cheddar Cheese, Black Pepper Bacon, and Grilled Onions served with French Fries and House-made Pickles 22

Photos:
    Click thumbnails for larger view. Photos may contain spoilers. Photos © Disney.

Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe
    Starbucks coffee drinks, signature sandwiches, savory soups and sweet desserts.

Service: Quick-service.

Dining Area: 134-seat indoor dining room, 44-seat outdoor patio.

Menu:
    Hot Sandwiches
    Served with pickle and house chips
    Roast Beef and Cheddar Sandwich - $9.69
    Tender roast beef, creamy horseradish sauce, cheddar cheese sauce on a garlic-chive bun.

Turkey Rueben Sandwich - $9.69
    Turkey, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and signature sauce on rye bread.

Paneer & Roasted Vegetable Sandwich - $8.99
    Marinated paneer cheese, roasted vegetables and spicy tomato sauce on toasted garlic naan bread.

Cold Sandwiches
    Served with pickle and house chips
    Salami Royale Sandwich - $8.99
    Layers of salami, fennel salami, sopressata, provolone and asiago cheeses, pepperoncini, red onions and olive tapenade on ciabatta bread.

Soup of the Day - $5.49
    Two soups offered daily.

Starbucks Coffee Menu:
    A complete Starbucks beverage, pastry and artisan breakfast sandwich menu is available. Click below for a photo of the beverage menu with prices.

Clarabelle's Hand-Scooped Ice Cream
    Dreyer’s ice cream, including bars dipped in milk or dark chocolate that guests can finish with sprinkles, pop rocks and other fun toppings.

Service: Quick-service

Dining Area: No seating. Seating available next door at Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe or in outdoor courtyard seating.

Menu:
    Scoops & Cups
    Regular Cone/Cup
    Single Scoop $3.69 / Double Scoop $4.19

Waffle Cone/Cup
    Single Scoop $4.19 / Double Scoop $4.79

Dipped Waffle Cone/Cup
    Chocolate or chocolate with sprinkles
    Single Scoop $4.69 / Double Scoop $5.19

Ice Cream Flavors
    Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry, Mint Chocolate Chip, Cookies and Cream, Mocha Almond Fudge, Chocolate Chip, Butter Pecan (No sugar added).

Hand-Dipped Ice Cream Bars - $4.99
    Choose Your Bar: Vanilla Bean, Cocolate or Mixed Berry Sorbet
    Choose Your Chocolate: Milk or Dark
    Choose Your Topping: Chocolate Chip Morsels, Confetti Mickeys, Blue Raspberry Bursts, Rainbow Sprinkles or "The Whole Herd."

Mortimer's Market
    According to Disney legend, Mortimer Mouse is the name Walt Disney gave his new creation in 1928. He later changed it to Mickey. Mortimer's Market serves a selection of whole and cut fruits, bottled water, juices and soft drinks.

Service: Grab-and-go / Outdoor vending

Dining Area: No seating.

For more Buena Vista Street coverage including photos, video and reviews be sure to check out
    |
    Last edited by MasterGracey; 06-10-2012 at 12:40 AM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: Buena Vista Street Dining — Information, photos and more

incredible!!!

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

When my daughter tried to order her "dirty chai latte" (chai latte with a shot of expresso) they didn't know what that was and after she explained they asked if she wanted 5 shots of expresso(?). Once they got it figured out and made, she said it tasted like her usual Starbucks order. Just double check your order.

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

FF&P Cafe was stunning! The photos all over the walls of this fictional trio of girl singers, The Silver Lake Singers, were really great! It didn't look like they had finished propping but boy, it was already wonderful. So awesome having Starbucks there and it was the prettiest one I've been to. Having worked for Starbucks for four years now, I definitely understand the training for Starbucks (I am a learning coach for the company) and how it can be quite difficult for new partners. The CM's at the cafe are Disney employees and not only have to learn the Starbucks practices, but also Disney ones. The registers seemed to be the biggest issue on my visit but again I can understand have Starbucks' POS system can be overwhelming...but other than that the CM's were really great and working hard. I LOVED the abundance of indoor seating, especially the amount of spacious booths. There was also some nice patio seating outside on tables or under than beautiful oak.

Clarabelle's, while I didn't try, was also beautiful just like the rest of BVS.

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

The FF&P is probably my new favorite place in Disney California Adventure. The sheer size of it compared to the old Burr-Bank Ice Cream location and La Brea Bakery was a jaw-Dropper.

This is the new dining room. WOW HUH???

On the wall there is an old Starbucks reference in the form of a cup

All of the stores, The FF&P, Claribelle's IceCream, and the new candy shop Trolly Treats are all connected

"All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Cafe:

Click photos for larger view:

Fantastic posters

Lovely stained glass

Starbucks menu and prices:

Starbucks pastries:

PP&F Cafe menu:

Roast Beef Sandwich

Turkey Rueben

Clarabelle's Hand-Scoooped Ice Cream

Clarabelle's Hand-Dipped Ice Cream bar:

Mortimer's Market

Last edited by dland_lover; 07-07-2013 at 03:49 PM.

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Can't wait to see it all. Hopefully next year sometime.

• Banned User

Oh man, it just looks incredible! I peeked a little at the interiors and they look just as good if not better than a lot of the shops on MS!

I love they have out door seating! It will be a great place to grab a SB coffee, have a seat and watch the world go by!

Extremely awesome cannot wait!

Hand-dipped Ice Cream bars at Clarabelle's = friggin awesome.

Thank you for providing so many detailed photographs and helpful information over the years leading up to now! It has been a thrill to watch and wait with anticipation these recent years with all that has transpired. And now that we have arrived at last, to this point in time to witness the historic unveiling of the "re-imagineered" Disney California Adventure park, gives me great joy and satisfaction. I look forward to sharing stories with my children and future grand children of this happy and most rememberable occasion.

• Love HD videos!

20 to 35 mins from Disneyland, Knotts, Universal, Raging water

Here's a HD video that I recorded showing a Full walk-through of the First Starbucks Coffee location located on Buena Vista Street inside the Fiddler, Fifer and Practical Café.

I love this place! Finally they have an inside seating instead of seating outside.

My Brand New Youtube channel -"SoCal ATTRACTIONS 360"
    http://www.youtube.com/SoCalAttractions360

• hogwarts + disneyland = ♥

Thank for the pretty pics! I'm excited to try out Carthay on Saturday even though the menu isn't very appealing to me. I just got back from disneyworld and would love to see items similar to the brown derby at hollywood studios over here. the cobb salad! and some truffled mushroom potatoes or risotto would make my LIFE. ...just in case any carthay head chefs are reading this

flower gleam & glow...

• Clean Cup! Move Down!

nevermind
    Last edited by DrAlice; 06-15-2012 at 08:01 PM. Reason: answered elsewhere in forum....
    DL Trips: '78, '84, '89, '90, '91, '96, '03, '06, '07(x2), '08, '10(x2), '12
    DW Trips: '08
    International parks: Some day...

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Carthay=amazing experience! Honestly, I was so impressed by the staff, food, drinks, and the wonderfully beautiful atmosphere at both the lounge and restaurant I will be for sure visiting again soon.

Keeping it simple...The lounge and restaurant feature an almost fully unique drink menu with great graphics. The pictures that adorn the walls are wonderful! Woodwork, lighting, just everything was so elegant and refined. We dined on the patio and was great to be so separated yet still be able to see the lights come on over BVS and hear the waterfall on the backside of Grizzly Peak. Drinks were unique and delicious and packed a punch! Food was also very fresh and perfectly proportioned. The staff...I could go on about how great, knowledgeable, accommodating, helpful, and friendly they ALL were. Each waitress could answer any question we had with a detailed answer, were incredibly on top of it, and were genuinely excited about the current abridged and future of the menu and future of the restaurant. The chef really makes to make this restaurant something special and great and they are doing every right thing to get there! I had to walk down BVS to the Chamber of Commerce and fill out CM compliment for all four of our wonderful attendants there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast