Thread: Neon Lighting

• Buena Vista St. & Red Car

Neon Lighting

Was anyone else there earlier this evening and see the little "ceremony" they do for the neon lighting? It was just really great and a really magical moment. The sun had just set and none of the neon was on yet. At about 8:10, the music fades out and the sh-boom song "Life Could Be a Dream" (the one from the movie in the neon scene) comes on and they slowly turned on the neon one building at a time down Route 66 starting near the Courthouse. Really an awesome and very "magical" moment that had some people dancing, some others romancing, and everyone with a smile on their face. I saw it in front of Lizzie's and for anyone visiting Cars Land this summer, I definitely recommend you take the time to experience this great little event.

Re: Neon Lighting

thanks for telling us! I'll have to pay attention! This is gonna be SO FREAKING AMAZING!
    "They can't order me to stop dreaming..."

• I am not a Krusty Krab

that is so cute!!! will look forward to it in 5 days!!!

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Senior Minion

It took me by surprise too, and it was magical! My sister and I were sitting at Flo's when the music came on and people just stopped to look at the lights go on in Cars Land. That is surely something I'd love to watch every time I'm in the park - VERY nice touch!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • isn't an elitist

It was so awesome I got goosebumps after it. I was hoping they did a ceremony like that and I'm really glad they did.
    -Jack
    Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

• I am number 4 of 999

LOVED IT! And I know where I'm going to be around 8PM anytime I'm in California Adventure!
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Excellent! I hope they continue to do this, not just when it's new. I won't be able to get there much over the summer, and probably not brave CarsLand at all until it calms down.
    I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

videos please?

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

Mike and I were shooting like maniacs trying to capture the blue hour light over the mountain range and suddenly I heard the song come on. I completely forgot that they did the lighting and would have run over to watch it had I remembered. I love the song, and I wish they would play it more than once a night, but it really does make that moment special.

• Banned User

Its pretty cool they are pulling out all the stops for this park now. Of course we all figured that would probably happen, but for them to actually do it says a lot! Again, THIS is what I love about Disney, the little things! I'll take the big things too lol, but yeah it is things like this why I love these parks so much.