Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: What would YOU have put in Carthay Circle Theater?

There's only room for three things that could fit in the limited space they have:
    1. A restaurant
    2. A store
    3. A tiny theater

DCA has no need for additional stores or theaters, but it was certainly lacking a well-themed classy restaurant to compete with Blue Bayou. Add 1901? Perfect. Disney made the right decision here.

• You're late for TEAAA!!!!

Easy.

Downstairs: theater, showing all of the Disney classics of that era, switching it monthly. The lobby and snack bar area would be merchandise -- and maybe a real snack bar line.
    Upstairs: VIP restaurant for Club 33 members.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by dth316 View Post
    Easy.

Downstairs: theater, showing all of the Disney classics of that era, switching it monthly. The lobby and snack bar area would be merchandise -- and maybe a real snack bar line.
    Upstairs: VIP restaurant for Club 33 members.
    cant argue with that

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Timelord

They really needed a restaurant like this at the resort. Steakhouse 55 is really the only one that comes close to a nice restaurant on property.

Spending a lot of time at the Tokyo Disney Resort and enjoying the AMAZING restaurants there left me with a hankering for something on par at the DLR. This fits the bill nicely and is a start =D

I heard talk about the original golden dreams was to be told through all AA's of historic california people and characters... but then well obviously something like that couldn't be allowed in DCA 1.0... The golden dreams show was good but we all no they won't just bring back an old ride... so my vote is for an AA show but based on California, with highlights on Disney's influence, but also not an overload.

• Banned User

You know the idea that I been thinking about for months and CANT stop thinking about is if they made CCT a really special, people eating ride that couldve been THE ride to do in the park for everyone.

I have been envisioning it to be the GMR of the west, BUT solely done in terms of animated movies, specifically Walts movies. And it would be a mixture of AAs and huge IMAX screens that are done for Spiderman and Harry Potter at Universal. It would begin with a young AA Walt drawing Mickey Mouse for the first time and from then on it would be a history of his life and all the main animated movies he designed obviously starting with SW through his final one and of course the many shorts that were made. That would be the ONLY time we see something of Walt. I know its 'bad' to have any AAs of him, but that would be it. And if that is too offensive for some, it could even be a shillouette of him as he first draws Mickey. But it would set the story and would do both, tell Walt Disneys story and have these animated movies popping around us at the same time. It would be a visual spectacle and it would be in 3D (yes, I know people hate 3D, but look around, some of the best rides on the planet have 3D for a reason). It would be designed like GMR is now, very slow vehicles and maybe a host in the vehicle with you talking about different aspects of his work as we move from one room to another being immersed in one film after another and it would feel like we are watching it in 360 degrees just like how its done with Spiderman.

Obviously theres not really room of course just in CCT alone, so ITTBAB would be knocked out and where the ride will really be.

CCT will basically be the queue area mostly and that would consist of walking through a museum of Walts life. Basically what was shown in the One Man Dream exhibits with props, pictures, etc, but it will be designed as a queue so people can learn about him as they walk through the line. But the ride would be an overall view of his animated work and of course the later films like TLM through Pixar. And maybe the last room could be done like the GMR and either show clips of ALL Disney animation (but maybe feel too redundant since Animation studio basically does that) OR maybe show a clip of their latest film to show the 'future' like a clip of Brave for example and always recycling this part of the ride. I'm guessing the latter would be better for all that 'synergy' they have.

And the restaurant will still stay on the second floor! The first floor will essentially be the queue/museum area and the second floor would stay as it is now.

So thats what I wouldve put in! But not meant to be of course. Oh well, the lounge looks good at least!
    Last edited by WorldDisney; 06-12-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12