Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb What would YOU have put in Carthay Circle Theater?

One of the biggest complaints I have about Buena Vista Street is the restaurant inside Carthay Circle Theater. It is so rich in history, yet they decided to put an expensive sit-down restaurant in it. What would you have liked to see located inside Carthay Circle Theater? Are you happy they decided to put a restaurant?

I have three ideas for what they should have put:

- A new Snow White dark ride using the trackless technology seen at Pooh's Hunny Hunt in Tokyo and the upcoming Ratatouille ride in Paris. DCA is a very masculine park, in my opinion, and can use a princess here or there. This new ride can replace Snow White's Scary Adventures at Disneyland and free up some space in Fantasyland.

- Make Carthay Circle Theater an actual theater, but not a movie one. A Broadway-style theater that will feature a revival of Snow White: An Enchanting New Musical, which was at Disneyland a few years back. The show failed, so it'd need some reworking to be a success at DCA. The theater can be designed to look like the inside of the actual Carthay Circle Theater, with the stage being in place of the screen.

- An exhibit similar to One Man's Dream at DHS telling the story of Walt's early life, his arrival in Los Angeles, his breakthrough into feature films (Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs), and his legacy. It could also have a short movie in a small movie theater designed to look like the actual interior of the Carthay Circle Theater on a smaller scale.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: What would YOU have put in Carthay Circle Theater?

Little Mermaid is in Paradise Pier and last i checked, she's a princess and also they have a princess breakfast thing at Ariel's Grotto

as for Carthay i would have put a snow white stage show in there. and put the one man's dream thing in the animation building as the lobby

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Team Hail HYDRA

I really don't know. I would put a stage show but... We already have Hyperion theater and not to many people of the new generation new about Walt so put in one mans dream
    ps wasn't one mans dream in the animation building here????
    also this is my 100th post yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa

• I am not a Krusty Krab

no it was in the one in florida

---------- Post added 06-10-2012 at 06:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    I really don't know. I would put a stage show but... We already have Hyperion theater and not to many people of the new generation new about Walt so put in one mans dream
    ps wasn't one mans dream in the animation building here????
    also this is my 100th post yyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    im stealing your faces lol theyre cute

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Bangarang!

Good question OP. I like the restaurant and 1901 venues, so I'd keep them, but perhaps they could have at the very least put Golden Dreams in a small theatre on the ground floor.

Other than than, One Man's Dream/The Walt Disney Story would get my vote.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

• I am not a Krusty Krab

i never liked Golden Dreams

• formerly very helpful

I actually rather liked Golden Dreams. I thought that would be a good idea.

• Suspended

I would have liked to have seen Golden Dreams put in this theater.

For one thing it would have been fairly inexpensive for them to put the film there.

Second, the building is a theater so it would make sense to have a movie in there.

Third, the attraction actually has something to do with CALIFORNIA. Locating it right in the icon at the end of the entry corridor would show the theme of the park and have something related to the state the park supposedly represents. Also, Golden Dreams in the Carthay would serve the same purpose as the Great Movie Ride at DHS or Spaceship Earth at Epcot - rides that combine the entire theme and purpose of the park.

• Resident of the Caldera

There would be few people watching Golden Dreams (unfortunately; it was very good and directed by an Oscar winner). The option of putting in a money-making restaurant rather than a film that would be watched by few is a no-brainer for the bean counters.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

I would leave it as it is. Fine dining is not for everyone, but there is a need for it in a resort. An attraction like a movie for example will go stale rather quickly, just like Golden Dreams and Captain EO/HISTA. The old Princess Fantasy Faire area is being converted back to a stage show arena so no need to add another one right down the street from the Hyperion.

I would have let it be a theater were you could eat at the same time too. So you could be having a nice meal while watching some of Walt Disney's classics.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Have you not seen the inside of it? Yeah they used the SMALL space very well.....the only way to put a ride there would be to take out either its tough to be a bug...or Playhouse Disney and...maybe the ride would have been there a year from now...but i don't see Disney opening an E ticket, 2 C tickets and a D ticket at the same time....when they are already opening two lands (not to mention the new Matterhorn across the way)

• враг народа

Blog Entries

A restaurant is not unprecedented inside of a park, see Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom. Though and attraction reflective of California and its history does sound like a good idea. It sets the bigger story for everything you are to encounter beyond Burna Vista Street.

I am not keen on the idea of a Walt focused attraction. I quite enjoy "One Man's Dream" but do not think it makes sense for this park. I think the Walt angle to Buena Vista Street has become overdone and contrived. It would have worked better as a lower layer for why these buildings, but not one specifically stated ad publicized outside of trivia and coffee table books.

•   
    • Minion

I have always said a movie theater would be sweet in it. it would show the Disney classic movies in order starting with Snow White and go all the way to Winnie the pooh from last year. The execution of this idea is one to think about of course. I would split it up between seats and a standing room area so that people could watch the whole thing if they wanted or come in and out like the main street cinema. You could change the movie weekly so that it would always be different. This would be awesome to be able to see all the movie on the big screen. I would make sure to get there for Lady and the Tramp one of my personal favorites.

I think its fine as a restaurant. If you walk up to the CCT and think "Hmph! they should have made it a theatre!!!" All you need to do is make a quick 90 degree turn to the left.
    In the quest for quality, I have no problem with the characters footing the bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast