Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Suspended

Re: Complete Ride Through Radiator Springs Racers! Major Spoiler Alert

apparently someone didn't pay attention to the signs requesting no photography or video taping. Nice going morons. Disney gives you the opportunity to preview this attraction and this is the appreciation you show?

Quote Originally Posted by DanMcNeely View Post
    @BigThunder

Thanks for posting my YouTube videos. I was at the early preview day on Saturday and loved Cars Land. Disney has done a terrific job recreating Radiator Springs.
    Thanks for the great POVs! They're well done!

Quote Originally Posted by mac81962 View Post
    apparently someone didn't pay attention to the signs requesting no photography or video taping. Nice going morons. Disney gives you the opportunity to preview this attraction and this is the appreciation you show?
    Now now, please before you go around calling people morons, perhaps consider that there were mixed signals being given before the AP previews. It was about 50/50 of being told you can't take photos or that you can. And as it so happened, on the day of the previews, people were allowed to take photos!

I'm really sure that the CEO and President of the Disneyland Resort are really unhappy at Fishbulb taking their photo and other photos of the land yesterday, as shown here:
    Name:  CARS_LAND_-_rsr-IMG_0987.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  77.9 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mac81962 View Post
    The signs were up during the track testing Sat before they let anyone on. As soon as they let us on the signs came down , lots and lots of people were taking pictures without flash and video taping, including me, right in front of the CMs, nothing was said Sat morning or Sat night.

The windsheilds were sort of dirty plus there`s a film overlay of the eyes so videotaping through the windsheild isn`t super clear.
    Last edited by Jerryp49; 06-10-2012 at 03:27 PM.

•   
    • Daffy about Disneyland

Blog Entries

I could watch these videos all day and night. I am sure that if Disney seriously didn't want any video, and or pictures taken they would have to search everyone who went through the entrance. How practical is that?

If Disney wanted this taken down, it would be gone. I watched the ride through CG mockup up version so I already knew what to expect, this exceeded my expectations actually and I can't wait to ride it. Video is much different than being there. It seems a bit short, but other than that it looks great.

• Minion

Now THAT is Disney! Well done!

Looks like a great ride.
    And to the post regarding "morons fllming, etc.", some of the best free advertisement for Disney are posts of these rides. I can assure you a good percentage of folks who view these videos will make more of an effort to get to the parks after viewing. Again, free advertising. They want you to see this.
    Thanks for the spoiler!!!
    Last edited by J Laffite 1764; 06-11-2012 at 07:18 PM. Reason: not done posting

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    As understand it, there is a mirror in Ramone's as well that shows the "new" car color, they just didn't catch it in the video. Also, there are cloud projection effects in some areas and, yes, the clouds look like tire tracks just like in Cars 1. As for the animated mouths, they used different tricks for different characters. The cars with old fashioned grills like Doc and the Sheriff got fully animatronic mouths while the smooth bumpered newer cars like McQueen and Sally use projection effects. I imagine Mater got the animatronic mouth just because his mouth is so big.
    I rode twice this weekend and both times went through Ramone's. Though I didn't actively look for it, I don't think the mirror was showing the "new" car color. Is the mirror supposed to show this effect? Maybe it wasn't working...

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by disneyfun View Post
    Is the mirror supposed to show this effect? Maybe it wasn't working...
    That's what I've heard, that the mirror is supposed to show the new color in an effect similar to the tires in Luigi's. The effect may have been down when you rode. Sounds like they are still working out a few technical glitches.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

• Minion

It's a better commercial for their new land than any TV time they could pay for. The interior dark ride scenes are very nice, animatronics and voices well-done. The speed part seems tame, maybe it's more exciting in person or more exciting at night. I can't grasp why this cost $350 million to build, though. Disney got ripped off terribly by someone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12