Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• U. B. Bold

Complete Ride Through Radiator Springs Racers! Major Spoiler Alert

Can't believe no one has posted this yet (or maybe I just missed it). Needless to say, If you want to be surprised, don't watch!

This is the Luigi's version of the ride. Ramone's to follow.

---------- Post added 06-10-2012 at 10:25 AM ----------

And, the Ramone's Paint Shop version.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad

Dream big. Do what you love.

Re: Complete Ride Through Radiator Springs Racers! Major Spoiler Alert

I didnt watch it but theres 2 different versions?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

If I may direct you to....these forums Cars Land and Buena Vista Street Forums

They made a section for Carland....so many would not be tempted to now what News about the lands were coming out until they could make the visit next week

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    If I may direct you to....these forums Cars Land and Buena Vista Street Forums

They made a section for Carland....so many would not be tempted to now what News about the lands were coming out until they could make the visit next week
    Thank you for that. The mods may move the thread there if they wish.

Thanks so much for posting. We are going the end of June. I was a little nervous that the ride may be more of a roller coaster, which my kids HATE, but it looks like so much fun and pretty calm. I will show them your video so they will see what RSR is before we go.

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by Nemo123 View Post
    I didnt watch it but theres 2 different versions?
    Yup. One goes through Luigi's, where you get new whitewall tires, and the other goes through Ramone's, where you get a new paint job. The effects are amazing.

• formerly very helpful

I know that actually riding it will be different than just watching it on a video, but now it's making me even MORE excited! Can't wait until the 20th.

• Lion

Quote Originally Posted by JDCLL View Post
    Thanks so much for posting. We are going the end of June. I was a little nervous that the ride may be more of a roller coaster, which my kids HATE, but it looks like so much fun and pretty calm. I will show them your video so they will see what RSR is before we go.
    My mother hates roller coasters (Big Thunder = no go) but she loved Test Track. There's definitely a sense of speed, but there's not the same kind of tumultuous action as there is on a roller coaster. Your kids will love RSR.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Yup. One goes through Luigi's, where you get new whitewall tires, and the other goes through Ramone's, where you get a new paint job. The effects are amazing.
    I'm confused about the Ramone's effect. Other than some contraption spraying mist out, the color of the car doesn't actually change -- I mean like in Luigi's I thought there would be a mirror showing that your car changed colors. But then again maybe the video just doesn't show it or I maybe I missed it?

Also, the ride vehicle's windows have eyes on them, which seems like it could be a distraction when you are trying to see though them.

I hope I don't feel like I'm in a warehouse when I'm in the dark ride section. I am thinking it would be nice if they had some cloud effects on the ceiling like in POTC so I am hoping that this part of the ride doesn't feel unconvincing.

And at the end why is McQueen's mouth animated and Mater's isn't?

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

Maters mouth is animated at the end, it actually moves physically instead of a projection. Look again.

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

• U. B. Bold

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    I'm confused about the Ramone's effect. Other than some contraption spraying mist out, the color of the car doesn't actually change -- I mean like in Luigi's I thought there would be a mirror showing that your car changed colors. But then again maybe the video just doesn't show it or I maybe I missed it?

Also, the ride vehicle's windows have eyes on them, which seems like it could be a distraction when you are trying to see though them.

I hope I don't feel like I'm in a warehouse when I'm in the dark ride section. I am thinking it would be nice if they had some cloud effects on the ceiling like in POTC so I am hoping that this part of the ride doesn't feel unconvincing.

And at the end why is McQueen's mouth animated and Mater's isn't?
    As understand it, there is a mirror in Ramone's as well that shows the "new" car color, they just didn't catch it in the video. Also, there are cloud projection effects in some areas and, yes, the clouds look like tire tracks just like in Cars 1. As for the animated mouths, they used different tricks for different characters. The cars with old fashioned grills like Doc and the Sheriff got fully animatronic mouths while the smooth bumpered newer cars like McQueen and Sally use projection effects. I imagine Mater got the animatronic mouth just because his mouth is so big.

• A Cheerful Chick-A-Dee!

THIS RIDE LOOKS AMAZING!!!! I cannot wait to go on it in November!! It is not at all like I thought it would be, it even looks better! Thanks for posting! I like having an idea of what the ride is before I go on it, so thank you.

• The Great Tiki

Blog Entries

Awesome.......I can't wait....We were at the park yesterday and could hear the lucky folks on the other side , but all we could see---was the green wall and the new exhibit for Radiator Springs --in the Blue Sky Cellar. I can't wait to get on the other side of that wall and ride the ride.

Brad's Disneyland blog: Carsland: The Walls are about to come down

Quote Originally Posted by simba View Post
    My mother hates roller coasters (Big Thunder = no go) but she loved Test Track. There's definitely a sense of speed, but there's not the same kind of tumultuous action as there is on a roller coaster. Your kids will love RSR.
    The inside part is calm , but the race part is exactly like BTMR, high G banked turns and you will come out of your seat on the up and down part.

I captured HD video with a widescreen lens from Sat morning and Sat night. I`m downloading onto my computer now. The night time ride is awesome, really cool with RSR all lit up
    Last edited by Jerryp49; 06-10-2012 at 03:10 PM.

@BigThunder

Thanks for posting my YouTube videos. I was at the early preview day on Saturday and loved Cars Land. Disney has done a terrific job recreating Radiator Springs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast