Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Nor Cal AP'er

Re: Under the hood secret to Cars Land connection

Name:  15550149_large.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  97.8 KB

My Camaro that has been in the family since new 1973,it was originally my aunt's car,the her daughters then it sat in front of her house til 1997 when I picked it up for 500.00. It was was rough and needed a complete overhaul. I've had many cars in my lifetime.This is my first chevolet,but all the cars before were Fords ( GranTorino's and Mustangs actually) I take her out at last once a week. Allot during the winter was so hot and nice (gotta love California) Ive done the work on it including paint. I take it Reno for Hot August Nights every year if possible. My Uncle is who got me into cars when I was 16 and Ive been in the automotive industry since I was 18. Its an obsession like Disney is.

I'd love to drive my Camaro down the main street of Radiator Springs!

Here is a link for some of my other rides thorough the years from my Car-domain page.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/243887...evrolet-camaro
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Nor Cal AP'er

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    They should have a Hot Rod Parade in Carsland.
    The had something similar to that in Florida with Chip Foose it was on youtube.

Chip Foose at D-Street During Downtown Disney Car Masters Weekend on June 2-3 - YouTube
    I am a Annual Pass Holder and I'm better than you! lol!

• Insomniac

I think cars have killed the idea of Saturdays fixing the car with dad. More compex, increased use of electronics, increased difficulty to work on parts, and longer lasting parts has made it more and more difficult to service new cars. Even something as simple as going from carbureted to fuel injected made it more difficult to work on. Imagine how big a difference it makes when half of the problems that occur can be tied back to bad sensors that you cannot diagnose without hooking it up to a computer. It really has led most to give up on learning how to fix it themselves and just take it to the local mechanic. I personally still do most of my own work on my 1989 Jeep, my dad's 1958 Chevy pickup, and use to work on my 1986 Bronco (before it finally gave up the ghost ), but I plan on buying a new car soon and I'm worried I'll fall into the same hole of not knowing how to work on my cars so I'll just take them to the mechanic.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    They should have a Hot Rod Parade in Carsland.
    Now you're talkin'!!

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by brian11811 View Post
    [/COLOR]You ever notice how the cars are so differnt now, the difference between 1960s and 2012. Huge difference, but the airplanes look EXACTLY THE SAME. Kind of crazy. The engines are different, the electronics and technology are different but the airframe of a 747 looks the same.
    commercial aircraft are about FUNCTION FUNCTION FUNCTION. Cars tend to be personal expressions as much as they are about functionality.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyland 1951 View Post

Two years ago I was able to meet with Kathy Magum to discuss the decorations for Carsland. She had no interest in any reality and told me if it is not in Lassiter's Cars movie, she would not be allowed include it.
    That's too bad. I was hoping for some Lincoln Continental stuff around Cars Land, but I don't think there are any Lincolns in the Cars movies. (I've only seen the Movie once, so I'm not sure)
    Funny that they couldn't get permission to use "Cadillac" untill the last minute.

• Mischievous Mouse

Quote Originally Posted by PirateLover View Post
    That's too bad. I was hoping for some Lincoln Continental stuff around Cars Land, but I don't think there are any Lincolns in the Cars movies. (I've only seen the Movie once, so I'm not sure)
    Funny that they couldn't get permission to use "Cadillac" untill the last minute.
    There was a reference that sally made to the lost travelers that her Cozy Cone Motel has a "Lincoln Continental breakfast" - I think that's as close as we will get to your dream.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

Autonomous cars are close to being commercially available, so cheap automated taxicab rides in urban environments will become much more common in the near future. Car ownership has reached its peak, and driving is in decline.

Car-sharing subscriptions are a growing business, and California is reducing Vehicle Miles Traveled through public policy. Additionally, petroleum has reached its peak supply. So, car culture, in general, is something that increasingly only belongs to older generations, and even they are not as enchanted as they once were.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticIdealist View Post
    Autonomous cars are close to being commercially available, so cheap automated taxicab rides in urban environments will become much more common in the near future. Car ownership has reached its peak, and driving is in decline.

Car-sharing subscriptions are a growing business, and California is reducing Vehicle Miles Traveled through public policy. Additionally, petroleum has reached its peak supply. So, car culture, in general, is something that increasingly only belongs to older generations, and even they are not as enchanted as they once were.
    Just more excuses..

No one rides in steam powered paddle wheelers or relies on tall mast ships for travel... yet no one is postulating that their subject matter is on the decline because their use for daily life has changed.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Mischievous Mouse

I hope they pipe in the sounds and smells of gasoline engines - the best atmospheric attributes of Autopia!!

-Walt Disney

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12