Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Trip Report 6/9/12 AP Preview 6-11pm (MAJOR spoilers!)

The biggest question of the day: Where are the bathrooms?
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream.
    Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by sailor310 View Post
    The biggest question of the day: Where are the bathrooms?
    Behind Doc's place (which is a seating area for Flo's).

• What happened to Rosita?

Great Trip Report,thank you. Even though Luigi's was a little slow, I actually enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyNimrodelle View Post
    This is when the night got interesting. We got through the queue in about 40 minutes (10 minutes longer than estimated) and got right up to the loading area, in lane 8 and...the ride broke down. OK, no worries, we decided to wait it out. The car that was causing the trouble was in sight from our lane. So we waited...and waited. It was interesting to note that when they fix one of these cars they pop the hood:

I was in the car just behind the one that broke down haha. We were the last car to be let out so we got to hear Lightning and Mater congratulate us on the race a few times before they shut the show off.
    John Hammond: "All major theme parks have had delays. When they opened Disneyland in 1956 [sic], nothing worked!"
    Dr. Ian Malcolm: "But, John. If the Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."

• Future Imagineer! =D

Looove the pictures! Thank you for sharing!
    I went to Saturday's 1-5 preview and had an amazing experience. On and off every single ride by 1:30!!
    However, RSR broke down multiple times. Once while my family and I were on it for a brief few minutes. Test Track does this too. I don't know if they run on similar tracks or not. I thought they'd have all the kinks out.
    My, oh my. Those churros look good! The dill pickle popcorn sure was yummy.
    Anyways, I noticed so many little details in your pictures I hadn't taken the time to notice before. BVS and Cars Land certainly are beautiful
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

I do not think you misread the WOC bit. I thought it was at 11 also and was told by a cast member they changed it. We ended up missing it too. I think that was a pretty rotten deal since we paid an extra $25 to see it. I was not going to miss Cars land for the 10:15 showing. Other than that I think the whole experience was great. Loved seeing it at night, loved the food, loved RSR and loved Buena Vista Street.

• Banned User

So I'm assuming the Brave scene in WOC was not introduced at the previews or I'm guessing we wouldve heard about it about a dozen times now. I guess they still want as many surprises as possible for the 15th.

• Please pull the yellowtab

Quote Originally Posted by WorldDisney View Post
    So I'm assuming the Brave scene in WOC was not introduced at the previews or I'm guessing we wouldve heard about it about a dozen times now. I guess they still want as many surprises as possible for the 15th.
    I thought they would show the Brave segment during the June 9 preview but I still have no idea if they ever did. I was at the AP preview, from 6-11pm that included the special WOC showing, but I did not want sacrifice time that I could spend on RSR just to line up for WOC. I'm not sure if it will happen again on June 10 during the 6-11PM previews, but CMs continued to allow people to get in line after 11PM to enjoy the rides.
    Last edited by 2ndStar2theRight; 06-14-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: UPDATED

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

i thought this story was to have a happy ending of you finally finding your oswald ears lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Quote Originally Posted by LittleImagineer View Post
    Looove the pictures! Thank you for sharing!
    I went to Saturday's 1-5 preview and had an amazing experience. On and off every single ride by 1:30!!
    However, RSR broke down multiple times. Once while my family and I were on it for a brief few minutes. Test Track does this too. I don't know if they run on similar tracks or not. I thought they'd have all the kinks out.
    My, oh my. Those churros look good! The dill pickle popcorn sure was yummy.
    Anyways, I noticed so many little details in your pictures I hadn't taken the time to notice before. BVS and Cars Land certainly are beautiful
    Thank you! yes, I was trying to get as many details as I could in my pictures, but I still missed so much. I am so glad to see that others got the pics I wanted and couldn't get for one reason or another. I expect we will still find details we missed years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Terri Burk View Post
    I do not think you misread the WOC bit. I thought it was at 11 also and was told by a cast member they changed it. We ended up missing it too. I think that was a pretty rotten deal since we paid an extra $25 to see it. I was not going to miss Cars land for the 10:15 showing. Other than that I think the whole experience was great. Loved seeing it at night, loved the food, loved RSR and loved Buena Vista Street.
    Yeah, the $25 extra is the part that bothered me - but being able to see CL in both the daytime and nighttime made up for it.

Yeah....thats what I was looking forward to in the supposed private viewing, but apparently they changed their mind on that?

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    i thought this story was to have a happy ending of you finally finding your oswald ears lol
    LOL. I don't think they exist in the parks yet. The people I talked to got theirs at the E3 convention...they must have come by in droves though - I saw several people wearing them, but never found them in a store.

• Team Hail HYDRA

Those are great
    i went on Sunday's 8-12 but they did not kick us so we left at about 1:30
    i thank that the Oswald hats are from a tech expo called e3

• Bucket List Car

Loved your report and photos. Can't wait!! Actually, I'm headed to SoCal next month. REALLY hoping to squeeze in a day at the parks.

We got into line at Pacific Wharf at arround 5:10 and were in the RSR queue at 5:30. The wait was about 40 mins. We then tried to ride LFT, but the ride broke down. We had dinner at Flos and then did Mater's ride (fun and lots of capacity so short queue). We then spent some time exploring before getting in line again for RSR. We are at end of the oil bottle room when the RSR broke down. (about 50 people back from OP) We stayed in line through the fireworks and waited until they announced that if you went to the 10:15 world of color and came back quickly, they would be keeping the Cars land entry at Pacific Wharf open until 11. We went to WOC and then came back and finally got a chance to ride on LFT. It had broke down earlier while we were in line. It was now about 11:10 and we went up to the RSR line to ask the cast members if the ride had ever been fixed (knowing that it was too late now). They said it was running now and let us get in the relatively short line. We ended up riding RSR at about 11:30. It was nice that they kept the ride open a little late.

I actually enjoyed LFT, but wish the line was shorter. I think it is easier with one person in your tire.
    Last edited by slomike; 06-13-2012 at 01:04 PM. Reason: typo

• Tink 2 Three

Thanks for posting such a detailed trip report! I loved seeing both the day and night pictures. I can't wait for my trip!!

• Future Indy Castmember

No it wasn't. The scene appears to be saved for the 15th. I had a hunch that maybe they would've surprised us with it (I was there too). But its all good, I still saw the show.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12