Speed of RSR Opinions

I know this topic has already been addressed, but since more people have been on the ride I would like to hear some other opinions. First, I watched the video and I have to say this ride looks AMAZING. I can't wait to go on it the next to I'm in the park. However, I did notice that the cars seemed to be moving pretty fast in the show scenes. I also know the ride goes about 40 mph. So my questions are: 1. Do you think the ride goes too fast in the show scenes?, and 2. Is the race part of the ride thrilling even though it only goes 40 mph. Personally, I think slowing the ride down in the show scenes and raising the speed for the race would make it seem like it goes a lot faster, adding to the thrill. But that's just my opinion. What can I say, I'm a thirll junkie

Re: Speed of RSR Opinions

The show scenes are quick to churn through people. But, I would guess slowing down the show scenes would require significant reprogramming and redoing the mouth projections.

I didn't watch it too close, but the beginning part really looked like a modern day MR. Toad, and stuff in that flies by real quick too.

-r

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    The show scenes are quick to churn through people. But, I would guess slowing down the show scenes would require significant reprogramming and redoing the mouth projections.

I didn't watch it too close, but the beginning part really looked like a modern day MR. Toad, and stuff in that flies by real quick too.

-r
    While Mater is one of the best AAs I've seen, I'd say the show scenes being much slower would leave a lot of room for losing some of the "realism" there. It really didn't feel TOO fast to me anyway. I felt immersed, and specifically as you move into the city portion it felt very real.

I rode it twice today. The indoor sections went by fast, but left you wanting to return to see more of the details you missed. The outdoor section is too short to go any faster, it would leave you feeling like the ride was way too short if it went any faster. I was blown away by the AAs and the detail. This is the first attraction that I have ever purchased the photo from, just because of the look of sheer joy on our faces. I liked it that much.

Every AA that popped out looked exactly like it did in the movie. The speed added to the "how did they do that!" feeling. If it went any slower, it would take away from the magic.

• Dream in wonderful color!

I think the speed is just right. The outdoor race is very fast, but nothing too extreme.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney