Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Re: Matterhorn walls

i kept telling all my friends the actual ride isnt changing so on friday they'll see i was right mwahahahahahahaha

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Banned User

It wouldve been cool if they added newer, more advanced snow monster AAs and I think that alone would make a real difference. But to be fair, all Disney said they were ever going to do was add the new bob sleds and a few minor things, so I dont see why people thought it would be different? If that was the case, Disney wouldve announced those changes. When major changes are made they are ALWAYS announced ahead of time!

I think when these rides go for these long rehabs people get ALL these ideas in their head of new AAs, effects and even story changes. Nine times out of ten, its usually just what they announced would happen before it closed. In Matterhorns case, new ride vehicles and its exterior upgraded. If there was more it wouldve been leaked months ago probably by Al himself! I'm just excited to ride the new vehicles!

• MaliBOOMer

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ^ohhh now if we say that...we never move forward.

The Animatronics on Pirates look great...but sir we have the tech to make them walk around...like there real....no no...if it works dont fix it

Space Mountain got a redo a few years ago...is it better now yes....did the ride work before that yes....Star Tours was a good ride....did they improve it....yep

Not even saying change his design but make him move more...you know like he's alive...and make his mouth more....etc...add snow effects to the ride...fans that make cold breezes in some of the tunnels...I'm sure there are dozens of things that could/should be added to the ride that would improve it
    No actually. Space Mountains track was in serious need of replacement. It was to the point of safety issue. The track had to be replaced thus forcing a re-furb with a complete track replacement. Star Tours was re-done because the ride had virtually no crowd in it's later years. The thing is the matterhorn was improved. Ride is smoother with amazing new bobsleds requiring a station re-design. The whole freaking mountain was repainted. Lighting was added things where enhanced. Look Matterhorn is popular and I think got the attention it deserved, it did not need more. Would it have been nice, yeah, but I am very happy with this re-furb.
    Favorite Ride: Indiana Jones Adventure

Sign the Petition: https://www.change.org/petitions/goo...-original-form

• some assembly required

Quote Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
    Look Matterhorn is popular and I think got the attention it deserved, it did not need more. Would it have been nice, yeah, but I am very happy with this re-furb.
    Agreed.

I was hoping the person who said they soft-rode the Matterhorn would have talked about the rockwork and paint job in another thread... and the trough that the tracks sit in (the fact that it is cleaner now) were re-done too.

Also, a decent source claims that the plumbing was re-tooled due to many leaks and the cracked concrete was repaired. As fans, we should appreciate this behind the scenes stuff that improves the over-all ride.
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

• 2 shots on the rocks.

So, they didn't add a loop? Sigh.

• Vidia's Minion

Quote Originally Posted by doppio View Post
    So, they didn't add a loop? Sigh.
    No but I hear there are mermaids inside now.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
    What about that harsh chlorine coming from the melting ice?

•   
    • Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post
    i kept telling all my friends the actual ride isnt changing so on friday they'll see i was right mwahahahahahahaha

Except for the whole bobsled thing

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by Jayce View Post

haahaaa!!!!!

I just read on tumblr that thatsomeone got paid to ride matterhorn... ?? the person that got paidposted that status on tumblr.

Quote Originally Posted by JMazz View Post
    Also, a decent source claims that the plumbing was re-tooled due to many leaks and the cracked concrete was repaired. As fans, we should appreciate this behind the scenes stuff that improves the over-all ride.
    Not to mention that it keeps it from rotting away and collapsing. It's the first tubular steel roller coaster and it's still in operation. Amazing. And it was my very first roller coaster so if the "no soft openings" reports are true then Friday morning I'm heading into Disneyland first. RSR can wait.

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatrik View Post
    Not to mention that it keeps it from rotting away and collapsing. It's the first tubular steel roller coaster and it's still in operation. Amazing. And it was my very first roller coaster so if the "no soft openings" reports are true then Friday morning I'm heading into Disneyland first. RSR can wait.
    A lot of people probably don't understand how difficult of a task it may be too continue the upkeep of the ride. If you look at its history, it was the first tubular steel coaster in the world. Manufactured by Arrow Dynamics (then known as Arrow Development), a company that went bankrupt in 2002, and is now part of S & S. The ride first opened in 1959, with single car bobsleds, which the track was designed for, but the two car bobsleds as they were and are know was introduced in 1978 with the theming of the inside. That caused the ride to become much less smooth, as the track wasn't designed for it, but increased the capacity. What they did with the refurbishment was to make sure that the ride was safe, ran smoothly and the structure is going to hold together for another 34 or so years (and not be demolished like cascade peak).

The Matterhorn is a Disneyland symbol, we all know that. Splash mountain was built into the grounds so it wouldn't dwarf the Matterhorn, and this refurbishment is mainly to make sure it stays a symbol of Disneyland, fun and safe for the whole family.

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • .-- . .-.. -.-. --- -- .

Quote Originally Posted by dfan07 View Post
    Top half or bottom half?
    Just the bottom, duh!
    Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

^^^ I couldn't agree more I loved it the way it was and I'm glad they didn't change much. It just needed some tlc witch I understand. I can't wait till friday, I'm lineing up for cars at 3am , as soon as I get my rsr pass I'm headed to the matterhorn
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ahhh boooo...come on Disney Carsland gets some of the coolest ad high tech Animatronic's....and you can't give use...3....yes just 3 new ones for a classic ride that has stayed there over 50 years? Come on
    Seriously? It's amazing how ungrateful people are.

I like Harold being a bit low-tech. Adds significantly to the charm.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast