Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

Matterhorn walls

Half the walls have come down around the Matterhorn. Looks aawesome , I can't wait till Friday. I will up load pictures when I Finnish having fun today
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

Re: Matterhorn walls

Yea! We're going Wed so hopfully they will be doing soft openings by then. Can't wait to see the pictures.

•   

Blog Entries

You can hear the yeti growl once again as cast member ride and matinace people. They said as they rode by the inside hasn't changed

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 12:22 PM ----------

It was just confirmed no soft openings , it opens Friday. By cast member guarding the door to get in

• Sock Puppet

Yay! I can't wait to see what they have done to plus the attraction. Also, I'm sure the new cars will make my parents want to go on it more often, as they should be more smooth.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    You can hear the yeti growl once again as cast member ride and matinace people. They said as they rode by the inside hasn't changed

---------- Post added 06-11-2012 at 12:22 PM ----------

It was just confirmed no soft openings , it opens Friday. By cast member guarding the door to get in
    ahhh boooo...come on Disney Carsland gets some of the coolest ad high tech Animatronic's....and you can't give use...3....yes just 3 new ones for a classic ride that has stayed there over 50 years? Come on

• Parking Lot > DCA

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    ahhh boooo...come on Disney Carsland gets some of the coolest ad high tech Animatronic's....and you can't give use...3....yes just 3 new ones for a classic ride that has stayed there over 50 years? Come on
    Really?

•   

Blog Entries

I felt the same way when the cast member shook her head with disappointment when I asked her if it was different. She said it was a lot smother thoe

• Under that tree again!

Did the CMs say they wouldn't be operating it until Friday?

If not that is not a confirmation. Soft openings can just happen, they don't have to be planned.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    Really?
    Really...what?

•   

Blog Entries

It is running 100% today but the acual words he said " sorry there will be no soft openings , it opens Friday " take it how ever you like

I felt the same way when the cast member shook her head with disappointment when I asked her if it was different. She said it was a lot smother thoe
    Not a big shock at all. The changes, aside from the new bobsleds, were probably very subtle. Changes in lighting, repainting of show scenes and such. The most noticeable one is probably the upgraded falling snow projection on the lift hill, something I highly doubt would really grab random CMs' attentions. It doesn't look different, but I bet it looks real nice.

• Johnny and Me!

Half the walls have come down around the Matterhorn.
    Top half or bottom half?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    Not a big shock at all. The changes, aside from the new bobsleds, were probably very subtle. Changes in lighting, repainting of show scenes and such. The most noticeable one is probably the upgraded falling snow projection on the lift hill, something I highly doubt would really grab random CMs' attentions. It doesn't look different, but I bet it looks real nice.
    And really I am glad to hear they put some effect into the ride...and I love the new look....but why could Disney not put in a new version of the Snowmonster? 3 Animatronic's (two being the same one for each side) to me this makes me not get why go through go and redo the ride make it look great but leave very..very old tech in the ride for no reason but to be cheap.

I love the ride but think it would have been nice to improve on the ride more.....like Space, Big Thunder and Grizzley and even Spalsh...Improvements are ALWAYS excepted on Big rides....but I guess I'll keep my dreams of Disneyland ever getting newer tech in just my dreams since it seems to me like they don't want to WOW us any more...just rely on are memories at Disneyland rather then impress us

• -

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    to me this makes me not get why go through go and redo the ride make it look great but leave very..very old tech in the ride for no reason but to be cheap.
    Probably because the monsters were working just fine and really didn’t need replacing (unlike on Everest).

Or would you prefer if they changed it to this:
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

^ohhh now if we say that...we never move forward.

The Animatronics on Pirates look great...but sir we have the tech to make them walk around...like there real....no no...if it works dont fix it

Space Mountain got a redo a few years ago...is it better now yes....did the ride work before that yes....Star Tours was a good ride....did they improve it....yep

Not even saying change his design but make him move more...you know like he's alive...and make his mouth more....etc...add snow effects to the ride...fans that make cold breezes in some of the tunnels...I'm sure there are dozens of things that could/should be added to the ride that would improve it

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast