Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Mickey is not my Brother

Re: Possible error in Cars Land or I'm wrong and need some clarification...

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post

Is Frank not supposed to be the farmer?
    No Frank is the bull that looks over the herd they never established who owns the farm.

• Circle of Ancients

First off, I don't like this idea that the town is after Cars 2 and the ride is between the two movies. That makes absolutely no sense. I hope this isn't the case.

Is there any reference to Doc in the town of Radiator Springs (not the ride)?

I'm thinking since the land was planned before Cars 2 (in between the two movies) that is the time setting of the land and that the "12" is a reference to the year it opened.

Second, I always thought of Frank as the "Farmer" or at the very least the farmers "Sheep Dog". What bull protects Cows?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    Cars Land is set to a time period between Cars 1 and Cars 2. At least that is what was announced at the D23 Expo.
    This might not be true. All along Luigi's tire shop are photos and posters that reference the World Grand Prix (Cars2). There are also photos of Luigi with the Queen.

Quote Originally Posted by 999happyhants View Post
    I believe that on the Disney Parks Blog, it said that the entire land was between Cars and Cars 2. I can't find it but I know it was there. So Doc would still be alive since he was in RSR. And Lizzie is also in RSR so the might have just wanted to pay tribute to the year Cars Land opened, 2012.
    I may have to agree with you on this one. This may be the reason

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by litoljon View Post
    This might not be true. All along Luigi's tire shop are photos and posters that reference the World Grand Prix (Cars2). There are also photos of Luigi with the Queen.

I think you may be right. I haven't seen the posters yet, but that would date the land to Cars 2 time... if anyhting SLIGHTLY before the movie takes place, but Doc didn't die minutes before the movie starts...

I was also thinking becasue the Mater and Lightning characters that go around route 66 have lightnings racing decals from Cars 2 as well. So that too places the movie in that time frame.. if anything.... after the movie since Mater didn't have them at the begining.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    I think you may be right. I haven't seen the posters yet, but that would date the land to Cars 2 time... if anyhting SLIGHTLY before the movie takes place, but Doc didn't die minutes before the movie starts...

I was also thinking becasue the Mater and Lightning characters that go around route 66 have lightnings racing decals from Cars 2 as well. So that too places the movie in that time frame.. if anything.... after the movie since Mater didn't have them at the begining.
    If this is the case then I think its bad show on Disney's part because this is confusing. It may not be to the general guest, but they need to keep the timeline straight. If you are supposed to be in the same land as Cars Land when you are on RSR, then the time period should be the same. If they really wanted Doc to be there, then they should of made the rest of CL the same time frame. It doesn't make sense. I'm not trying to be too critical, but I think they need to get their time frame straight.

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by 999happyhants View Post
    If this is the case then I think its bad show on Disney's part because this is confusing. It may not be to the general guest, but they need to keep the timeline straight. If you are supposed to be in the same land as Cars Land when you are on RSR, then the time period should be the same. If they really wanted Doc to be there, then they should of made the rest of CL the same time frame. It doesn't make sense. I'm not trying to be too critical, but I think they need to get their time frame straight.
    No you are right, I am just wondering why they wouldn't just leave it at Cars 1.5 time frame. What was the benefit of being post Cars 2? since the cost would be loosing Doc. Very strange, I wonder if this one just got away from them.

• Sock Puppet

If it was really after Cars 2 then why doesn't it have the Doc Huston Museum? I think that would have been a really nice touch and a nice thing to do. They could have added alot of little details.

• "What? What?"

Ugh! Now I have to go watch both movies back to back and figure this out.

• HYDRA

Well if the town is in midle that would explain the sign stating sir tow mater
    and before I was going to leave on the 14 I was going to watch both because they were recorded on my DVR but the first cars is just frozen at like 40 minutes
    Stinken charter

• I am number 4 of 999

What about the DJ car? We assume he lives in Radiator Springs, as well, don't we?
    It's actually "Cars Land", not "Carsland".

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    Well if the town is in midle that would explain the sign stating sir tow mater
    and before I was going to leave on the 14 I was going to watch both because they were recorded on my DVR but the first cars is just frozen at like 40 minutes
    Stinken charter

Sir Tow Mater was towards the end of Cars 2. During the start of Cars 2, it just had Home of Lightning McQueen. So there is definitely a disconnect. The Welcome to Radiator Springs sign near the Bugs' Land entrance has Mcqueen and Sir Tow Mater.

Quote Originally Posted by yoda1138777 View Post
    by the time friday comes it will be 40,000
    Funny, But True!

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 07:58 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Is there any reference to Doc in the town of Radiator Springs (not the ride)?
    Next door to Flo's V8 is Dos'c clinic. The restrooms are around back of this in a sort of "green space" which is next to Sarges Surplus Hut.

Looking through my pictures I was able to find a picture from Luigi's to validate that Radiator Springs is post Cars 2 (not that I didn't believe those that said that before...).

Name:  Finn2.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  64.1 KB

With regard to Frank, whether he's the farmer or not, I guess I considered him to be outside of the town limits... out in the country somewhere, so I wasn't counting him.

Based on the fact that it happens after Cars 2, I agree that the population would be 12. I don't understand why the sign would have needed to change if Lightning moved and Doc died. It's clear that they intended it to look changed for some reason.

I also am not a big fan of the two different timelines for RSR versus Radiator Springs.

I kind of like the explanation put forth by CSei2011 about the 12 being the year Cars Land opened, but then don't know why the sign would have needed to appear changed.

Finally, we just watched Cars hoping to see the sign in the movie, but didn't see it.

That's all for now! Thanks to you all for the input!

Sychros
    Last edited by Sychros; 06-12-2012 at 08:39 PM.

• Mischievous Mouse

I thought it was...

•Sally
    •Sarge
    •Fillmore
    •Ramone
    •Flo
    •Luigi
    •Guido
    •Mater
    •Lizzie
    •Red
    •McQueen
    •Doc

That's 12 and was 11 before McQueen moved in.

Doc (Newman) and Fillmore (Carlin) as well as Red (Ranft) are literally deceased

I haven't been to Carsland yet... but..
    as you can see in this video starting at 1:01-1:05 Highlights from Cars Land's Radiator Springs Racers - YouTube the Doc is STILL part of radiator springs.

"We believed in our idea - a family park where parents and children could have fun- together."

-Walt Disney

• HYDRA

And Mack
    pie think that is a tribute to the year it opened

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast