• Fantasyland

1 1.49%
  • Something else over at DCA

9 13.43%
  • Something elsewhere at Disneyland

5 7.46%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• "What? What?"

Re: What do you think is the next project at the Disneyland Resort?

The return of Midget Autopia, now as "Radiator Springs Pre School". (for the kids not big enough to ride RSR)

and at the same time

The removal of Autopia at Disneyland. And then the formation of a new land, "Explorersland" which would use use the area of innoventions, matterhorn, submarines, autopia stretching all the way to where the Brave meet and greet is set up now. Nemo Subs (which has Under Sea Explorers) and Matterhorn (which is Mountain Explorers) would remian in the land, while the rest of the area is re-imagined.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Paradise Pier/Hollywood Land are rumored to be the next things to be started on.

Hey! You leave Soaring alone! As a California native who was dragged to Utah, I tear up at that burst of California pride I get every time I ride it!

I'd like to see some work done in Adventureland. Indy needs some TLC. Also, something must be done about how congested it gets. Possibly the restrooms and one or two stores could be taken out to free up some space. Or they could just paint some lanes to keep traffic flowing in the same direction if that makes sense. I will try to illustrate what I mean.

|^|v|stroller |v|^|
    |^|v|parking |v|^|
    |^|v|Area....|v|^|
    Last edited by SydneyMouse; 06-12-2012 at 10:19 PM.

When I was at the park a couple of weeks ago, I wandered into the very vacant Big Thunder Jamboree in the former Festival of Fools arena. There is so much unused space in that area of Frontierland. Based on that, the potential resurgence of the Western genre (ie. Hatfields and McCoys), and the fact that it only has one E-ticket to Tomorrowland's 2-4 (based on your definition), I have a feeling that Frontierland will be next.

That said, I'd love to see Tomorrowland get some TLC too.

Could Tomorrowland be done in stages to prevent capacity from being such a big issue? Start with the Autopia area: it wouldn't break my heart if it was gone completely, but I know it's a huge rite of passage for little guys, so maybe tighten it up, bring in the electric cars, enhance the theming in a huge way, etc. At the same time, add some kind of new attraction in the space that's freed up by losing some of the track (I have no idea what, but that's why I'm not an Imagineer!).

At the same time, put something worth seeing in Innoventions. I think it would actually be pretty cool to see something themed to the space program, both the work of NASA in the past and the still-present dream of leaving our atmosphere with private companies like SpaceX. There could be a whole moon area, maybe even with a harness contraption that lets guests "bounce" across the surface (I have no idea if that's plausible, I just think it sounds fun), a Mars area with...um...Martians, etc. Maybe not the most thrilling thing ever, but maybe a little moreso than the Microsoft displays.

Once those are reopened, attack the rest of the land and make it awesome. I don't see why Star Tours couldn't stay open most of the time with the judicious use of construction walls, and as long as everything isn't shut down at once, capacity wouldn't have to take a huge hit.

I have no idea if shutting pieces of the land down separately is remotely possible, but I sure would like to see Tomorrowland revamped.
    Last edited by 3duckgirl3; 06-13-2012 at 06:08 AM.

• Under that tree again!

Aside from rehabs or refreshening.

Next Winter the princesses will be moving out leaving the PFF open for something that could be ready for next Summer.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 3duckgirl3 View Post
    Could Tomorrowland be done in stages to prevent capacity from being such a big issue? Start with the Autopia area: it wouldn't break my heart if it was gone completely, but I know it's a huge rite of passage for little guys, so maybe tighten it up, bring in the electric cars, enhance the theming in a huge way, etc. At the same time, add some kind of new attraction in the space that's freed up by losing some of the track (I have no idea what, but that's why I'm not an Imagineer!).

After At the same time, put something worth seeing in Innoventions. I think it would actually be pretty cool to see something themed to the space program, both the work of NASA in the past and the still-present dream of leaving our atmosphere with private companies like SpaceX. There could be a whole moon area, maybe even with a harness contraption that lets guests "bounce" across the surface (I have no idea if that's plausible, I just think it sounds fun), a Mars area with...um...Martians, etc. Maybe not the most thrilling thing ever, but maybe a little moreso than the Microsoft displays.

Once those are reopened, attack the rest of the land and make it awesome. I don't see why Star Tours couldn't stay open most of the time with the judicious use of construction walls, and as long as everything isn't shut down at once, capacity wouldn't have to take a huge hit.

I have no idea if shutting pieces of the land down separately is remotely possible, but I sure would like to see Tomorrowland revamped.
    Its possible for sure since there are 3 ways into Tomorrowland that could start in the back..and work there way up front....

OR if Disney was really could they would open up a new Subland in Fronterland with an E ticket first then move on to closing down Tomorrowland ride by ride

• Element of Laughter

Here's my changes/additions, categorized by area:
    ADVENTURELAND: Bring back the Tahitian Terrace, add a juice/smoothie bar, themed to a world traveler, where they would serve a rotating selection of fruits, juices, and smoothies, alongside a permanent selection.
    FRONTIERLAND: Put something in the Festival Arena area, possibly either a Davy Crockett dark ride, or Western River Expedition(although I would rather see the latter in the "Disneyland that never was" section of my proposed "Disneyland Museum" 3rd gate), relocate the BBQ if space is needed.(see Fantasyland for an alternate use for that area)
    NEW ORLEANS SQUARE: Formulate a sugar free version of the mint julep served in area dining to be served alongside the regular, sugar sweetened version, as an alternative for those who, for whatever reason, limit their sugar intake.
    CRITTER COUNTRY: Not much here.
    FANTASYLAND: Tear down the Skyway station, and annex the Festival of Fools arena/Big Thunder BBQ area to Fantasyland, and rebuild Captain Hook's Pirate Ship and Skull Rock, keeping Big Thunder BBQ menu, and adding further dining options.
    MICKEY'S TOONTOWN: Not much here.
    TOMORROWLAND: Bring back the PeopleMover, but with updated technology. Convert the Autopia to either electric cars, or hydrogen cell cars, or some other alternative to fossil fuels. Replace Innoventions.
    ​Pinkamena Diane Pie, is that you?

From what I've been told about Tomorrowland, it is already something they're trying to do in stages. Stage One was the Sub Lagoon, Stage Two was Star Tours, Stage 3 is the People Mover tracks, and so and so forth. I think because of the popularity of the attractions in that area, Disney won't do a full scale shut down and renovation (even though it needs to be done).

• Dave

Blog Entries

I think it will be some time before anything new is added. I think the newest addition will be the new area being created as part of Fantasyland. After that I don't see much being added for some time. One attraction that was mentioned on another thread and i think would fit well in Fronterland is Pocahuntus. The movie takes place when Virginia was the fronter much like when Tom Sawyer's misisippi was the frontier. I think Frontierland is the only land in DL with out a dark ride. I think a shot-up drop down ride based on old Faithful would also work too.
    Dave

I think the suits will try and exploit what works best so far. TL has constant lines for SM, ST, and BLAB. The land seems to be a big draw.
    It sounds like Innoventions is most likely going to happen soon. It's a no brainer I would think.
    IMHO, as sacrilegious as it sounds, Autopia takes up A LOT of space. The initial loading area between Innoventions and Nemo could be home to a new C-ticket ride. The "roads" to the north seem to take up enough space for a whole new land ie: Avengers/Tron, etc.
    This is not a new concept. It's been hashed and rehashed on these boards. Autopia was there on opening day so there are those that would never dream of touching it.

I'd like to see a walk through 3D augmented reality attraction using something like the new google glasses. I'd love for Disney to take advantage of this new technology. Google Glasses: Will You Want Google Tracking Your Eyes? - ABC News

With kind regards,
    The Tony

• The Lucky Rabbit

I think Tomorowland will be the first area in Disneyland to get a makeover next. However it will also be one of the most costly. Here is what I think and why:

People Mover Track

The first thing is empty space, notably the People Mover track. The reason this is going to be costly is the damage that was created to the superstructures from the incomplete Rocket Rod's cause irreparable damage which is why the attraction never re-opened. The support columns were never designed for the high speed vehicles that ran over them. This was partially caused by the constant start and stop the ride vehicles required because Disney ran out of money (due to a lack of a sponsor) to redo the support columns and create banked turns. I know they are keeping the visible areas clean and re-painted but that is because they are "visual" and everything on stage, being used or not needs to look good. I can tell you that the areas the public does not typically see are becoming rusted and overgrown. So when they decide to redo this area not only will they need to block off most of these outdoor areas but traffic control for guests will become a nightmare. Secondly you have to remember that much of the track also goes through the Innoventions and Star Traders building and the supports in those buildings have also become depilated and need to be re-constructed. This is one reason I think we will see Star Traders and Innoventions worked on first and then the People Mover Track Attraction.

I do think that an updated People-Move would be the best here, as much as I would dream for some sort of Tron Lightcycle ride and I'll explain why I think Tron will be somewhere else down below.

Star Traders Second Floor

Whether this space is used for a Flynn's Arcade type space or maybe a small counter-service snack place (nothing fancy, more like a Carsland Cozy Cone type snack stand), it would be refurbished and put in and they would redo the superstructure for the old People Move track that runs through the building.

Innoventions

I can't tell you how much I enjoy the Carousel of Progress but I do not think it would be the best fit for the aging Innoventions building. I think the original concept to have a House of the Future was a good one, instead of the Microsoft Dream Home that currently resides in the lower floor. Other issues currently include outdated technology (I want to do a whole article on this sometime) and outdated displays on the second floor. ASIMO is cool, but he has advanced quite a bit since this was put in, a version of him was even used at the Fukishima power plant after the tsunami hit Japan. Anyway, I think what you will see here will be a combination house of the future and the first Marvel entry into Disneyland. Whether you love or hate Marvel, Disney owns them now and it's only a matter of time. And there is clearly one thing that would fit perfectly here, The Stark Expo. They consulted Disney Imagineers when designing that part of the movie, and Robert Sherman (co-writer with his brother of "It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" from the Carousel of Progress) wrote "Make Way for Tomorrow Today" (its the last track of the Iron Man 2 Soundtrack and can be heard lightly in the background of the movie). Another help to the House of the Future has to do with former and current connections. Steve Jobs (former CEO of Apple) originally had a strong board position with Disney before his passing (board presence came after Innoventions was installed with Microsoft's help), and Bob Iger (currently sits on Apple's Board of Directors). I would not be surprised that the next house of the future contain Apple products, and remember that Jonathan Ive (Apple's Guru of Design) helped create EVA from WALL-E.

CAPTAIN EO / HONEY I SHRUNK THE AUDIENCE

Captain EO is suppose to be a limited engagement and honey I shrunk the audience is getting dated. Clearly there will be another new show that will fit in this building. This is where I think we will see the Tron influence. By using newer seating technology that will have more degrees of motion, I think this is where we will see a Tron 4D Experience.

Anyway thats my two cents on the matter. I like hearing everyone's ideas though.
    "I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing ... That it was all started by a mouse ... and inspired by a rabbit."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123