Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Armchair Imagineer

Re: Radiator Springs Racers Ride Vehicle - How Does It Work?

Quote Originally Posted by SLUSHIE View Post
    Holy crap! I know I'm bringing back an old post here, but I just found something incredibly similar to what i was talking about. Disney filed a patent for a boat ride that works just exactly how I was thinking. Patent US8091483 - Amusement park ride with underwater-controlled boats - Google Patents

Too bad that same concept couldn't have been incorporated into RSR to simulate a drift at some point during the slower interior portion.
    You did a great research job, Slushie! Thanks for the valuable contribution to the discussion...

I've only ridden RSR once but I remember very well being in Luigi's and them simulating new tires being put on the car, then curtains part and you can see your car in the mirror to the left. Suddenly, another car pulls up randomly next to you on the right and then you start the race! At least that's how I remember it. I don't remember there being anything in between Luigi's car shop and racing. I'm still not exactly clear on where the other car comes from so I can't wait to ride again and hopefully will come in from the other side!

•   
    • ALL DISNEY ALL THE TIME

Blog Entries

The other car comes from ramones paint shop. Right before you go in to get your tires changed you get to go left or right, you went left
    Im here for fun and info not be a bully! Carsland here I come

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Trav1Disney View Post
    The other car comes from ramones paint shop. Right before you go in to get your tires changed you get to go left or right, you went left
    Which prompts a new question -- what happens in the paint shop scene and how do the special effects work?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Disney "Colorful"

They have Flo and Ramone giving you a new paint job before the big race. The special effects for the Paint gun robots are just misters with Flo and Ramone talking to you via a LCD Screen behind.

Web-hosting: 3dxhosting.com | Blog: anthonyhays.com | Pictures: Flickr | Facebook: Cakvala

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Evanator View Post
    Attachment 20688

Excuse my paint MS paint drawing skills, but I believe this is the ride layout (I have not personally experience the ride, this is based off of what I have seen in POVs of the ride).

First you enter the show building and go straight into Mac, take that quick right and left and see mini and van to your left and right (the wife on the right side of the track, the husband on the left, I think I mixed their names up), then you take a right turn and see a mini RSR in the distance, but realize you are going to be cut off by the incoming train. Thus you take another right and run into do behind the bill-board, and you take a left, and from here i numbered it out.

1. The first backwards mater, that talks to you then "goes behind the bushes" (the green stuff).
    2. The second backwards mater, "it's easy, just sneak up and honk. Just don't let frank catch ya"
    3. The first set of tipping cows, two that fall over.
    4. The tipping cow that releases a puff of smoke (mist or something) out of its "nose".
    5. Frank wakes up and you accelerate up the uphill straight away. (The change in elevation is denoted by the thicker track on the map.
    6. After the straight away you take a quick right and then a smooth left and are in town.
    7. You are coming in from the backside of Flo's and see Sarge and Fillmore on you right.
    8. Going into a gentle right you see the curious shop and then Red watering plants on your left.
    9. Sally and Lightning are straight ahead of you with the rest of the town behind them, and they lead you either into Luigi's or Ramone's.
    10. Luigi's is on the left here, you enter and go into the back room, and stop on a platform which shakes the vehicle around while the tires get changed out.
    11. Ramone's has two misting (paint) machines that move with your car on the straight away.
    12. You enter some sort of garage behind Luigi's and Ramone's somehow (???) and see Doc Hudson dressed as the Hudson Hornet while he preps you for the race, and then you enter a room with Luigi and Guido on your left who start your race around the outside.
    Thx for pointing out each scene... between this marked map and the various POVs on youtube, I feel like I know this ride very well (and have yet to ride it!!!)

Anyway, my question to anyone who knows or has a theory...
    What do the dashes on the ride track indicate? 1) Are they slow/stoping points on the ride so that you can view the various AAs? 2) Or are they storage points for when the ride is down for the night?

I voted for 2. My buddy says it is 1. Who is right? Or are we both wrong?

Very interesting regarding the switch track. When I first saw it posted online, I thought it may be to shorten the ride and this would only give you a chance for the tire room and only race against yourself as there would be only one car on the left side of the race portion. What benefit would this allow for?

Oh what I wouldn't give to see if there was any theming on this short portion of track. All of the POVs online point the camera at Mater (understandably) and miss pointing the camera to the opposite way so that we can see what is over there... THE RSR MYSTERY!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    My thought is that it is for bypass for adding cars
    but why not make it switch into taillight caverns
    if someone goes down soon ask and post it on here
    My guess is because there's a dual track in the tail light caverns, and the vehicles haven't been merged back onto one track for loading/unloading. At the point of the split in the show building, the cars are still on one track.

My best guess for the purpose of that shortcut is just that, a shortcut for maintenance to run vehicles through the track and not have to wait for them to peruse the entire show building before getting out onto the race track.
    *I am an employee of The Walt Disney Company*
    *All words above are my own and do not represent TWDC, nor do I speak on their behalf*
    *All words above conform to the Social Media policy distributed to employees; no confidential information is divulged*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123