Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Musical Fireman

Re: Chevron Gone at DCA

Well sometimes when Disney loses a sponsor they would slowly take out all of the signage associated with that company. Cases that did not include this was when Santa Fe did not want to renew their sponsorship of the DLRR all signage was down the next day including the riveted one on the monorail. Now if they discluded sponsorship of Autopia Disney must really be occupied with DCA to remove a few signs.

Hope that helps.

See ya walkin' down the middle of Main Street USA.

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

The website does not include "Presented by Chevron" anymore!

Autopia Ride - Tomorrowland Attractions - Disneyland Park

I've actually been suspecting Honda will take over sponsorship of Autopia for a long time. They've been testing the waters with sponsorships in Innoventions. With Microsoft now also in Innoventions, I suspect Honda might move to Autopia, hopefully with cars showing off Honda's electric car technology ala HKDL.

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    With the sub building underneath, there is not much that can be put there anyway. May as well just upgrade the existing attraction.
    This is something I've been wondering about for a long time. How big is the sub building under the ground, exactly? How much weight can be put on it? If autopia cars go on it, I'm assuming it would be fine for pedestrians. What about a shop? I understand this bars big attractions, but what exactly are the limitations of the sub building?

I've always been curious about this.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    With the sub building underneath, there is not much that can be put there anyway. May as well just upgrade the existing attraction.

The subs buildings not under the whole autopia track. It is only under portion of the old tomorrowland autopia. During the last revamp they merged the long fantasyland autopia with the tomorrow land autopia to make one big track.

If they wanted to they could tear out the huge autopia loading area along with the, old motorboat cruise area and large portion of the old fantasyland autopia area and create a large attraction. Even parts of the track could go over the sub building and it would be ok.

Right now the sub building does hold weight from the solid, autopia track and landscaping it might just not be able to hold a huge structure over it

I have a picture of the original blueprints aim going to look for it. It shows the sub building and the autopia tracks
    Last edited by Baloo; 06-13-2012 at 11:23 PM.

So, like, would a walkway for pedestrians or a shop of some kind be supported? A small shop - not like a big Emporium or anything.

If there was a refurb of the Submarines or a new Submarine attraction put there, could they reinforce the building?
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Team Hail HYDRA

It would be realy hard to rebuild the subs show building

Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post
    This is something I've been wondering about for a long time. How big is the sub building under the ground, exactly? How much weight can be put on it? If autopia cars go on it, I'm assuming it would be fine for pedestrians. What about a shop? I understand this bars big attractions, but what exactly are the limitations of the sub building?

I've always been curious about this.
    Why replace a ride with a shop and space for pedestrians?

I dont think Autopia will be going anywhere anytime soon, might change it up a bit, but I dont think it will be shut down anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by jsmith11618 View Post
    Why replace a ride with a shop and space for pedestrians?

I dont think Autopia will be going anywhere anytime soon, might change it up a bit, but I dont think it will be shut down anytime soon.
    agreed
    Murphy,with that neck, is like E.T. in dragon form

You're not thinking big enough. Examine the Google Earth again.

There's enough space for a whole new land the size of NOS, if not bigger.

I'm hoping that the sub building is just large enough to plop a shop or plaza of some sort on top of it and the rest of the land and associated attractions around it - especially if that new land ate up the subs, Matterhorn, and possibly Innoventions. Look at the clean triangle that can be formed in that side of the park between IaSW, Matterhorn, and Innoventions. It's the perfect real estate, EXCEPT for the sub-building. Which is why I want to know so much about it.

• Parking Lot > DCA

I've said this 100 times before, but I don't get why everyone is so hard pressed to rip out Autopia and slam another ride there. Obviously Autopia isn't what it used to be but who's not to say with the right people and sponsors working on it, it can't be something great again?

My fingers are crossed for a company like Honda coming in and re-vamping it. Electric cars aren't really the "future" anymore as much as they are the present, but I am sure they have some newer technology that could be implemented here.

Interesting!

Why are the little car things made by chevron still in the queue for autopia then? The little scenes with peppersghost chevron cars... You think Chevron just let them have it?

• "What? What?"

Finally got the photo of the main sign... and yes... no more chevron signage...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5983.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	112.6 KB 
ID:	21022
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by wallghost View Post
    Why are the little car things made by chevron still in the queue for autopia then? The little scenes with peppersghost chevron cars... You think Chevron just let them have it?
    The scenes are still there, but the gas station and billboards in the scenes have been stripped of any chevron icons.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 09:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    The Disneyland website still lists Autotopia as sponcered by Chevron...
    Autopia Ride | Tomorrowland Attractions | Disneyland Park
    I am going through all my photos trying to look for one of the sign. The licenes and dioramams have lost chevron logo, but I am not sure about the main sign.
    Presented by Chevron has just been removed from the website!
    Autopia Ride | Tomorrowland Attractions | Disneyland Park

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 09:33 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by explodingboy View Post
    I've said this 100 times before, but I don't get why everyone is so hard pressed to rip out Autopia and slam another ride there. Obviously Autopia isn't what it used to be but who's not to say with the right people and sponsors working on it, it can't be something great again?

My fingers are crossed for a company like Honda coming in and re-vamping it. Electric cars aren't really the "future" anymore as much as they are the present, but I am sure they have some newer technology that could be implemented here.
    They could put flying tires on them...
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast