Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sad?

Sad?

Is anyone else a little bit sad that the expansion is over in less than a week???
    I mean yah it's great and fantastic and everything looks a trillion times better than it did in DCA 1.0 but for me at least it will be kinda sad not seeing the sneak peeks and ride through every week.....
    does anyone else feel this way as well?

Re: Sad?

A little. I think Disney will need to put out some information about future projects soon. My guess is they will start hyping Princess Fantasy Faire and a new show for Fantasyland Theater soon and save the big announcements for D23 next year. The Southern California amusement park market has become more competitive of late so Disney will need to keep their name in the headlines since after Carsland opens, attention will turn towards the other local parks. Admittedly, none of them attract as much attention as Disneyland to begin with but they all have some pretty big projects coming up that should at least bring in the locals. Magic Mountain is expected to open Lex Luthor and announce a replacement for Log Jammer (rumor is that it will be a new coaster that will set the record for longest in the world). Knott's has the 40 anniversary of Haunt. Universal has Horror Nights and Harry Potter.

I'm a bit sad, but more excited to see all the new things. Besides, I enjoy frequently watching ride through's of all rides, especially when they do updates and I haven't gotten to see it yet.
    example: ariel's new hair when they updated the Little Mermaid ride awhile back in April or May.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

YES....i think its always cool to see what we'll be getting.....but I'm sure in 6 months or so we'll start see concept art for things coming to the resort next summer

• Shifting cargo

A part of me will be sad that there will no longer be any more projects to be worked on for now and I won't be able to follow something from its small conception to its opening. However, I won't miss all of the construction walls and obstructed views on the park. It'll all be cleaner looking without all of the walls.

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Let's see... Will I miss having to walk through one of the most boring mazes of construction fencing in the history of Disney parks, feeling like cattle on my way to a branding?

Nope.

• Hello Dolly.

I can't believe it's over but I'm ready for it to be over!
    August can't come soon enough!

• Minion

I'm sad because I probably won't be able to experience any of the new stuff for myself until at least October!

I happen to love design, construction, refurbishment, etc. so it's a bit of a letdown. I am, of course, super excited to experience everything that is new, but I can't wait for the next project to get started!

"It's something that will never be finished. Something that I can keep developing...and adding to."

• I am not a Krusty Krab

dateline disneyland is gonna be out of news soon lol

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• All-American

I'm definitely a little sad. I first joined MiceChat during my first year of college as an architecture student, so that I could more easily follow the construction going on out west. MiceChat made nice late night company at 3:00 when nobody else was in studio (and when it was only midnight on the west coast, so conversation was buzzing). Watching steel rise on the Little Mermaid and seeing all the construction jargon fly around definitely taught me more about my own career path... and I'll miss taking a break in the middle of the night to check on the Mattercam. A few weeks ago, appropriately, I graduated, so one ending coincides with another.

I definitely plan to keep using MiceChat, though!

• Minion

ORWEN: I'm not sad I'm GLAD!!! There's too much to be positive about instead of being sad over the loss of construction walls. If I'm sad about anything ti's that DCA didn't open with all these nice cosmetics and attractions right from the start!

• Future Imagineer! =D

I'm sad and glad. No more construction walls, woohoo! However, it's sad because now I can't keep buzzing and buzzing about the "new rides" or "new shows" coming out. Been there, done that! Now the general public will be able to see it too and all our buzz will calm down.

At the same time, I know DCA is not yet finished (at least hopefully not!) and we'll be hearing of more refurbs soon. We'll also be hearing more and more about the Fantasyland stuff. Can't wait until we get more info on expansions!
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

no way am I said! I'm happy!! I'll be even happier once we're there to experience all the new offerings this Friday!!
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• formerly very helpful

It's like a vacation. You look forward to the trip for long time, you enjoy it when it comes, just as we'll enjoy the brand new open/completed DCA, and it will be all fresh and exciting. But then will come the letdown when the trip comes to a close, and all you've looked forward to for so long has finished. The trick is to soon have something new to look foreward to. I'm sure there will be another project to be announced sooner or later. There always has been.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast