Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: One More Land Would Make DCA a full day resort!

Quote Originally Posted by frankiefalzon View Post
    You can choose to count only six lands, but as of today the 15th, Disneyland updated their lands apart of the expansion, with Golden State being divided into 3 seperate lands, Grizzly Peak, Condor Flats, and Pacific Wharf. Here is a link to it on the DL website.
    Land Descriptions Disney California Adventure Park | Disneyland Resort
    New Map Maps | Disneyland Resort
    Wow!

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Put a new California-themed Country Bears show in place of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. A Bug's Land can remain for the kids as long as it gets some refurbishments and beautification. Demolish the Paradise Pier Hotel and the overflow parking lot (building a second parking structure in place of what I believe is the Lilo lot? The one next to Mickey and Friends that always has school buses). A covered bridge can cross from Paradise Pier over the roadway below and into the former home of the hotel. In the gigantic new space would be a land where the rich history of California would be represented. We already have National Parks, aviation tributes, 1920's LA, 1940's Hollywood (Hollywood Land would also get a remodel), the beaches, the deserts, and some of Northern California, now we just need some more historical references and features thrown in there. For instance, part of the new land can be themed to 1800's San Francisco at the time of the Gold Rush, my idea for Golden River Expedition (Western River redone and revised to match the Gold Rush), a Mystic Manor-type attraction, maybe even a mine car attraction (differing from Big Thunder of course), and the most expansive and probably most expensive idea yet: a mega dark ride in lieu of Epcot, telling the history of California from the last Great Ice Age to the future of the Golden State.

It'd cost about another $2,000,000,000 but it'd be worth it!
    I love your ideas but i would say 3 billion dollars along with dca's phase 2

• Just good enough

I think that DCA is almost a complete park as it is. With the addition of WOC along with Cars Land, you're really going to have to choose which you want to attend (Cars Land at night or WOC). That being said, you can't attend WOC and Fantasmic on the same night or the fireworks (on most nights that is, or at least not without having a good viewing spot for each one). Cars Land was the completion of the park and in doing so will extend the vacations for most families because Cars Land really is a night-time attraction to say the least.
    "Up" is a relative concept. It has no intrinsic value.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Put a new California-themed Country Bears show in place of the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail. A Bug's Land can remain for the kids as long as it gets some refurbishments and beautification. Demolish the Paradise Pier Hotel and the overflow parking lot (building a second parking structure in place of what I believe is the Lilo lot? The one next to Mickey and Friends that always has school buses). A covered bridge can cross from Paradise Pier over the roadway below and into the former home of the hotel. In the gigantic new space would be a land where the rich history of California would be represented. We already have National Parks, aviation tributes, 1920's LA, 1940's Hollywood (Hollywood Land would also get a remodel), the beaches, the deserts, and some of Northern California, now we just need some more historical references and features thrown in there. For instance, part of the new land can be themed to 1800's San Francisco at the time of the Gold Rush, my idea for Golden River Expedition (Western River redone and revised to match the Gold Rush), a Mystic Manor-type attraction, maybe even a mine car attraction (differing from Big Thunder of course), and the most expansive and probably most expensive idea yet: a mega dark ride in lieu of Epcot, telling the history of California from the last Great Ice Age to the future of the Golden State.

It'd cost about another $2,000,000,000 but it'd be worth it!
    I really like your ride concepts, they are many of the same things I would like to see added to the park. But I just can't see them expanding the park into the space of the PPH and Simba lot. I agree with the other poster that said that Bug's Land should go to make space for a new land eventually. But they should definitely do more work on PP and HL before that. Oh, and it's Pinocchio that's the flat lot near M&F.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Eonevoli1017 View Post
    I think that DCA is almost a complete park as it is. With the addition of WOC along with Cars Land, you're really going to have to choose which you want to attend (Cars Land at night or WOC). That being said, you can't attend WOC and Fantasmic on the same night or the fireworks (on most nights that is, or at least not without having a good viewing spot for each one). Cars Land was the completion of the park and in doing so will extend the vacations for most families because Cars Land really is a night-time attraction to say the least.
    What Disney Execs want is for you and I to spend there the whole day at DCA meaning you won't have time to visit DL at all the same day and stay at the resort 2 to 3 days, so in order for this to happen one more land would do it . or even maybe a DCA Phase 2 like revamping HL example adding a couple of C or D ticket attractions in stage 17 and stage 12 also the animation academy can go for me as well and add an E ticket there or adding an attraction behind CS where the maliboomer was and the redwood greek challenge could go and make a C attraction for kids as well
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-15-2012 at 08:33 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Weaver View Post
    I agree totally. The used to build a "realm" and then give you a choice of different ways to experience it. Rivers of America once had 5 different watercraft: Mark Twain, Columbia, Keel Boats, Canoes, Rafts. The area of Frontierland that became Nature's Wonderland once had 4 attractions (Pack Mules, Stagecoach, Conestoga Wagons, Rainbow Caverns Mine Train) all sharing the same show area. Casey Jr. and Storybookland Canal Boats share some of the same real estate. At one time, Tomorrowland Autopia, Fantasyland Autopia, Motor Boat Cruise, Monorail, PeopleMover and Submarines were all either contiguous or overlapping. The PeopleMover itself passed in or near Adventure Thru Inner Space, Space Mountain, the Innoventions Building, and the America the Beautiful/BLAB building in addition to passing near Monorail, Autopia and the submarines. Even the Disneyland Railroad skirts other attractions and passes by all lands. The synergy of overlapping attractions and waving to people on other attractions was part of the appeal. Nowadays everything is separated and compartmentalized.
    Exactly, I think that having several rides in a similarly themed environment is what really holds guests attention and is what place making is all about.

Even if you just ride Storybook Land Canal Boats, its cool to see Casey Jr. Circus Train go by, as well as see the Dumbo, even if you don't ride. It gives a kinetic feel to the area.

I think this is part of the appeal of Carsland, if Carsland was just RSR and Flo's and a couple shops, it wouldn't be as such a big hit as it is.

Paradise Pier almost has this dynamic, BUT California Screamin' goes fast, and the Ferris Wheel, like the roller coaster, is was up in the air and the land feels like separate rides setup in a dilapidated amusement park, not organically flowing through and around each other like Casey Jr. and Storybook Land Canal Boats.

GRR is just one ride. Yeah, there is nice atmosphere and with the trees, but it's more of a mild thrill ride as it doesn't have anything character, movie, story, related slapped on it. Even Knotts might add a Snoopy theme to it, but its just generic. I also don't like Khali River rapids in Animal Kingdom as we're talking about essentially the same generic ride. Both of these rides are better than doing nothing, but with Disney you expect the Carsland wow factor.

I say . . . tear out GRR. They supposedly thought about adding a mine train, but the mountain was not structurally able to support this. Keep the nice trees, but add three or more rides, and ones that enter and exit each others space. I personally think a Seven Dwarfs Mine Train (or boat ride) plus Snow White village, plus two or three others rides would work. Carthay Circle pays tribute to Snow White, Walt Disney 1st animated feature, a grounbreaking film . . . and behind it is a Knott's Berry Farm style ride.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

I picked up the new park map yesterday and was just floored by how amazing the park is now compared to when this thing opened. I think you almost have a full day park as is, but you'll need all of those rides to be up and running. I would love to see one or two more E ticket rides at which point I think you'll have your full day. Compare DCA to, say, Disneyland Paris's WD Studios and you'll get a sense of how amazing the new and improved DCA really is. Two more E tickets, and I think you could call it a day.

• Oh, I just LOVE your hat!

O/T but the numbers for future investments keep being brought up.. Does anyone know how much spending/investment money Disney has for its parks? I know its probably beyond a lot but...
    Because Bert Said So!

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Could be wrong....but I have a feeling Bugsland will leave us one day for a new "land" with a new E ticket/restaurant...i think that would pull people in more then the land as is

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I picked up the new park map yesterday and was just floored by how amazing the park is now compared to when this thing opened. I think you almost have a full day park as is, but you'll need all of those rides to be up and running. I would love to see one or two more E ticket rides at which point I think you'll have your full day. Compare DCA to, say, Disneyland Paris's WD Studios and you'll get a sense of how amazing the new and improved DCA really is. Two more E tickets, and I think you could call it a day.
    Where would you add them?

• Mickey is not my Brother

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is very popular with the kids and constantly meets its capacity Also it is well themed for the Grizzly Peak Area that beings said Grizzly Peak still needs more attractions and I would find a way about retrofitting GRR or adding a nother attraction to dead space outside the Grand Californian.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is very popular with the kids and constantly meets its capacity Also it is well themed for the Grizzly Peak Area that beings said Grizzly Peak still needs more attractions and I would find a way about retrofitting GRR or adding a nother attraction to dead space outside the Grand Californian.
    i agree but they would prefer a c ticket attraction

• Dave

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post
    GRR just needs some animatronics and extra plussing. Other than that, I say don't mess with it. That land in general is practically perfect as is, in my opinion. It's a wonderful representation of the kind of lower Sierra Nevadas I used to live in as a kid, and it always makes me stop and grin when I walk through that land at night. It could maybe use one more major attraction, but sadly the DVC expansion of the GrCa hotel blocked off that option.

As to general balance of lands - I count 6:

1. Buena Vista Street
    2. Carsland
    3. Hollywoodland
    4. a bugs land
    5. Paradise Pier
    6. The Golden State
    -Which consists of the sublands:
    +Condor Flats
    +Grizzly Peak
    +Pacific Wharf
    +Napa Wineries & associated remainder of central 'Golden State' area.

I choose to count it like that because it evens out the things to do in each land a bit. But the point still stands: there's just a lot less to do per land. I think there's still a lot of plussing and cleaning house to do before they focus on simply 'adding' any more - especially if the Company plans on focusing on truly 'adding' things to DL proper, there won't be any budget left over for blockbuster expansion projects across the Esplanade.
    Oranos I think you make some interesting points.
    First I think the next area that could use some work is Hollywoodland starting with the name I profered Hollywood Back lot it had a better sound but that is a minor point. I think the land should keep its current shows because that really fits. I would take out or update monters inc (By calling it Monsterwood a trip through monsterwood or taking it out and putting in rocking coaster which very much goes with the area.
    Second they need to ax these sublands and devide Golden State into two seperate lands. One would include Pacific Warf with its' walk throughs including the Blue Sky Cellar (I feel it would be ok to have a land with out a ride), and the other would keep the name Golden State including the rapids soaring, and the trail. Also maybe update Soarin as ride that goes through China town, Death Valley, and other parts of the State.

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 01:07 PM ----------

Just another point I like the rapids, but adding some anamotronics or turning some of it into a subterrianl river really would improve the experience. I think this type of upgrade would put this up with the matterhorn when they added the snow man and the other features back in 78. I think the ride really has the potential to be a cut above similir rides. add a grizzely that seems to following you along the way and I really think a subterrianal tunnel with bats and gold could really make this one unique!
    Dave

•   

I would still love to see a Buena Vista Street themed building or vintage Studio, that could house all the Disney Archives from the Walt Disney Studios and WED/WDI Imagineering, much like the Disney Family Museum has done. Keep it here in California where it began.
    Last edited by DisWedWay; 06-20-2012 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac Daddy View Post
    I feel like while DCA might lack a couple rides to be a "full-day park", I feel like the amount of shows it has make it a full day park right now. Just the sheer amount of stuff - WOC, Pixar Parade, the random mini-parades (Army Men & Phineas & Ferb), Aladdin, daytime fountain shows, all the new entertainment on BVS, the Dancing with Disney and Mad T Party.

I mean, I feel like you could spend a good half of your day jumping from show to show if that was your thing to make up for what DCA lacks in quantity of rides.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast