Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: One More Land Would Make DCA a full day resort!

Sorry, new here, but does anyone have a picture of the actual new park map? Like the one they hand out at the park. Thanks!

I think if they built a "Go West Young Man" type theme, it would tie in with the Route 66 area... AND, to stay true to Walt, (who liked the old West theme, as was in old Disneyland, with a stage coach ride, and horses, etc... ) You could have a western ghost town, maybe a mining camp, stagecoaches... You could do a lot with that!

Quote Originally Posted by DCAfanatic View Post
    With Cars Land and Buena Vista already Done, I believe one more land would finally make DCA into full day resort which is what Disney Executives want , the Land would have to be as big as Cars Land if they could place it in the Simba Parking lot would be a great fit and could probably add 3 attractions there calling it example "pixar land" with a "incredibles" attraction and a "wall-e" attraction and also an "UP" attraction, Pixar HQ is in California so it will fit well , but who knows if it will be ever a full day resort even with an additional land! share your thoughts!
    OMG ! It's been less than a week since the new lands opened and already your trying to say that it's not enough? Why can't we give this little "Billion Dollar" re-hab a little time to work it's magic.

If you want DCA to be a full day park, standing by itself, then ask for some "plussing" in Hollywood Land. There are 2 empty soundstages over there, and under performing 3-D attraction, a poor excuse for a dark ride and a whole backlot area that needs A LOT of help. All we have now is the Mad T Party overlay, which is only active at night.

Let's make this area into something worth visiting, during the day, for more than 20 minutes. Maybe a new D Ticket or E Ticket ride, a new dark ride to replace/update Muppets, or even a true "Hollywood Land" with a Hollywood Hills facade with the HOLLYWOODLAND letters on it (similar to Toon Town) with a dark ride inside/under it?

This would certainly go a long way to adding things to do in the park.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by tunktooies View Post
    I think if they built a "Go West Young Man" type theme, it would tie in with the Route 66 area... AND, to stay true to Walt, (who liked the old West theme, as was in old Disneyland, with a stage coach ride, and horses, etc... ) You could have a western ghost town, maybe a mining camp, stagecoaches... You could do a lot with that!
    You are so Dead On, this is the only thing DCA is missing, then it would become a full day resort! If Walt was alive he would demand this on the Spot !

---------- Post added 06-20-2012 at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by d que blog View Post
    OMG ! It's been less than a week since the new lands opened and already your trying to say that it's not enough? Why can't we give this little "Billion Dollar" re-hab a little time to work it's magic.

If you want DCA to be a full day park, standing by itself, then ask for some "plussing" in Hollywood Land. There are 2 empty soundstages over there, and under performing 3-D attraction, a poor excuse for a dark ride and a whole backlot area that needs A LOT of help. All we have now is the Mad T Party overlay, which is only active at night.

Let's make this area into something worth visiting, during the day, for more than 20 minutes. Maybe a new D Ticket or E Ticket ride, a new dark ride to replace/update Muppets, or even a true "Hollywood Land" with a Hollywood Hills facade with the HOLLYWOODLAND letters on it (similar to Toon Town) with a dark ride inside/under it?

This would certainly go a long way to adding things to do in the park.
    Exactly but Were talking about a full day resort!

• Senior Minion

Why in the world would they add another Frontierland when we already have one and its in desperate need of some new life? Western iconography isn't even very Californian and a ghost town to me isn't very Disney. I don't want to see a relic of the past, I'd want to be transported to a boom town when the town was bustling with growth and excitement, if that's what they were going to do. Perhaps that's what you meant, but I still don't think its a great fit. Why not add a Chinatown, which fits California better and which Walt had actually wanted to build in DL himself?

Without a doubt HL is the highest priority and first place that should get a new attraction and improved place-making. It really needs an E-ticket that caters to most of the family. ToT is great but too scary/rough for a lot of people and the land is still a mess. Next Paradise Pier needs to be completed, the improvements are nice, but it feels incomplete at best. I'd hold off on the changes to Condor Flats until they are going to do a larger renovation of that area. To me its a waste just to make minor changes that won't really improve it much. When they do add a new land, BL should go and it should be a major project. But that can probably wait for at least 10 years, probably more like 15-20.
    Last edited by Uncle Bob; 06-20-2012 at 05:40 PM.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by calsig31 View Post
    If a new land is added, I would like to see a non-character based, educational experience. Maybe something similar to the World Showcase, but with a California theme.
    i personally think the park is already a show case of California, you got the paradise pier which is based on the life at the beach, Hollywood land life in the movie industry and inspired by the Golden Age ofHollywood in the 1930s ,Condor Flats is themed after an airfield in tribute to California's pilots and engineers from the 1940s to the mid-1960s and the era's aeronautical achievement, Buena vista street where all of Disney started, Grizzly Peak is themed to California's wilderness and national parks with particular references to Yosemite and Redwood national parks, A Bugs land well that land is just for fun XD, cars land was just for fun but im also guessing because that over the years since the beginning of cars this state was obsessed with cars and still is (im talking about real cars XD) so now they are part of California history. So yeah im saying this park is already a showcase for California.

•   

​They really need to put a lot of Walt's West back into Fronteirland at Disneyland, and they have the room to do it. Tony Baxter could help there. Actually the original Carthay Circle theater was heavily themed inside with the Old West with the Donner Party being one item, and a statue of "Dan the Miner" stood outside in the fountain with water running from his Gold mining pan. Dan is still standing close to the old Carthay location. Wish they would make a casting and put him in the new Buena Vista Street Fountain. He is 7 feet tall so they could make him smaller for scale. PD
    Last edited by DisWedWay; 06-20-2012 at 07:57 PM.

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Cortes View Post
    If a new land is added, I would like to see a non-character based, educational experience. Maybe something similar to the World Showcase, but with a California theme.
    i personally think the park is already a show case of California, you got the paradise pier which is based on the life at the beach, Hollywood land life in the movie industry and inspired by the Golden Age ofHollywood in the 1930s ,Condor Flats is themed after an airfield in tribute to California's pilots and engineers from the 1940s to the mid-1960s and the era's aeronautical achievement, Buena vista street where all of Disney started, Grizzly Peak is themed to California's wilderness and national parks with particular references to Yosemite and Redwood national parks, A Bugs land well that land is just for fun XD, cars land was just for fun but im also guessing because that over the years since the beginning of cars this state was obsessed with cars and still is (im talking about real cars XD) so now they are part of California history. So yeah im saying this park is already a showcase for California.
    Go back and read my entire post. I was talking about a showcase of the cultures that make up CA. There is nothing in the park representing that, just geographic locations and landmarks. I spoke of pavillions like the World Showcase in EPCOT, but representing the cultures that contributed significantly to CA, starting with the natives.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by Alberto Cortes View Post
    Yeah they even have an LA times article about this adding another billion!

• Dave

Blog Entries

I think making Hooywood land more emersive should be the next phase. I would not take out the shows, or the artistic walk through both really help the area. I would put a rockin Coaster in one of the show building and get planet holleywood to sponser it. I would make some updates to The rapids and keep the bear head it gives it charcter
    Dave

• -

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    I would make some updates to The rapids and keep the bear head it gives it charcter
    Make the eyes on the bear blink in sequence with World of Color.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

I just joined this thread and read/skimmed about everything and I think we've collectively come to the following conclusions:

1. Golden State doesn't exist anymore. Pacific Wharf just got upgraded to full land status. Gone is "The Bay Area" and "Golden Vine Winery" as separate sub locations. Grizzly Peak Recreational Area is now just Grizzly Peak.

2. Folks have griped that they shouldn't be taking away anymore parking locations. The parking location behind DCA is not used for parking anymore. There's a LOT of land there for expansion, especially if you include A Bug's Land.

Okay so that's the facts. I think they definitely need a new land but I prefer they take the time to flesh out the existing lands while thinking up something as strong as Cars Land for the area.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Angry Re: One More Land Would Make DCA a full day resort!

Make the eyes on the bear blink in sequence with World of Color.
    Thats dumb. I'm sorry, but i hope you were joking.

DCA is still on its path to being a full day park, they just finished a five year expansion, they needed to take a breather so the guests can enjoy it, but believe me, its still going to expand. To those of you who made suggestions on California themed offerings like ghost towns, native lands, hiking trails, Ca. showcases, and educational offerings, -thats what oringinal Disney's California Adventure was about. Now its Disney California Adventure, if they had the time and money, im sure most of the park would not exist right now, but they could only do a patch-up job for now. Soarin' is a good ride, but has to go because it no longer fits the new DISNEY theme they're trying to put in. For those of you that don't know, There IS a surfing themed thrill ride in DCA its called California Screamin' and its original theme failed! Most all your ideas for California educational theming failed! Thats why we have carsland, thats why we have buena vista street thats why they tore out most of the iconic california images like the golden gate bridge, farmlands, and tacky tourist rides, because it all failed.

On another note, Pixar IS disney, thats it, have you noticed that Pixar movies are now more successful than animated disney movies of today? NO pixarland, it wouldn't look right. But lands or rides based off of indevidual Pixar movies ARE a good idea especially since more people share a better emotional connection to Pixar movies than they do movies like Oliver & Company or Atlantis, or freakin BAMBI 2. Or Cinderella 3 for that matter. Pixar movies are what is currently the best in modern disney animated movies and because they belong to disney, they automatically are eligable to be considered for a park attraction. SO no more talk about "Educational California" or destroying bugsland, because they aren't gonna do it. Bugsland is successful for the sole fact that 3/4 of their attractions have NO height requirements! Thats why! Look at Carsland, height requirements up the yin-yang! Thats why Bugsland is successful. But yes, i do believe it would be more so, if it had a dark ride. -a good one. And as for what is left of the Timon lot, the only entrance to that land would have to be through Carsland because they will not demolish a super expensive trolly roundhouse that they just built to make room for a walkway. No, they won't and those green buildings in that area that you see from google maps are much needed meintenance buildings for DCA. Those are new and expensive so just so you know, those stay. OK i've said all that i need to, i just had to get this off my chest because these suggestions i was hearing through these past 5 pages are all that Disney has TRIED to do, but the guests don't want it.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by ayalexander View Post
    Thats dumb. I'm sorry, but i hope you were joking.

Let's not insult other's ideas please. And they were obviously joking.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post
    Let's not insult other's ideas please. And they were obviously joking.
    I'm just upset that these people asked for Carsland and Buena Vista Street to replace the old DCA look and now their asking for it again. -I don't mean to be insulting, but their ideas are insulting.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast