Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

• Cars Land Rocks!

Re: One More Land Would Make DCA a full day resort!

Quote Originally Posted by CSC View Post
    I feel like while DCA might lack a couple rides to be a "full-day park", I feel like the amount of shows it has make it a full day park right now. Just the sheer amount of stuff - WOC, Pixar Parade, the random mini-parades (Army Men & Phineas & Ferb), Aladdin, daytime fountain shows, all the new entertainment on BVS, the Dancing with Disney and Mad T Party.

I mean, I feel like you could spend a good half of your day jumping from show to show if that was your thing to make up for what DCA lacks in quantity of rides.
    I agree. I think DCA is already a full day park for someone trying to see everything. If you are one of those people who only do rides, then it is not a full day park. If I'm taking someone to DCA who has never been there, and we only have one day in the park, we need the full day. That doesn't mean there isn't still room for expansion, or using parts of the park that currently have dead spots, but with the addition of Cars Land, and the other entertainment, the park is already there.

I've been to Epcot with people who only do rides, and that was not fun. Epcot is a two day park for us, for others it is a half day park .... Just depends on what you're in to.

• King of Los Angeles

I think it'd be cool if the land beyond Tower and behind Racers was saved until after Lee Unchrich's planned Dia De Los Muertos movie. I'd love to see the Hispanic influence in an Olvera Street that was constantly celebrating Dia de Los Muertos and ride that took you into the movie.

• "What? What?"

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    I think it'd be cool if the land beyond Tower and behind Racers was saved until after Lee Unchrich's planned Dia De Los Muertos movie. I'd love to see the Hispanic influence in an Olvera Street that was constantly celebrating Dia de Los Muertos and ride that took you into the movie.
    How funny... I was just writting an article about this last night. This movie has potential to expand a lot into the parks. The demographic of Southern Calfiornia doesnt hurt either.
    @FromMatterhorn on Twitter

• King of Los Angeles

Quote Originally Posted by ArchimedesWhatWhat View Post
    How funny... I was just writting an article about this last night. This movie has potential to expand a lot into the parks. The demographic of Southern Calfiornia doesnt hurt either.
    It would be such a good fit. He's brilliant, and the theme is so imaginative. I can't imagine it'll be anything less than amazing.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by ayalexander View Post
    Thats dumb. I'm sorry, but i hope you were joking.

DCA is still on its path to being a full day park, they just finished a five year expansion, they needed to take a breather so the guests can enjoy it, but believe me, its still going to expand. To those of you who made suggestions on California themed offerings like ghost towns, native lands, hiking trails, Ca. showcases, and educational offerings, -thats what oringinal Disney's California Adventure was about. Now its Disney California Adventure, if they had the time and money, im sure most of the park would not exist right now, but they could only do a patch-up job for now. Soarin' is a good ride, but has to go because it no longer fits the new DISNEY theme they're trying to put in. For those of you that don't know, There IS a surfing themed thrill ride in DCA its called California Screamin' and its original theme failed! Most all your ideas for California educational theming failed! Thats why we have carsland, thats why we have buena vista street thats why they tore out most of the iconic california images like the golden gate bridge, farmlands, and tacky tourist rides, because it all failed.

On another note, Pixar IS disney, thats it, have you noticed that Pixar movies are now more successful than animated disney movies of today? NO pixarland, it wouldn't look right. But lands or rides based off of indevidual Pixar movies ARE a good idea especially since more people share a better emotional connection to Pixar movies than they do movies like Oliver & Company or Atlantis, or freakin BAMBI 2. Or Cinderella 3 for that matter. Pixar movies are what is currently the best in modern disney animated movies and because they belong to disney, they automatically are eligable to be considered for a park attraction. SO no more talk about "Educational California" or destroying bugsland, because they aren't gonna do it. Bugsland is successful for the sole fact that 3/4 of their attractions have NO height requirements! Thats why! Look at Carsland, height requirements up the yin-yang! Thats why Bugsland is successful. But yes, i do believe it would be more so, if it had a dark ride. -a good one. And as for what is left of the Timon lot, the only entrance to that land would have to be through Carsland because they will not demolish a super expensive trolly roundhouse that they just built to make room for a walkway. No, they won't and those green buildings in that area that you see from google maps are much needed meintenance buildings for DCA. Those are new and expensive so just so you know, those stay. OK i've said all that i need to, i just had to get this off my chest because these suggestions i was hearing through these past 5 pages are all that Disney has TRIED to do, but the guests don't want it.
    Wow this was well said and you're right people love pixar its the it thing in the parks!

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ayalexander View Post
    Thats dumb. I'm sorry, but i hope you were joking.

DCA is still on its path to being a full day park, they just finished a five year expansion, they needed to take a breather so the guests can enjoy it, but believe me, its still going to expand. To those of you who made suggestions on California themed offerings like ghost towns, native lands, hiking trails, Ca. showcases, and educational offerings, -thats what oringinal Disney's California Adventure was about. Now its Disney California Adventure, if they had the time and money, im sure most of the park would not exist right now, but they could only do a patch-up job for now. Soarin' is a good ride, but has to go because it no longer fits the new DISNEY theme they're trying to put in. For those of you that don't know, There IS a surfing themed thrill ride in DCA its called California Screamin' and its original theme failed! Most all your ideas for California educational theming failed! Thats why we have carsland, thats why we have buena vista street thats why they tore out most of the iconic california images like the golden gate bridge, farmlands, and tacky tourist rides, because it all failed.

On another note, Pixar IS disney, thats it, have you noticed that Pixar movies are now more successful than animated disney movies of today? NO pixarland, it wouldn't look right. But lands or rides based off of indevidual Pixar movies ARE a good idea especially since more people share a better emotional connection to Pixar movies than they do movies like Oliver & Company or Atlantis, or freakin BAMBI 2. Or Cinderella 3 for that matter. Pixar movies are what is currently the best in modern disney animated movies and because they belong to disney, they automatically are eligable to be considered for a park attraction. SO no more talk about "Educational California" or destroying bugsland, because they aren't gonna do it. Bugsland is successful for the sole fact that 3/4 of their attractions have NO height requirements! Thats why! Look at Carsland, height requirements up the yin-yang! Thats why Bugsland is successful. But yes, i do believe it would be more so, if it had a dark ride. -a good one. And as for what is left of the Timon lot, the only entrance to that land would have to be through Carsland because they will not demolish a super expensive trolly roundhouse that they just built to make room for a walkway. No, they won't and those green buildings in that area that you see from google maps are much needed meintenance buildings for DCA. Those are new and expensive so just so you know, those stay. OK i've said all that i need to, i just had to get this off my chest because these suggestions i was hearing through these past 5 pages are all that Disney has TRIED to do, but the guests don't want it.
    Utter nonsense. The reason DCA failed was a lack of quality. Everything does not need to be themed to a movie to build a great theme park. Bugs Land will go, mark my words. The roundhouse for the trolley was not super expensive. Have you ever designed a prefab steel building? Well I have, and they're not that expensive. But you got it off your chest, so I guess you can feel better for now, at least until they rip out Bug's Land.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

•   
    • Minion

I think there is still a lot of space that can be used for attractions. I can't wait to see what they do and what DCA looks like at age 20, 30, 40 and 50! I think they could make some great attractions that stretch the boundaries of the parks behind PP. Maybe they could even get rid of Disney way for a little more room. is that road even used anymore? Behind the ToT there is plenty of room to do something. that would mean the end of a bugsland or at least a major reconfigure of it. Who knows maybe they will aquire those 4 hotels and 7-11 someday as well.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by biggsworth View Post
    I think there is still a lot of space that can be used for attractions. I can't wait to see what they do and what DCA looks like at age 20, 30, 40 and 50! I think they could make some great attractions that stretch the boundaries of the parks behind PP. Maybe they could even get rid of Disney way for a little more room. is that road even used anymore? Behind the ToT there is plenty of room to do something. that would mean the end of a bugsland or at least a major reconfigure of it. Who knows maybe they will aquire those 4 hotels and 7-11 someday as well.
    I really wish we knew about the ownership of those properties. The plans for Westcot definitely used that property and I believe the land is still zoned for theme park use. Which kind of makes me think that Disney already does own it. But they didn't move the power lines all the way to Katella, so that seems to suggest they might not. But it could also be that the City and the motels didn't want the lines to be moved in front of their businesses, so they'll move them at some future date if and when Disney decides to develop that property.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

• -

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    But it could also be that the City and the motels didn't want the lines to be moved in front of their businesses, so they'll move them at some future date if and when Disney decides to develop that property.
    I don't know that much about power lines, but maybe they can be moved underground if Disney decides to develop that area since it would have to be torn up anyway.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

I agree with everything you said. I had herd at one piont that disney had bought alot of land down on harber, I think it was some strawberry feilds or something and that they were going to use it for a new expanson and connect it with the monorail. not sure if this is true or not but got excited of the thought. let me know if you or anybody herd this as well.

• Unhelpful User

Quote Originally Posted by wed11269 View Post
    I agree with everything you said. I had herd at one piont that disney had bought alot of land down on harber, I think it was some strawberry feilds or something and that they were going to use it for a new expanson and connect it with the monorail. not sure if this is true or not but got excited of the thought. let me know if you or anybody herd this as well.
    Uncle Bob has more light on this subject

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456