Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Unhelpful User

One More Land Would Make DCA a full day resort!

With Cars Land and Buena Vista already Done, I believe one more land would finally make DCA into full day resort which is what Disney Executives want , the Land would have to be as big as Cars Land if they could place it in the Simba Parking lot would be a great fit and could probably add 3 attractions there calling it example "pixar land" with a "incredibles" attraction and a "wall-e" attraction and also an "UP" attraction, Pixar HQ is in California so it will fit well , but who knows if it will be ever a full day resort even with an additional land! share your thoughts!
    Last edited by DCAfanatic; 06-15-2012 at 08:06 PM.

• Minion

Re: One More Land Would Make DCA a full day resort!

Something with California's pre-history would be cool.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Minion

Id like something to do with california native americans, spanish california, or something invoving the chaparral biome that are only found here in california and australia. Maybe even something to do with Ice age paleontology.

I think the lines in Cars Land will make it a full-day resort!

• Minion

DCA doesn't need another new land, it just needs to expand on the lands it does have. A "Pixarland" seems a little redundant to me, however...

• Senior Minion

I can't see them ever expanding into Simba. It would be really expensive, first, there's a hotel and a road in the way. It would also be a huge planning and zoning problem. Everything in the resort district is already planned out and it would be a massive and incredibly expensive project to just try and get approval to do that. And since there is housing on the other side of Simba, they would probably fail to get approval even if they tried. They also have tons of space still to work with in DCA and they could make more space by removing BL.
    The Mickey audience is not made up of people; it has no racial, national, political, religious or social differences or affiliations; the Mickey audience is made up of parts of people, of that deathless, precious, ageless, absolutely primitive remnant of something in every world-wracked human being which makes us play with children’s toys and laugh without self-consciousness at silly things, and sing in bathtubs, and dream and believe that our babies are uniquely beautiful. You know…the Mickey in us.
    -Walt Disney

A: They wouldn't demolish a parking lot with the current crisis with parking, especially to make way for a land to a park that's across the road from said parking lot.

B: I agree that one last new land would round out the park on principle.

C: I believe said land should take over a bugs land and what is remaining of the parking lot that was ORIGINALLY demolished to make way for Carsland. You can observe this area quite clearly in Google Earth, but I can't figure out how to make a screenshot of it a small enough filesize to share it here.

D: Any land added should NOT be a new Pixarland. Good god, man - we've already practically made it Pixar Park what with the parade, Carsland, a bugs land, Toy Story Mania, and the Monsters Inc. attraction. The last thing it needs is more Pixar.

E: In substitution for that, I vote for a new land based earlier in California's history - Spanish, Native, and Pre-history all sound like good options to me - it would just be about making maximum use of limited space.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by skoolpsyk View Post
    I think the lines in Cars Land will make it a full-day resort!
    Get there at 8 AM..and you have Carsland down in an hour MAX.....plus have another FP to the Racer for later on.....its got a lot to offer...but it has like 1/2 what Disneyland does still for yeah...it needs a new land/subland with more rides for sure...if it wants to be the same value at Disneyland

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post
    A: They wouldn't demolish a parking lot with the current crisis with parking, especially to make way for a land to a park that's across the road from said parking lot.
    the simba lot is where cars land is. theres still room on the old lot. and no one uses it. the pumba lot is the one across the street

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 02:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0ranos View Post

C: I believe said land should take over a bugs land and what is remaining of the parking lot that was ORIGINALLY demolished to make way for Carsland. You can observe this area quite clearly in Google Earth, but I can't figure out how to make a screenshot of it a small enough filesize to share it here.

D: Any land added should NOT be a new Pixarland. Good god, man - we've already practically made it Pixar Park what with the parade, Carsland, a bugs land, Toy Story Mania, and the Monsters Inc. attraction. The last thing it needs is more Pixar.
    thats like saying fantasyland doesnt need another princess or toontown doesnt need anymore characters. Pixar IS Disney! and a bug's land is for kids. let them have their area

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 03:02 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bob View Post
    I can't see them ever expanding into Simba. It would be really expensive, first, there's a hotel and a road in the way. It would also be a huge planning and zoning problem. Everything in the resort district is already planned out and it would be a massive and incredibly expensive project to just try and get approval to do that. And since there is housing on the other side of Simba, they would probably fail to get approval even if they tried. They also have tons of space still to work with in DCA and they could make more space by removing BL.
    carsland was built in the simba lot! pumba is the one on Disney Way

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Former CM

I could spend all day in Cars Land. It's so wonderful.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMonroe View Post

thats like saying fantasyland doesnt need another princess or toontown doesnt need anymore characters. Pixar IS Disney! and a bug's land is for kids. let them have their area
    Yes Pixar is Disney, but I see it as groups or certain types of characters. Princesses are one group, Pixar is another group of characters. It's like Disney building Princess after Princess attraction. People would start complaining about the amount of Princess stuff coming into the parks.

Hope that made some sort of sense

• -

If a new land is added, I would like to see a non-character based, educational experience. Maybe something similar to the World Showcase, but with a California theme. The various pavilions would represent the different cultures that make up California starting with the natives, then the Spanish, the Asian culuture… etc. The central pavilion could represent modern CA and be a blend of all the other pavilions. The central one would have been the perfect place to house Soarin’ if it wasn’t in its current location in Condor Flats.

Exactly. I never understood the elitist mentality that one group of Disney characters is substandard to another group just because they added the additional company name. They are all Disney characters and deserve just as much representation as any other. The fact that they may have more or less representation currently may be because they may be a better fit for the rides that they are used for than other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by ssaamm View Post
    Yes Pixar is Disney, but I see it as groups or certain types of characters. Princesses are one group, Pixar is another group of characters. It's like Disney building Princess after Princess attraction. People would start complaining about the amount of Princess stuff coming into the parks.
    The difference is that princesses have basically one theme. There are numerous themes that are represented by the other characters.
    "You can cut me off from the civilized world. You can incarcerate me with two moronic cellmates. You can torture me with your thrice daily swill, but you cannot break the spirit of a Winchester. My voice shall be heard from this wilderness and I shall be delivered from this fetid and festering sewer."

Wow amazing!

• Mickey is not my Brother

the simba lot is where cars land is. theres still room on the old lot. and no one uses it. the pumba lot is the one across the street

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 02:59 AM ----------

---------- Post added 06-12-2012 at 03:02 AM ----------

carsland was built in the simba lot! pumba is the one on Disney Way
    No Carsland was built on the Timon lot, Simba is next to the Paradise Pier and Pumba is across Harbor

• I am not a Krusty Krab

Quote Originally Posted by Oswald the Rabbitt View Post
    No Carsland was built on the Timon lot, Simba is next to the Paradise Pier and Pumba is across Harbor
    my apologies. lol im dumb

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast