• Pilot EdForceOne

The view looking back towards DCA in Ornament Valley and in Radiator Springs

So we've spent all this time looking INTO Ornament Valley.. and down the street into Radiator Springs... but what we could never see until now was the view looking OUT of the land.. back towards the rest of the park.

Looking at some of the videos.. it hit me about what the view back towards the rest of the park must be like while on the ride, on the street, etc.

So what did people think looking away from the courthouse? Do things clash much? The ride video really looked odd when you start seeing ToT, etc.. but on the ride itself I'm sure you don't see much because of what you are concentrating on. But how is it on the street?

Anyone take any photos looking that direction yet?
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Re: The view looking back towards DCA in Ornament Valley and in Radiator Springs

To be honest, I didn't really notice while I was in Carsland. There is so much detail all around you that you don't really notice the far away stuff. I guess it is similar to how you can see the Matterhorn from outside Fantasyland, but you don't really focus on it. If you do look up you can see ToT pretty clearly and the Funwheel off in the distance. On RSR, you do see ToT towering over Radiator Springs and you can see much of Hollywood in the distance. There's really nothing they could have done about it though.

• Elven Queen of Caffeine

Re: The view looking back towards DCA in Ornament Valley and in Radiator Springs

I didn't take pics of that, mostly because there are still construction walls and hedges and "mountains" (oh my!) around the entire land. And other than ToT and Blue Sky Cellar I don't recall seeing the rest of DCA... Now, that could easily be because that wasn't my focus, but the land is just that immersive - I forgot I was even in DCA most of the time.

• Minion

IMG_9616 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_9797 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_9833 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_9844 by socal_ron, on Flickr

IMG_9845 by socal_ron, on Flickr

Basically, Tot sticks out a bit from some views, the view back to the winery area/grizzly peak blends in well enough visually if not thematically, and the rest is just little glimpses peeking over the trees, rooftops, or ridge that you don't notice if you aren't looking for them.

• Banned User

I dont know why but I always been one of those weird freaks tha love to see big landmarks sticking out over the park! I love the fact you can see TOT for some reason. And while its not completely thematic, I like the fact you can see Grizzly Peak, kind of keep with the mountain theme in its own way!

And I just saw the commercial for CL today that showed the Cars characters hanging out in the land and in one shot with Mater, they actually showed the tip of CCT like in Ron W's pics, but it was all in CGI form, which I liked they did that.

• Dream in wonderful color!

It works well I think. Tower of Terror is visible in some spots but it only becomes obvious if you focus your attention on it (i'm sure most guests will be too busy enjoying the brand new land - I know I was!)

Aside from ToT there's the top of Grizzly Peak and even that doesn't look out of place, as evidenced in the photos above. It's just there in the distant background, nothing that distracts you at all.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Use your imagination...

To be honest I knew Tower was there but never paid attention. There's so much to see in the area that it didn't detract for me.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

amazing

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Nikon +Disneyland = :)

Blog Entries

The most epic view looking back over the park is from RSR at night as you head up the road and pass the waterfall. As you look back over the resort on the left, you see the neon lit up in the town below, TOT, the fireworks (if you are riding at 9:30), the spot lights from the Tea Party, and the cupola from the Carthay. It really give the impression that you've driven high up into the desert and are now looking back over a small town with the big city in the background. I think all of the transitions from Carsland going back out work MUCH better than Buena Vista street into Condor Flats, where you turn a corner in Hollywood and end up in the desert.

• Pilot EdForceOne

Thanks Ron for the pictures...

So THAT'S where all the trees went

I'm not as concerned about the 'mountain tall stuff' more of the structures.. and it seems like the trees provide a really good buffer.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged