Disney finally making an Ice Queen movie! Your thoughts?

Walt Disney Animation Studios Announces Frozen for November 2013 - ComingSoon.net :

Walt Disney Animation Studios Announces Frozen for November 2013

Source: Walt Disney Pictures
    June 11, 2012

Walt Disney Animation Studios has unveiled that the epic adventure Frozen, voiced by Kristen Bell and Idina Menzel, will hit theaters in November of 2013:

Walt Disney Animation Studios presents an epic tale of adventure and comedy in “Frozen,” a computer-animated feature film slated for the big screen in November 2013. Directed by Chris Buck (“Tarzan,” “Surf’s Up”) and produced by Peter Del Vecho (“Winnie the Pooh,” “The Princess and the Frog”), “Frozen” features the vocal talents of film/TV/stage star Kristen Bell as Anna, a young dreamer about to take the adventure of a lifetime, and Tony Award ®-winning actress Idina Menzel as Elsa the Snow Queen. The movie will feature original songs by Broadway greats Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez.

In “Frozen,” a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, so Anna (voice of Bell) must team up with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, on the grandest of journeys to find the Snow Queen (voice of Menzel) and put an end to the icy spell. Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction.

Bell has starred in a variety of films, including the comedies “Forgetting Sarah Marshall” and “Couples Retreat,” and the upcoming films “Hit & Run,” “Some Girls” and the Farrelly Brothers’ “Movie 43.” On the small screen, Bell is currently starring in the Showtime series “House of Lies” alongside Don Cheadle; she has also starred in “Heroes” and “Veronica Mars.” Broadway credits include “The Crucible” and “Tom Sawyer.”

Menzel, who won a Tony Award® as Best Actress in a Musical for her role as Elphaba in Broadway’s “Wicked” (2004), landed her first role on Broadway in 1995 in the Tony Award-winning musical “Rent.” Film credits include “Enchanted” and the feature film “Rent.” She has appeared in a recurring role on TV’s “Glee” and recently released “Idina Menzel Live: Barefoot at the Symphony,” a live concert with an orchestra led by composer/conductor Marvin Hamlisch. Menzel is currently on a North American concert tour.

Robert Lopez is a three-time Tony Award®-winning writer of the Tony and Grammy® Award-winning musical “The Book of Mormon,” which was co-written with Trey Parker and Matt Stone (“South Park”), and the musical “Avenue Q,” which ran for six years on Broadway and four years in London’s West End. Lopez teamed with wife Anderson-Lopez, whose Drama Desk-winning show “In Transit” is Broadway-bound, to write original songs for 2011’s “Winnie the Pooh,” a stage version of “Finding Nemo” and a new musical called “Up Here.”

Knowing Disney has tried making this a film and even a Disneyland ride for years, what are your thoughts?

Cheers!

• Banned User

Re: Disney finally making an Ice Queen movie! Your thoughts?

disappointing. If it were hand drawn and a more serious film, not another cheesy comedy thing like Tangled, I'd be interested.

would've liked to see a more serious and hand drawn story as well.. Wasn't Tangled originally supposed to be hand drawn?
    Learn How To Lose Weight While Still Eating All Your Favorite Disney Foods! --> http://www.youtube.com/theantidietsecrets

• film975

Not exactly. Glenn Keane (one of the film's producers) wanted to experiment with making computer animation look more like traditional animation. And personally, I think Tangled is one of Disney's best computer animated films along with Meet the Robinsons.

• I am not a Krusty Krab

interesting it has attraction written all over it

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

• Minion

Sounds like it could have potential, but ugh! Kristen Bell! Can't stomach the woman, and her nails-on-a-chalkboard voice is one of the main reasons.

• Minion

ORWEN: I always thought the original story was more serious with no comedy. Of course Disney always manages to bring comedy into all their animated films so I guess it could work. I have nothing against it. It'll give us all something to look forward to.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

MODS: perhaps this thread could be merged w/ the pre-existing 'FROZEN' thread in NEWS section, thanks
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

• Future Imagineer! =D

I'm excited! I do hope though it's serious. I actually really liked Tangled..

However, I'd looove it to be hand-drawn animation. Oh well. I just hope it doesn't come out looking as bad as Brave!

I heard rumors that Alan Menken was going to write some of the songs!! Awesome! I really hope it does at least have good songs. I also hope the main characters aren't like really young, like little kid young.

So I might be seeing this movie. I can't judge it too much until the commercials come out
    ...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
    Disney is my life <3
    Thank Walt for all he did! <3
    Future Imagineer <3
    Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

• keh!

I was disappointed when I heard this film will now be CG instead of 2D animation. I was really hoping they would make another 2D animation film. But Tangled was good, so I won't hate on Frozen just yet, lol.